Morrissey & Iran

wally63

Does anyone know where Morrissey's fascination with Iran stems from? At the Chicago show he mentioned Iran being bombed by America and it being Penis Envy. A few years ago he said he would love to go to Iran and play some shows. Some other time in that interview with that Isreali actor he said he watched Iranian movies. There are some more examples that I can't remember now. I'm curious to know if anyone has any ideas about this subject. Why Iran?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know where Morrissey's fascination with Iran stems from? At the Chicago show he mentioned Iran being bombed by America and it being Penis Envy. A few years ago he said he would love to go to Iran and play some shows. Some other time in that interview with that Isreali actor he said he watched Iranian movies. There are some more examples that I can't remember now. I'm curious to know if anyone has any ideas about this subject. Why Iran?

Because it's on the brink of the media, whisper-wise, where our next big shit is going to fall.

I wouldn't say he's "fascinated" with it, he's just talking about it to pre-emptively wake people up to the bullshit to follow.

I think that he, like many intelligent people, lost whatever tiny shred of hope he had left after Obama proved to be just another puppet. At this point, I think that the only people who take politics and war seriously (in the sense of supporting it, and thinking it makes a difference) are either the woefully stupid or the big corporations.

As far as his name-dropping of the Iranian film industry, I'd say that's unrelated. Morrissey has always loved cinema, and Iran makes movies like any other country. There's art to be found everywhere. If you're implying that he was mentioning it to an Israeli individual in order to make trouble, then I don't know, I can't remember the context of that interview.

Because it's on the brink of the media, whisper-wise, where our next big shit is going to fall.

I wouldn't say he's "fascinated" with it, he's just talking about it to pre-emptively wake people up to the bullshit to follow.

I think that he, like many intelligent people, lost whatever tiny shred of hope he had left after Obama proved to be just another puppet. At this point, I think that the only people who take politics and war seriously (in the sense of supporting it, and thinking it makes a difference) are either the woefully stupid or the big corporations.

As far as his name-dropping of the Iranian film industry, I'd say that's unrelated. Morrissey has always loved cinema, and Iran makes movies like any other country. There's art to be found everywhere. If you're implying that he was mentioning it to an Israeli individual in order to make trouble, then I don't know, I can't remember the context of that interview.

Couldn't agree more

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom