Morrissey Central "MORRISSEY NEW ALBUM" (May 30, 2021)

Morrissey's new album, BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS, has been completed in Los Angeles.

"The worst year of my life concludes with the best album of my life." - Morrissey.

The eleven tracks are:

1 I AM VERONICA
2 REBELS WITHOUT APPLAUSE
3 KEROUAC'S CRACK
4 HA HA HARLEM
5 I LIVE IN OBLIVION

6 BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS
7 MY FUNERAL
8 DIANA DORS
9 I EX-LOVE YOU
10 SURE ENOUGH, THE TELEPHONE RINGS
11 SAINT IN A STAINED-GLASS WINDOW

Morrissey is unsigned. The album is available to the highest (or lowest)
bidder.

unnamed_xrljaa.jpg

artwork by Liam Lynch
photograph by Jean Messenger

Morrissey's 5 nights at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas start on August 28, and there are no anti-social distancing or facial concealment rules in place.

Regards,
FWD.

Related items:
Media items:

The question is who will take a chance on such a tarnished brand?

See - what he could do is cut out the middle-man and take all the revenue by offering a pay-for-download - if he has such faith in the product, why not do this? I'll tell you why...he knows the risks at this stage of his career, and he wants that risk shifted onto someone else's shoulders so he can blame them for when it inevitably doesn't sell. Not only that, we know he doesn't like spending his own money, and much prefers someone else to do it. So, as previously, it's all about risk and spending money, neither of which he likes, because it's always, always someone else's fault.

I know there will be plenty who don't see it that way, and to them, I ask the following:

Why do you think it is that the money-making record company organisations aren't clamouring to make money from a new Morrissey release and be associated with his brand, when that is their whole raison d'etre? Can you think of a reason why that might be?

One more thing - do people think that this is the opening gambit to get a label-funded release? Do you think discussions haven't already been held with a view to doing just that?

The album already exists - someone has paid for the studio time, the musicians etc.

When was the last time Morrissey had albums released in three consecutive years? 1990-1991-1992 I think. Although that first one was a compilation. So maybe we have to go back to 1984-1988! Great news!
Yes, although that kinda depends on someone actually releasing this thing this year (or at all). It is good to see this level of productivity at this stage though. I don't mean to be morbid, but at Morrissey's age he surely only has a limited amount of years before his health and/or voice packs up. Paul McCartney may still be alive and healthy, but his voice has been shot for at least a decade. If we have to wait 5 or 6 years between albums, we're really not going to get that many more Moz albums before it's essentially all over. :(

Let's cross our fingers so that Moz does not make references to an issue as complex as the pandemic, the virus exists and continues to spread the death of many people and in the absence of a medication that cures covid, vaccines are the most effective thing there is to stop the contagions, and I think that if MoZ comes out in favor of the deniers it will hurt

Moz has everything cooked up in a short time will announce the launch of BOT!!!! Morrissey is in suspenseful mode is generating anxiety in us fans,soon we will have great news Viva el gran Moz carajooo!!!!!!!!

I wonder if Ha Ha Harlem will have anything to do with ASAP Rocky, since they've been working together and he comes from Harlem.

The album already exists - someone has paid for the studio time, the musicians etc.

Yes so most of the large costs have been paid, so why doesn't he just go for a distribution deal, Buzzcocks did that for a while via EMI and it worked well for them.

The title probably just a lazy pun on Tom Wolfe's novel Bonfire of the Vanities. Just like Low in High School didn't carry any deeper meaning.

Yes, although that kinda depends on someone actually releasing this thing this year (or at all). It is good to see this level of productivity at this stage though. I don't mean to be morbid, but at Morrissey's age he surely only has a limited amount of years before his health and/or voice packs up. Paul McCartney may still be alive and healthy, but his voice has been shot for at least a decade. If we have to wait 5 or 6 years between albums, we're really not going to get that many more Moz albums before it's essentially all over. :(
I think it’s hard to find anyone at Morrissey’s stage in his career releasing three albums in three consecutive years. From a commercial standpoint it is wiser to wait 3-4 years between albums, but Moz being so productive is more interesting these days than commercial notions.

I think it’s hard to find anyone at Morrissey’s stage in his career releasing three albums in three consecutive years. From a commercial standpoint it is wiser to wait 3-4 years between albums, but Moz being so productive is more interesting these days than commercial notions.

Paul Weller does ok at it, 5 albums in 6 years.

Yes, another great artist for whom music is more important than commercial success.

I'll remind you of this comment the next time Morrissey is either whinging that his record company has let him down yet again, or he's crowing about getting to number one in the Polish indie chart!

All the fans need Moz and Mozzy doesn't abandon us he works for us and for himself ,once again his music saves us all and Moz!!, I'm so proud to be such an admirer of Morrissey ,and I'm excited about his new album and I feel that his new work is love that he sends us all !!! Thank you Mozulis for continuing to sing I wish you the best!!!!!

It's simply good news that Morrissey is still being productive and creative. I hope that we will get to hear this at some point, but it's admirable that he has been dynamic enough to get it recorded himself without the backing of a record company.

Considering the year that he's had, I expect it to be both wildly erratic and hugely entertaining.

Yes so most of the large costs have been paid, so why doesn't he just go for a distribution deal, Buzzcocks did that for a while via EMI and it worked well for them.

Maybe he is looking for a distribution deal. He hasn't gone into detail. He's fussy, so he wouldn't take any old offer.

It's just daft to imply he's avoiding costs when they've already accumulated.

Yes, another great artist for whom music is more important than commercial success.

He also manages commercial success as well, although he doesn’t seem obsessed with it His last 2 went straight to number 1 in the UK, so no reason why Morrissey couldn’t do the same.

Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom