Morrissey Central "MORRISSEY NEW ALBUM" (May 30, 2021)

Morrissey's new album, BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS, has been completed in Los Angeles.

"The worst year of my life concludes with the best album of my life." - Morrissey.

The eleven tracks are:

1 I AM VERONICA
2 REBELS WITHOUT APPLAUSE
3 KEROUAC'S CRACK
4 HA HA HARLEM
5 I LIVE IN OBLIVION

6 BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS
7 MY FUNERAL
8 DIANA DORS
9 I EX-LOVE YOU
10 SURE ENOUGH, THE TELEPHONE RINGS
11 SAINT IN A STAINED-GLASS WINDOW

Morrissey is unsigned. The album is available to the highest (or lowest)
bidder.

unnamed_xrljaa.jpg

artwork by Liam Lynch
photograph by Jean Messenger

Morrissey's 5 nights at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas start on August 28, and there are no anti-social distancing or facial concealment rules in place.

Regards,
FWD.

Related items:
Media items:

Sonic Reducers discuss Morrissey's new album, and if artists should sell their music to the highest bidder.

He complained in 1995 that Aunt EMI would fob him off with small change. RCA and Island/Mercure were wildly romantic reminiscences and trophies of a vanished era (Elvis). ATTACK did it all for him for 2 records, then Decca, Harvest and BMG....
What does he expect? A worldwide promotion and support that doesn't question anything and lets him have his way? Unconditional loyalty and financial support from the record company, which should put its profit motive completely behind it and that with insignificant sales figures?

I can't believe Moz has an album supposedly ready to go and no way to release it.

So does he just pay for all the studio time and musicians' fees himself without an eye towards how the end products might be distributed? It's not like he has a Peter Gabriel-esque or Springsteen-like set-up with his own personal studio.

"Morrissey is unsigned. The album is available to the highest (or lowest) bidder." isn't a clear indicator of anything and is more akin to many humorous asides made on Central posts historically.
Yet, YT channels like the above podcast discuss it as certainty & the NME take it completely at face value and even spin it in to a clear and defined process: "...will be sold to the highest record label bidder" - that remains to be seen, so making points off said is a bit premature.
This is exactly the issue when people start to embellish things, play pass it on and eventually it's completely skewed or plain false.
Currently, that comment sits at a humour level with myself at least - this not being my first rodeo as they say.
When facts emerge to the contrary, then I'll adjust my view.
Regards,
FWD.

He complained in 1995 that Aunt EMI would fob him off with small change. RCA and Island/Mercure were wildly romantic reminiscences and trophies of a vanished era (Elvis). ATTACK did it all for him for 2 records, then Decca, Harvest and BMG....
What does he expect? A worldwide promotion and support that doesn't question anything and lets him have his way? Unconditional loyalty and financial support from the record company, which should put its profit motive completely behind it and that with insignificant sales figures?

The truth is the business model of record making is one that never benefits the artist. It's a ripoff, a grift and a miserable scam. Steve needs to pivot and either do it himself, or create a label in an exclusive partnership with a distributor / streaming service.

"Morrissey is unsigned. The album is available to the highest (or lowest) bidder." isn't a clear indicator of anything and is more akin to many humorous asides made on Central posts historically.
Yet, YT channels like the above podcast discuss it as certainty & the NME take it completely at face value and even spin it in to a clear and defined process: "...will be sold to the highest record label bidder" - that remains to be seen, so making points off said is a bit premature.
This is exactly the issue when people start to embellish things, play pass it on and eventually it's completely skewed or plain false.
Currently, that comment sits at a humour level with myself at least - this not being my first rodeo as they say.
Regards,
FWD.
I'm with you, and suspect any prospective record label release of the new album is a done deal.

Next bogus music mogul please

Regards,
FWD.

You may be right, they say a leopard rarely changes it's spots - Judge John Weeks described the lead singer, Stephen Morrissey, as "devious, truculent and unreliable"

Regards,
FWD.
at least it gets people talking about it

Sonic Reducers discuss Morrissey's new album, and if artists should sell their music to the highest bidder.

I wonder if Morrissey is aware of the Altiyan Childs YouTube video that is doing the rounds at the moment. I wonder how much he is aware of Freemasonry in Hollywood or the MK Ultra trauma-based mind control that some say is just a conspiracy theory. Britney Spears is a very different artist to Morrissey she mostly does bubblegum pop and is very mainstream and is younger than Morrissey but is he aware of her struggles. There is a band called "Muse" some of their songs and albums have strange titles.

Please excuse my morbid optimism but I always thought the potential for one last great Morrissey album would follow the death of his nearest and dearest.
The song title "My funeral" struck me. Morrissey has been writing about his mortality before, now he gets a step closer and starts thinking about his funeral. The source of inspiration for this, most likely, is his mother's funeral.
I guess we will have to wait and see, although slightly concerned Boz probably isn't involved this time round.
Boz was already less involved in IANADOAC, the fact that he didn't contribute a single song there got me worried. But it turned out better than expected. Not saying that I want to see Boz disappearing completely.

No hygiene restrictions at the upcoming concerts. Yes, that's how they are, the rebels without applause.

"I am Veronica" should feature Iggy (as Veronica's boyfriend).
Now you got me worried that this song might be about these people refusing to wear masks in public places (like those Trump supporters). I hope to be proven wrong on this one.

When was the last time Morrissey had albums released in three consecutive years? 1990-1991-1992 I think. Although that first one was a compilation. So maybe we have to go back to 1984-1988! Great news!
I do consider California Son (2019) as a compilation of sorts, so for me it is like 1990 - 1991 - 1992. Either way, in both cases, the sequence ended on a high note.

Like with everything he says. Morrissey is so misunderstood, especially his humor.

Regards,
FWD.

:thumb:

You may be right, they say a leopard rarely changes it's spots - Judge John Weeks described the lead singer, Stephen Morrissey, as "devious, truculent and unreliable"

:clap::sleeping:

Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom