Morrissey NOT invited to Nobel Artist celebration after KFC comments

From here - http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/article17939795.ab

Google translation - Oslo's mayor, Conservative Party politician Fabian Stang, has invited all the artists who are attending the celebration of the Nobel Peace Prize to a conversation, rather - all except Morrissey. The reason that Morrissey gets ported can be found in a statement that the British pop icon felled during a concert shortly after the terrorist attacks on Utøya and in Oslo, reports NTB.

Morrissey is known as a militant vegan and in between snack, he compared the terrorist attacks with the production of fast food.

- We all live in a murderous world, as the events in Norway have shown. But that's nothing compared to what happens in McDonald's and Kentucky Fried Chicken every day, said the singer.

In an interview with the Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet explains Fabian Stang their unwillingness to invite Morrissey:

- The seriousness of comparing our nation's tragedy to flipping burgers makes it difficult for me to be accommodating, even though his job is to sing, not talk.

"His job is to sing, not talk." f***ing fascist!

From Morrissey portad från fredsprismöte - Aftonbladet.

Google translation - Oslo's mayor, Conservative Party politician Fabian Stang, has invited all the artists who are attending the celebration of the Nobel Peace Prize to a conversation, rather - all except Morrissey. The reason that Morrissey gets ported can be found in a statement that the British pop icon felled during a concert shortly after the terrorist attacks on Utøya and in Oslo, reports NTB.

Morrissey is known as a militant vegan and in between snack, he compared the terrorist attacks with the production of fast food.

- We all live in a murderous world, as the events in Norway have shown. But that's nothing compared to what happens in McDonald's and Kentucky Fried Chicken every day, said the singer.

In an interview with the Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet explains Fabian Stang their unwillingness to invite Morrissey:

- The seriousness of comparing our nation's tragedy to flipping burgers makes it difficult for me to be accommodating, even though his job is to sing, not talk.

Last edited by a moderator:
It struck me being a bit strange that Morrissey would be performing so shortly after his comments. Until TTY confirm we are not better off for knowing.

The other artists should boycott.

Last edited:
This is so wrong. It would be understandable if Morrissey wasn't invited due to his prior comments, but since he was he should be treated the same as any other artist. Morrissey is there to pay tribute to the peace prize winner and get some exposure the same as anyone else.

I realize the mayor didn't pick Morrissey but he should respect the decision of the Nobel committee.

Is the mayor trying to taunt Morrissey into canceling?!?

"His job is to sing, not talk." f***ing fascist!

Fantastic, well done Fabian Stang give him the key to the city and the right to herd turkeys, sheep, pigs, hens, cattle through the town.
I shall write a letter to the Queen to see if its to late to nominate Fabian for the new years honours list.
Three cheers for Fabian Stang !!!!!! Hip hip . . . . . . . .Hoorah
Hip hip. . . . . . . . .Hoorah
Hip hip . . . . . . . . Hoorah

Don't forget to protest (peacefully) 11/12/13 Give Bore-Arse-Ley a taste of his own medicine ! Spread the word Norway this is not a man of peace
Eggs, flour, red dye, rotten fruit, veg, meat, etc etc are all fair game.
We are counting on you Norway this is your chance to shine.

Fabian Stang !!! what a top bloke !!!! Cheers Fabian

Benny-the-Butcher

This is so wrong. It would be understandable if Morrissey wasn't invited due to his prior comments, but since he was he should be treated the same as any other artist. Morrissey is there to pay tribute to the peace prize winner and get some exposure the same as anyone else.

I realize the mayor didn't pick Morrissey but he should respect the decision of the Nobel committee.

Yes. Nothing works like the threat of exclusion. Fabian doesn't know that Morrissey is the Master of being excluded from stuff, this is old hat to him. :lbf:

I hope so ! (Fingers crossed)

Statement True-to-you

Morrissey has pulled out of the Nobel peace concert in Oslo 10/11/13 due to his . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .!!!!!!!!!!!! erm !!!!!!!!!!!! AH HA !!!!!!!!!! His Mum is ill !!!!! Yes his Mum is ill (again)

Benny-the-Butcher

This is the least elegant approach but at the end of the day, people are thinking about KFC. Actually they're displacing their gripeyness by talking about Morrissey, but he's taking one for the "Let's discuss factory farming.' team. So really...he's winning.

Justice Part 1 Complete.
Now lets get him thrown off the bill completely, Morrissey has nothing to do with peace, you only need to look back at his well documented comments to realise this.

NORWAY PLEASE KICK THIS DELUDED PROVOCATIVE IDIOT OFF THE BILL, HE HAS NOTHING IN COMMON WITH PEACE AT ALL.

Benny-the-Butcher

This is the least elegant approach but at the end of the day, people are thinking about KFC. Actually they're displacing their gripeyness by talking about Morrissey, but he's taking one for the "Let's discuss factory farming.' team. So really...he's winning.

Yeh right, if that helps you cope then so be it .
For me he's just a Twunt !

Guess-who !

I hope so ! (Fingers crossed)

Statement True-to-you

Morrissey has pulled out of the Nobel peace concert in Oslo 10/11/13 due to his . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .!!!!!!!!!!!! erm !!!!!!!!!!!! AH HA !!!!!!!!!! His Mum is ill !!!!! Yes his Mum is ill (again)

Benny-the-Butcher

True-to-you ? What a joke :laughing:

I am actually somewhat curious and I mean this sincerely--did anyone in Norway actually care about Morrissey before the media made a big deal about this? I am not questioning the sincerity of people's outrage I am just wondering was this previously a big issue in Norway? Like is Morrissey a big deal there and therefore comments he makes would get major media attention? Or did somebody bring this up after he was selected to play at the concert and thus the controversy began?

Whenever something conservative tries to embrace the modern times anarchy will follow.

well this is the smart way to get his performance cancelled. now we don't have to speculate till show time whether he will be there or no. I guess events like 9/11 happen at KFC daily

:thumb:

This is the least elegant approach but at the end of the day, people are thinking about KFC.

Yeah...they're wondering which side will go better with their popcorn chicken - coleslaw or green beans?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom