Morrissey on "Alan Carr: Chatty Man" (Oct. 2, 2015) - reminder / reports

Look forward to watch it tonight!

According to https://twitter.com/Intl_Playboy, Morrissey is wearing Dolce & Gabbana shirt.

From @chattyman / Twitter:

Look who's FINALLY on @chattyman tomorrow 10pm @Channel4!! Yup, it's the legendary #Morrissey! Sam x #KissMeALot

chattyman.png

Post by Detritus (original post):

It was confirmed by the official Chatty Man Twitter page that Morrissey's performance was pre-recorded, presumably while the band were still in England.

UPDATE 8:15 PM PT:

Video link posted by docinwestchester:

https://vimeo.com/141240261

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting P.
My point is simple - he could easily do 'crowd pleasing' sets that pack venues... He doesn't.
He could easily write and make less "vapid" songs as asserted by Mr.Anon.. He doesn't.
I think you need to detach what he says about charts (which are clearly redundant in this era anyway) and look at what he actually settles for!
He makes a living "irregardless" (excuse the awful Americanism) of deals or not.
Most of his recent activity is to moan about deals, yet tour... He truly doesn't care - he likes the whole victim culture. He thrives off it.
Money isn't the objective - making a living is. Does he go over and above to earn - never. Does he do what is required to survive - yes. The moaning about deals and charting would happen if he had a number one album...
Regards,
FWD

Thats a very interesting post. The thing non of us know is - what does he want out of life? I had a couple of friends saying to me at a party tonight - did you see Morrissey last night on Alan Carr, christ he was good. If he channeled his energy into people like that, he could resurrect his career, instead he chooses the victim approach.

By the way, New Orders first album in 10 years charted at no 2

Last edited:
to care about something doesnt mean to care about it to the nth degree. i care about eating candy enough to walk to the store and say yummy i like it when i eat and wish i had more when its gone, doesnt mean i care all that much or more than other things.

Will Morrissey not be this guy's friend because he is from the UK like he is friends with that old owl looking American interviewer guy? Anonymous-

Good performance of this track, but sadly have to agree that it's being pushed too hard as the little single that could.
Would make a good b-side to something with more staying power.

I liked World Peace plenty and think the current band is solid. Morrissey's place in pop music history is already legend. There will be kids watching his videos and listening to the songs 30, 50, 100 years from now and crushed that they weren't alive when it all happened.

For the here and now, there's still time for a unforgettable swan song with the right creative partner(s). But who are they?

Thats a very interesting post. The thing non of us know is - what does he want out of life? I had a couple of friends saying to me at a party tonight - did you see Morrissey last night on Alan Carr, christ he was good. If he channeled his energy into people like that, he could resurrect his career, instead he chooses the victim approach.

By the way, New Orders first album in 10 years charted at no 2

and what did it chart in the u.s., a somewhat large market and what did it sell in overall units. does it matter that it charted behind world peace in ireland and germany and in other countries. should they all be following the market stratigies of sam smith who was the only u.k artist to sell a million not long ago

Have no idea, just posted it charted at number 2 as number of people on this board also like New Order, take it you are not one of them, or are are you so far up Morrisseys arse that nothing else interests you?

Have no idea, just posted it charted at number 2 as number of people on this board also like New Order, take it you are not one of them, or are are you so far up Morrisseys arse that nothing else interests you?

if you were just trying to talk about new order then this is a weird thread, the morrissey chatty man thread, to do it in as theres a bunch in the other music section and not in the morrissey section dedicated to them where youve posted before. seems like youre trying to make some point. no im not a fan but im also not a hater. as reality bites pointed out somewhere else, in a thread about new order, its usually for fans of dance music which im not really into unless im dancing and dont know much about. od be more into electronic. i also love many other musical artists and post a bunch about them. i just posted two recently in the what albums are you listening to as well as in the what song are you listening to where i dont see you very often

#kissMeALot

The man seriously needs to stop flogging that song. It isn't good, it doesn't get better with repeated listens, it is lazy, vapid, and just plain embarrassing, both musically and lyrically.

"Where's my contract?"

So says you...Great performance and decent song..so says I

I love New Order, thanks for mentioning their chart position. I listened to their new album but need to give it another few listens before I comment on it.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom