Morrissey on "Later... with Jools Holland" (London, Oct. 3, 2017) - reminder / reports

UPDATE Oct. 7:

Posted by an anonymous person:

Posted by docinwestchester:

UPDATE Oct. 6:

Posted by Peanut:

The full show is tomorrow (Sat. 7th) at 11pm on BBC Two, not today as written in OP.

Posted by Springhealedkev:

I was at the Jools Holland show and he did 3 songs. The other 2 are ... ' I wish you lonely ' and 'all the young people must fall in love ' ... got so close to him but yet so far... thought we might see them in the bar after , but no.

Note posted by Johnny Barleycorn:

This edition is the short version. The full show will be on Friday.

Link to jools.holland.official / Instagram posted by an anonymous person:

40889_morrissey_jools.jpg

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Tbevie, post: 1987028324, member: 197"
If you don't like the new stuff then fare enough have your say but don't bring other people down or criticise them for likeing it.[/QUOTE]

I don't think people are criticizing or bringing other people down as much as they are being critical of the actual music. The mistake being made is that when someone says they like something, and someone else says they don't like it, most of the time the former takes it personally; as if it's some kind of personal attack. Yes, I'm confident there is some spattering of that, but largely that's just not a true statement.

But let's be somewhat honest with ourselves here....has anyone really felt the same way after their first listen to Spent The Day In Bed in comparison to First Of The Gang To Die?

I believe it was Jonny Rogan that described when he first heard Bigmouth Strikes Again at his kitchen sink how he was just floored at how good it was.

It's good to have new music from Morrissey, and if this new music makes people feel incredible joy, then that is well, as we all must find things in life that make us feel that way. Just don't let it turn into making 'life observations' that really aren't accurate or true.

Last edited:
It's pointless arguing about what constitutes a good or bad album or song, we will never agree.
It's a matter of taste, opinion, etc.
All I will say is that if this was the first material I had heard by a new artist, I would not listen again nor would I buy their album, and that to me is a good enough barometer, irrespective of Morrissey's brilliance in the past.

As for the past, well the past never dies, nobody will ever take that away from us, no matter how hard Morrissey himself may try.

I just hope they don't play Speedway. I need Gustavo ruining the end of the song like I need a hole in the head - why is he STILL doing it? It's always such a let-down when it builds, and builds....and then Morrissey is gone, and playing a f***ing tambourine whilst you are stuck watching the crappy karaoke version.

Slightly off topic but the UKIP comment notwithstanding, one of the disappointing things for me yesterday was that of the "old" material there was nothing new to what was played on the last tour. His back catalogue is extensive and some changes to the set list wouldn't go amiss.

Probably spend day in bed, and speedway then

think the problem is, people automatically compare the new songs with older ones without actually listening to the song they're listening to, so it's not possible for them to enjoy it in the first place !

One must surrender to music or all art to experience it at all. Maybe as people get older they have lost the ability to do this with their 'adult' minds crammed with useless 'better days' and a past that they are constantly comparing the present to, a present that will never live up or be as good as their 'glorious past' experiences, which are long dead, but still we retrieve them and shape them through memory as we see fit, but it's never the same as it once was, nor should it be.

play loud, relax, and enjoy them for what they are, and you'll hear them for what they are,which is... PERFECT and now.

Namaste, etc :)
I'm not a fan of Gogol Bordello, but they have one lyric that always stuck with me.
"There were never any 'good old days' they are today, they are tomorrow. What a stupid thing to say cursing tomorrow with sorrow."

I kind of have this thing against poisonous nostalgia.

"Nostalgia is recall without the criticism of the present day, all the good parts, memory without the pain"
-Carrie Brownstein

I hope to God tonight's film crew do a better job than the 6music footage.
It's just so embarrassing having to witness Jesse's "coming face" when he attempts his solo screeching.

#Steve is not Northern

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

I just hope they don't play Speedway. I need Gustavo ruining the end of the song like I need a hole in the head - why is he STILL doing it? It's always such a let-down when it builds, and builds....and then Morrissey is gone, and playing a f***ing tambourine whilst you are stuck watching the crappy karaoke version.
but you could have said no if you wanted to

why some people bear something that they don't like, it's beyond understanding:
masochism ?

Never buy one ticket to one of his concerts again and watch the fantastic video footage of the Smiths and of Morrissey's first era. Go seeing classical concerts, with Stravinsky, Wagner... there are tons of super things to do but do stop moaning !!!

Why do I always see your F.ckface arround here? Who do you think you are?
Morrissey's wife? Get a life you c.nt

In all honesty I heard mogwai today on 6music and they sounded shite too. I seem to recall most stuff sounds better on jools. Heres hoping. Im looking forward to it.

Not gonna watch it when aired as I prefer to be able to skip the boring parts when Jools abuses the piano to some world music outfit.

You’ve gone to The National

the new songs yesterday were still in their raw state,once joe c works his magic I'm sure they will sound even better.
will he keep the pretenders song on the tour,would imagine so.
I want to hear jingle bells again,sounded good.

I hope he plays two new songs. Of course he'll play spent the day but I'd like to see all the young people (jools on piano would be fine with me) or home is

Well I enjoyed the National and Morrissey's performance. Mind you after watching Doctor Foster I would probably have enjoyed being buried alive

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom