"Morrissey pop-up shop at Salford Lads Club for Manchester arena gig" - Manchester Evening News

Morrissey pop-up shop at Salford Lads Club for Manchester arena gig - Manchester Evening News

For once he will not be asking shoplifters of the world to unite.

Morrissey is opening a pop-up store - at Salford Lads Club .

Mozza merchandise will be on sale in the ‘Mpourium’ including limited T-shirts, vinyl, and his books for three days to coincide with the weekend that the singer is performing in Manchester.

Morrissey’s gig will take place on Saturday August 20th at Manchester Arena and the shop will open each day from August 19th to 21st.

Leslie Holmes, spokesman for the Lads Club, said: “It’s really great for us to have a link with Morrissey for the weekend and shows how important we are to fans.

“This weekend will bring a lot more visitors into Salford. It’s fantastic for us and for the city. We’ve had an amazing number of visitors recently with the Stone Roses concerts and last week’s festival at Castlefield Bowl.

“All these visitors bring a great deal of money into the city and we really appreciate the support of the fans who make the pilgrimage here. It’s a lifeline for the club and one of the reasons we have become such a success story over the last 15 years.”

The Club will also show an exhibition of fresh-faced Morrissey and Johnny Marr taken by fan, Colin Howe, back in 1983.

Inspiral Carpets’ Craig Gill will also be calling in with his Manchester Music Tour bus.

The show is Morrissey’s only UK gig this year and is part of an international tour for the former The Smiths frontman.

Morrissey will be joined by special guest Damien Dempsey - the Irish singer/songwriter who fuses folk and contemporary lyrics to deliver heartfelt songs with cutting social commentary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like Moz has approved this. What a nice thing to see in an age where bricks and mortar shops are crumbling to dust.

'Morrissey is opening a pop-up store - at Salford Lads Club .'

makes it sound like he's gonna be there early setting up a little stand, pricing and folding t-shirts. Hope he makes it to the gig on time.:lbf:
hahahaha hilarious! yoo hoo, Morrissey, can you tell me if your shirts will shrink in the wash?! if I buy 10 will you give me a deal?! :lbf:

Lil' Sammy has to have the best photo equipment and newest Air Jordans and lets not even talk about Nancy's spending habits at the Beverly Center.

I think this payout is going to have more middle aged Brits with their beer belly KFC/Burger King/McDonalds guts hanging over their $350.00 pair of Levis 501's clambering over each other trying to touch Morrissey than the HammeringSmith dance hall last year when he lied and said "our UK days are over". I reckon. Goooooooool! Cats 1 Proddys 0. Lets riot! Nike, CHEVEROLET, Yankee caps, and New Balance

Last edited:
Lil' Sammy has to have the best photo equipment and newest Air Jordans and lets not even talk about Nancy's spending habits at the Beverly Center.

I think this payout is going to have more middle aged Brits with their beer belly KFC/Burger King/McDonalds guts hanging over their $350.00 pair of Levis 501's clambering over each other trying to touch Morrissey than the HammeringSmith dance hall last year when he lied and said "our UK days are over". I reckon. Goooooooool! Cats 1 Proddys 0. Lets riot! Nike, CHEVEROLET, Yankee caps, and New Balance
There are tablets these days that can help you.

Sounds like Moz has approved this. What a nice thing to see in an age where bricks and mortar shops are crumbling to dust.

If only you lived in England ACTON ! Did you you know Steven used to live in Salford lads club ? Yes It's where he filmed the video for ' Stop me ' ! :laughing::rofl::mock::tiphat:

Honest to God ACTON ! By the way have you done the homework I set you and revised Steve's bible Autoshiteography ? Report back.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

The craziest thing about this are the side stories of that article. Of course there is the sad news of the attack in Germany. But there were two other incidents...gang members go at each other with knives and machete! ...and man arrested with axe in station. In America, we are told if guns were removed criminals would still have guns. Lets just say I wish our gang wars ended like theirs did...one man stabbed and on man taser'd. Usually it is 1 gangmember dead, 2 bystanders killed and 4 seriously injured in gun battle

If only you lived in England ACTON ! Did you you know Steven used to live in Salford lads club ? Yes It's where he filmed the video for ' Stop me ' ! :laughing::rofl::mock::tiphat:

Honest to God ACTON ! By the way have you done the homework I set you and revised Steve's bible Autoshiteography ? Report back.

:handfist::handok:

L O L ! Things must be bad ! :rofl:.
A 4kin pop up shop ? Is the wonga going to the Lads club or local charities ?

KERCHING $$$$$$$£££££££££ ! ! !

Could it be the high court enforcement officers are still on the case ?
What a way to live your life ?
No wonder he can't write a decent song these day's, far to consumed with money matters.

How not to be a pop performer kids !

No wonder he can't write a decent song these day's, far to consumed with money matters.

:thumbsdown:

Even a child eventually gets fed up raising hell and breaking things yet here you are spouting incomprehensible insidious insane inanities that warp my brain into aggravated alliteration. As it happens I did find Autobiography lacking in autobiography but it was a leviathan of lucid literature compared to the degenerate drivel of List Of The Lunatic.

Glad someone around here puts things into perspective.:lbf:

Last edited:
I reckon are there going to be "Morrissey for Mayor of Lundon" shirts on sale?

I can't say for sure, but I have heard a rumor there will be authentic New York Yankee Baseball caps direct from New York on sale for 2,500 stones, so get there early!

I reckon are there going to be "Morrissey for Mayor of Lundon" shirts on sale?

I can't say for sure, but I have heard a rumor there will be authentic New York Yankee Baseball caps direct from New York on sale for 2,500 stones, so get there early!

:hearnoevil::seenoevil::speaknoevil:

Besides previously donating to their funds himself and the planned events also selling SLC goods (with Morrissey references - see link), anything that helps this great community resource is better than nothing. Salford remains an area with a lot of challenges and the work SLC has done for the youth and area for over 110 years is always worthy of support.
Regards,
FWD
https://salfordladsclub.org.uk
Or
https://salfordladsclub.org.uk/shop/#!/T-shirts/c/12738409/offset=0&sort=normal

That's great. This kind of social and sports clubs are wonderful for the community, especially for young people. These institutions were very important in my country until crisis, drugs, videogames and -mainly- social segregation policies, nearly killed them. Best football and tennis players came out from these little clubs in small cities.
Besides, they were a big factor of democratization. During my teen years I assisted to a wonderful club where everybody could practice a lot of sports, even expensive nautical sports, by a little fee. People who could support the institution made donations for the benefit of all. I miss those years, people were not as separated by economic and social issues like these days. Today, if you go to a gym all the people is like you, and that's boring and endogenous.
Pardon the digression. I wish the best for Salford Lads Club. It seems wonderful.

Presuming that the profits go the Salford Lad's Club - and not Morrissey - this is good news. Whether many of the people who stumped up £90 for a standing ticket are going to have much cash left to spend on £30 T-shirts is another matter...

well said countthree. reminds me of the youth clubs which used to be everywhere in the seventies,as usual the funding dried up and these places faded into obscurity.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom