Morrissey pop-up shop to open at Battersea Dogs & Cats Home this weekend - NME

Morrissey pop-up shop to open at Battersea Dogs & Cats Home this weekend.

Morrissey pop-up shop to open at Battersea Dogs & Cats Home this weekend.
http://www.nme.com/news/morrissey/88350
In addition to Morrissey’s forthcoming shows at London’s Eventim Apollo, his Mporium merchandise store will be opening a Pop Up Shop hosted at Battersea Dogs & Cats Home.
The Pop Up Shop will be open from Friday 18th September until Monday 21st September at 4 Battersea Park Road, London, SW8 4AA
Opening hours are 10.30am until 5pm (last admission 4pm) each day except Monday 21st which will be until 3pm.
Available exclusively at the Pop Up Shop will be a limited amount of Your Arsenal and Vauxhall And I vinyl, signed by Morrissey and accompanied by an engraved, numbered and dated Battersea Dog/Cat tag. 25 of each title will be available on each day of opening and will be strictly limited to one per customer only. Other Morrissey merchandise, exclusive to the pop-up Mporium will also be available to purchase.
Entry to the shop is via the normal £2 donation to Battersea Dogs & Cats Home.

There are evidently factors that mean Morrissey can't find a contract, be that his fault or the fault of the industry. Who knows. There is no tangible link between your half baked grievance with Moz helping out a cause with his ''celebrity'' draw and his lack of a recording contract however.

I know it's to be expected that your posts are usually constructed around massive lapses in logic, but come on...

Lol.

where are you getting your information that proceeds aren't going to the charity?

The body of the main article that says the $2 entry fee goes to the charity but doesn't indicate a portion of the profits go to charity. Then all the obviously insider anonymous posters defending the plan.

it is a sad and troubling commentary to find out that moz will not give the proceeds to this wonderful charity.

the anonymous postive moz posters are probably moz and sam.

well, if celebrityworth.com says so then it must be so, since nobody makes up anything on the internet.

i wonder if moz submitted his financials to that website.
maybe they make it all up, dont you think. if moz had 32 million he could afford a publicist, a manager, and a real website.
and a camera crew.

well, if celebrityworth.com says so then it must be so, since nobody makes up anything on the internet.

i wonder if moz submitted his financials to that website.
maybe they make it all up, dont you think. if moz had 32 million he could afford a publicist, a manager, and a real website.
and a camera crew.

There are a number of sites have a similar figure, anywhere between 22 and 38 usd. What do you reckon he is worth seeing as your quick dismiss this figure?

You might want to check album sales, both Smiths and Morrissey, radio plays ( have you any idea what they get for each airing of a song) publishing rights, tour dates, book sales etc before you give your answer.

You might want to check album sales, both Smiths and Morrissey, radio plays ( have you any idea what they get for each airing of a song) publishing rights, tour dates, book sales etc before you give your answer.

Not to mention investments. My understanding is that Morrissey made most of his millions buying and selling property during the housing boom.

the figures are made up.
very few, certainly not moz, have made any money at all via record sales and publishing in the last ten years both have collapsed. the mighty harry fox agency was sold for a measly 20 million nobody pays on the publishing anymore

the smiths didnt really burn up the charts. they sold very few copies stateside. the real money was in the states not in the uk.

the figure is totally made up.

Look, I'm sorry for being critical of this. I just "see" a lot of "help!" and I feel like I'm trying to help by pointing out how wrong this looks from the point of view of a poor person with discerning brain while having a background in retail. I'm not trying to rip Morrissey a new asshole. I do think he needs to let real PR people do his PR including the merch which it seems he's made a family thing. It's tough to take serious a man and his artistry whose shlepping cheap shit made from China with a 400% markup while he's inside the venue calling out fat fat fat people making the crowd generally feel like shit about what they eat and look like as they exit the theater, "But be sure to spend half-a-day's minimum wage work on a sweatshirt as you leave!" There's a disconnect between the stage show and greedy merch stand. Correct me if I'm wrong and tiny Morrissey-emblazoned nunchucks counter the cost of shipping a barely used gong around the world, I'll shut the f*** up. I just miss the days of ONE tour, ONE shirt to match that tour and maybe a program. Simplicity. Now it's like a BUY BUY BUY COLLECT COLLECT COLLECT circus and the finesse of a beautiful falsetto or subtle lyric change gets lost in the money of it all.

I should just stfu and leave.

There are evidently factors that mean Morrissey can't find a contract, be that his fault or the fault of the industry. Who knows. There is no tangible link between your half baked grievance with Moz helping out a cause with his ''celebrity'' draw and his lack of a recording contract however.

I know it's to be expected that your posts are usually constructed around massive lapses in logic, but come on...

There are a number of sites have a similar figure, anywhere between 22 and 38 usd. What do you reckon he is worth seeing as your quick dismiss this figure?

If my mom gets three cents a year for being a bathing beauty by a pool as an extra in a movie made 50 years ago, Morrissey is likely living very comfortably. It's really none of our business what he makes and can afford to donate, I'm just saying the setup of a cover to see merchandise (like a cover to get into a bar) seems really greedy.

THat's weird, why did it quote both?

His TTY statement under his label tantrum says a portion of the proceeds go to the home. I am wrong. :bow:

Hey Fiona can you PM me Debbie's address at BDCH so I can give her my checking account number to deposit my payola check? :p #hobbylobbyftw #imf***ingkidding

Lol.

The body of the main article that says the $2 entry fee goes to the charity but doesn't indicate a portion of the profits go to charity. Then all the obviously insider anonymous posters defending the plan.

a portion of the profits are going to the charity.

A brilliant morning - an extremely well organised and friendly mpodium Crew made this a lovely experience for those of us who got there early - the 25 sets of vinyl were claimed by fils who arrived by around 930 - I expect that to get earlier from tomorrow. Loads of items which are completely unique to the pop up shop - love the White t shirt with the Battersea design - get there if you can!

Last edited:
A brilliant morning - an extremely well organised and friendly mpodium Crew made this a lovely experience for those of us who got there early - the 25 sets of vinyl were claimed by fils who arrived by around 930 - I expect that to get earlier from tomorrow. Loads of items which are completely unique to the pop up shop - love the White t shirt with the Battersea design - get there if you can!

Will Silly Steven be there ?

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom