Morrissey proves he is the author of the morrisseysworld blog - debate over

In my opinion Morrissey has now proven he is the author of www.morrisseysworld.blogspot.com or at least that he knows the owner, or is trying to make it appear as such.

The proof is now overwhelming:

1 1 He 'pledged' to strip when he had not done so all tour and then what happens? He strips in the next gig!How likely was it that he'd break the habit of his tour? Nobody else thought he'd strip off again. Yet the blog pledged it and he strips off in London 2 days later! This had already proved it in my mind.

2 He wrote on the blog that there would be more clues tonight to 'prove' he is the author of www.morrisseysworld.blogspot.com. Have a look at the comments section on the post where he is shirtless on the magazine cover. He writes:

" Morrissey said...
Last night was beautiful. I thank you all so.

Yes, yes yes - I am me. I truly am.

Even when I pledge to strip to the waist for the first time, and then I do strip to the waist, nobody believes I am me. What more do I have to do? We shall see at the Palladium.

Do you have tickets? I hope so. I hope to see you all again.

My ever-dwindling fan base is all I need. 8 August 2011 04:14"

What happens? He begins his concert with the very words Justin Bieber uses to begin his concerts (!!) - 'Welcome to My World' which Bieber said throughout his 'My World' tour. The blog had featured a review of Bieber's My World live DVD called Never Say Never just a couple of days before!!!!

This is also a reference to the fact the blog is called "Morrissey's World,' hence "welcome to My World.' That's far beyond coincidence! It can't be!

3 Morrissey was the one who advertised the blog and first drew it to our attention by denying it was his out of the blue on true to you. Why did he do this when nobody had even heard of it and it hadn't been linked anywhere? Now it's linked everywhere on the web thanks to Moz!

4 He has not posted a cease and desist order despite his propensity for doing so. Why not?

5 Look at the writing style and irony. It's very Morrissey-like. It's like Morrissey doing a parody of Morrissey.

6 If you look at the content of the blog (moaning about welfare scroungers, moaning about the cost of touring) you will see he has actually begin putting these subjects in his recent interviews

For example the blog has griped about the shocking costs of touring since 2007, and Morrissey mentioned this for the first time in his recent interview where he said he would need to inherit a shipping fortune to tour South America! This actually appears on the blog almost word for word and it's not something you'd really expect Morrissey to say but he did - after the blog complained about the costs for years!!

Morrissey also recently stated the royals are benefit scroungers, which has been a theme of the blog for 2 years and which is not a comment I've ever heard Morrissey make in real life before - remember he was once on the dole himself!

If you all believe the above are coincidences - especially the stripping after the blog makes a big deal about stripping, and also after he opens his show with the precise words that justin bieber uses after posting a long article solely about Justin Bieber's live shows, then you are insane.

I'm not saying Morrissey writes it but it is clear to anyone with a working brain that he at least reads it and wants us to speculate he might be the author or that he knows the author and is conspiring to create these rumours.

Anyone who thinks this is all coincidence is crazy.

I thought when you first posted this evidence that Morrissey probably just read the blog but with Damian Dempsey's email exchange I now believe it is actually Morrissey. I just don't believe there is anybody else who write prose like that, whilst at the same time disguising it under 'layers of irony' on the blog.

It's stranger than fiction. It's becoming one of the central mysteries of the morrissey phenomenon!

I don't get the automatic assumption that because he can (or could) write a good 3 minute song lyric, Morrissey must also be able to write great prose. Where is the evidence for this? The only extended bit of writing I've read of his recently is the liner notes for the re-released Maladjusted, and what a load of bollocks that was.

These ''evidence'' posters are obviously the same person, or all friends.
Check the postcounts, they only have a few posts, and they're all about this blog
I'm assuming they're part of the blog or know someone involved somewhere

I don't get the automatic assumption that because he can (or could) write a good 3 minute song lyric, Morrissey must also be able to write great prose. Where is the evidence for this? The only extended bit of writing I've read of his recently is the liner notes for the re-released Maladjusted, and what a load of bollocks that was.

Exactly! Even I write much better prose than Morrissey does. I'd write better songs, too, if I could be bothered to do so.

Kate Ryan

Numerous examples of him writing at length, such as letters he's sent that have done the rounds online, that story of when he claimed to see a ghost, a few things released on true to you etc.

Your emails posted on here reveal you write like a child with a thesaurus and a copy of the first book she has ever read open at page four, inspired...

Well, the blog makes a firm pledge: to appear in a Justin Bieber t-shirt soon.

Will it happen? My money is on that it will. And even when it does, they won't believe him! And if they don't believe us now, will they ever?

Whoever is writing that needs to start editing themselves. The posts get longer and longer, and less and less funny with each passing entry.

Although the bit about Vic Reeves being a moderator here was... interesting. Which one of you is it?

Whoever is writing that needs to start editing themselves. The posts get longer and longer, and less and less funny with each passing entry.

Although the bit about Vic Reeves being a moderator here was... interesting. Which one of you is it?

I admit it.. it's me.

Your emails posted on here reveal you write like a child with a thesaurus and a copy of the first book she has ever read open at page four, inspired...

Well, the blog makes a firm pledge: to appear in a Justin Bieber t-shirt soon.

Will it happen? My money is on that it will. And even when it does, they won't believe him! And if they don't believe us now, will they ever?

Morrissey, how can you find fault with my writing? Your first sentence was entirely devoid of punctuation, save the full stop.

All of your clues are ever so tiresome. Who the f*** wants to even think about Justin Beiber? Why not just put out another dull statement on TTY, the crap site you're so fond of? Get on with it old chap, because your meagre twenty-eight followers could be halved. You care about the rubbish blog, I cared but, really, does anybody else?

Kate Ryan

Last edited:
Morrissey, how can you find fault with my writing? Your first sentence was entirely devoid of punctuation, save the full stop.

All of your clues are ever so tiresome. Who the f*** wants to even think about Justin Beiber? Why not just put out another dull statement on TTY, the crap site you're so fond of? Get on with it old chap, because your meagre twenty-eight followers could be halved. You care about the rubbish blog, I cared but, really, does anybody else?

Kate Ryan

You are strange. Do you like Morrissey or not?

Crystal, I know I'm strange. The best people are. Of course I like Morrissey's music but this whole blog business is farcical. It's made me a bit frustrated, that's all. I've cooled off considerably, though. The subject interests me no longer.

Kate Ryan

Crystal, I know I'm strange. The best people are. Of course I like Morrissey's music but this whole blog business is farcical. It's made me a bit frustrated, that's all. I've cooled off considerably, though. The subject interests me no longer.

Kate Ryan

I'll be honest, I didn't read all of your threads and emails, but I was wondering what you are so desperate to communicate to Morrissey? Unless it's super personal...

Back
Top Bottom