@ Morrissey: Release a new album please

Jesus Christ doh:

if Morrissey listened
to his fans he’d still be on stage wearing spectacles and waving gladioli above his head and wearing a hearing aid and women’s blouse tops.

he’s got to keep it exciting for himself. if his fans will enjoy it.. i’m sure that concern comes to him second or possibly third, if ever.

:cool:
Your point is?

That was hardly his fault. I am sure there were plans for more touring, never to materialize. Anyway, I was fortunate enough to see him this year and hear a couple of the new songs live. And that was the last concert of the year for me. So for me, the album brings back memories of happier times and it was a loyal companion to help me through the first lockdown. So I am happy with it. But as others pointed out, the lack of promotion, singles and airplay were a real bummer which are giving the album a lower profile and that is a pity. I wish he had released this album in 2017 instead of LIHS.
I was lucky enough to be at both Leeds & London and Jim Jim Falls & Once I Saw The River Clean were excellant. Both songs were very well received by the fans too. Usually there is a bounce on sales of a new album when it's toured so lack of gigs at that time hasn't helped it's profile at all.

Nah, of course he thinks about sales but he does things on his own terms, he’s going to make the record he wants to make, it was his decision to go in the direction he did with the last album. And he should be proud of it.
I'm certain he's proud of his whole discography and so he should be.

I was lucky enough to be at both Leeds & London and Jim Jim Falls & Once I Saw The River Clean were excellant. Both songs were very well received by the fans too. Usually there is a bounce on sales of a new album when it's toured so lack of gigs at that time hasn't helped it's profile at all.

Touring the album would have boosted its profile and perhaps have translated in higher sales. But that would apply to mother artists as well. They have all been prevented from touring their new work.

Releasing IANADOAC at the beginning of the pandemic when shops were closed or when people were just preoccupied with other things didn't really help either, and many artists actually postponed their releases.

Touring the album would have boosted its profile and perhaps have translated in higher sales. But that would apply to mother artists as well. They have all been prevented from touring their new work.

Releasing IANADOAC at the beginning of the pandemic when shops were closed or when people were just preoccupied with other things didn't really help either, and many artists actually postponed their releases.
Touring tends to make very little difference to sales unless its a new band. It was the radio boycott and all the far-right bad vibes that led to the unprecedented commercial collapse.

He needs a new record label first. What's the latest on that? Any news?

Back
Top Bottom