Morrissey Replacing Nine Inch Nails at Riot Fest in Chicago (September 16, 2021)

Riot-Fest.jpeg

https://consequence.net/2021/08/mor...PVNVOwcgexkmVXdK4DfaLZ-SLXMNHWtNuTuvKy81eWE7A

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. The promoters wanna sell tickets to an event for which their financially responsible. …and these are the people telling them to go eat a bag ‘o dicks.

Do try to keep up, Gordo.
newbie alert.

Is this the first time he's tried to 'curate ' a festival since he became known as a campaigner for the far-right? If so, best of luck!
I imagine his choices will include people “who will prove“ he isn’t a far right supporter.

It's interesting that he's still getting festival bookings in the US, when I suspect he'd get bottled off the stage and chased up the nearest tree at any UK festival. I don't think word that he's been cancelled has reached all territories yet, despite that Simpsons episode. Intrigued to see how these shows go down.

It's interesting that he's still getting festival bookings in the US, when I suspect he'd get bottled off the stage and chased up the nearest tree at any UK festival. I don't think word that he's been cancelled has reached all territories yet, despite that Simpsons episode. Intrigued to see how these shows go down.

I don't think he's been cancelled anywhere outside of the UK. In the UK there's been an impact because most of his daft comments were UK focussed but he hasn't been completely cancelled here.

I don't think he's been cancelled anywhere outside of the UK. In the UK there's been an impact because most of his daft comments were UK focussed but he hasn't been completely cancelled here.
Yes, although I agree with the Anon poster: impossible to imagine him being on any kind of festival bill here in the UK, moving forward - unless it's his own curated 1-day thing, but even then any bands that appeared on his bill would be mercilessly hounded on Twitter, the Guardian, etc. His audience has definitely shrunk in the US too due to his comments (see any articles on Pitchfork, Stereogum, Brooklyn Vegan) but you're right, not to the same extent - so far...

Morrissey was still able to play shows in the Uk right up to shut correct so people seem to still want to see him. Here in the u.s it’s a particular type of person I’ve encountered who angry at morrissey and I’m not sure if it’s anything other than superficial

Morrissey was still able to play shows in the Uk right up to shut correct so people seem to still want to see him. Here in the u.s it’s a particular type of person I’ve encountered who angry at morrissey and I’m not sure if it’s anything other than superficial

It's good to have him on a separate night, lessens his exposure to any potential negative situations. Not sure how it's going to go at Cruel World Festival, where he will definitely be playing to some unfriendly audience members.

As far as I’m concerned, Morrissey has always been ‘canceled’. That’s
what attracted me, and I’m sure others, to him.

:thumb:

Yes, although I agree with the Anon poster: impossible to imagine him being on any kind of festival bill here in the UK, moving forward - unless it's his own curated 1-day thing, but even then any bands that appeared on his bill would be mercilessly hounded on Twitter, the Guardian, etc. His audience has definitely shrunk in the US too due to his comments (see any articles on Pitchfork, Stereogum, Brooklyn Vegan) but you're right, not to the same extent - so far...

Guardian would likely ignore him or be mutedly ok. Bits of social media are still grim, but it's getting kind of pathetic.

I don't think he's ever going to do press again, so that'll keep his reputation withering until someone decides to lead a revival...

I'd just book the festivals & be damned.

“When you storm through a walk, hold your head up high ....”

:cool:

Guardian would likely ignore him or be mutedly ok. Bits of social media are still grim, but it's getting kind of pathetic.

I don't think he's ever going to do press again, so that'll keep his reputation withering until someone decides to lead a revival...

I'd just book the festivals & be damned.

Hate to burst your bubble, but MozZz won’t make it out of Vegas. The sight of masked fans and the requirement of vaxx cards for entry into the venue will ensure he ends it all in Sin City.
There's NOTHING wrong with having to prove that folks have been twice vaccinated.

Only an idiot, with no knowledge of science or health whatsoever, would EVER say otherwise.

Hazard

Idiot. No one gets bottled off the stage anymore as it's not 1973...
Hazard

“Nine Inch Nails have canceled their scheduled 2021 shows due to rising Covid-19 cases, the band announced in a statement on Thursday.”

It is with great regret that we are cancelling all NIN appearances for the remainder of this year,” the band wrote. “When originally planned, these shows were intended to be a cathartic and celebratory return to live music. However, with each passing day it’s becoming more apparent we’re not at that place yet. We are sorry for any inconvenience or disappointment and look forward to seeing you again when the time is right.”

As much as I’m excited about Morrissey’s shows, and Vegas just around the corner! And Morrissey is not the only one going on with shows. I think Trent made a wise decision. Wonder if some of his fans will call him a ‘pussy’ for it.

So good to hear that Morrissey will be playing the Music Festival in Chicago.

I wish i could attend.

I love Morrissey and music festivals! :highfive:

Who do you think Moz will have as his "special guests?" This is very cool news.
Sack. Suede. Gene (reformed for one day). The The. Simon Gallup ex-Cure bass duet with Peter Hook. Encore of Interlude as Siouxsie throws scented stones at Moz.

For the endlessly pedantic: yes I KNOW Roz slagged off Moz. The list above is a dream list. I know it would/could never happen.

Last edited:
Sack. Suede. Gene (reformed for one day). The The. Simon Gallup ex-Cure bass duet with Peter Hook. Encore of Interlude as Siouxsie throws scented stones at Moz.
Gene??? Where have you been the past few years? Martin Rossiter HATES Morrissey over his ‘racist views’ and has not been shy about slagging Moz off at every opportunity!

“Nine Inch Nails have canceled their scheduled 2021 shows due to rising Covid-19 cases, the band announced in a statement on Thursday.”

It is with great regret that we are cancelling all NIN appearances for the remainder of this year,” the band wrote. “When originally planned, these shows were intended to be a cathartic and celebratory return to live music. However, with each passing day it’s becoming more apparent we’re not at that place yet. We are sorry for any inconvenience or disappointment and look forward to seeing you again when the time is right.”

As much as I’m excited about Morrissey’s shows, and Vegas just around the corner! And Morrissey is not the only one going on with shows. I think Trent made a wise decision. Wonder if some of his fans will call him a ‘pussy’ for it.

Why would anyone call him a "pussy" for his decision? His choice should be respected just as Morrissey's choice to play should.

It may not be the best time, but Morrissey's band is ready and so is him right after the Vegas shows.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom