Morrissey sells signed other peoples albums - NME, Louder Than War, Consequence of Sound

So he's now signing albums by other artists and sells them at 300 dollars apiece at his concerts.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/morrissey-signed-bunch-artists-albums-hes-selling-2561658

I can't decide who we should be more worried about: Morrissey or the people who actually buy these.

Also:

Weird merch : Morrissey selling classic albums by other people that he has autographed on his merch stall - Louder Than War. Link posted by Famous when dead.

Morrissey is signing other artists’ albums and selling them for $300 at shows - Consequence of Sound. Link posted by an anonymous person.

UPDATE Oct. 29:

Link from shoplifterromo:

Why Is Morrissey Like This? - SPIN

Last edited by a moderator:
I have coveted and sworn by Morrissey's top 10 Albums lists for going on four decades. More than any others.
Only Morrissey gets a pass for this. Just my opinion. The Jobriaths should be 500.

An expensive ‘scribble’ that’s worth it’s weight in gold, at least $300 worth.

And hey, you get a free record thrown in for free! maybe one that you’ve only just heard of, but after a listen it may change your life, and by doing so you may look into other records by this under appreciated artist.

Thank Morrissey later for turning you on to it.
I know. Such obscure artists he chose.
Jayzus...

You Skinny pseudonyms are boycotting all Moz activity so you wont even have to see the 300 dollar albums so why are you all worked up over Moz making some mega dough?:thumb: you want him to be miserable and poor like you pseuds. Not happening.:thumb:

Nobody has to buy and if they do buy, the are peeps who are GOING to a Moz show against Skinny strict instructions so they must be deserving of being fleeced?:lbf:
Skinny this, skinny that, skinny penis in your pants.
Obsess much?
Nt8Y5WPZSqEE.jpg

if the proceeds were going to charity we wouldnt be calling it "his" money--it would be the charity's money. what he does with "his" money is not really the point. If he's giving the money to charity you would think there would be a sign saying that the sale of the records would go to charity since im sure the people who would buy one of these records would consider it an added bonus if they knew the money was going to charity, and it would be an added incentive for more people to buy them (and since we do know that there are causes he feels rather strongly about you would think he would consider it an added bonus too). by the time it becomes morrisseys money, I really don't see what it matters whether he gives it to charity or buys a 1200 cardigan with it as that's his business.

Well yes of course, but we don’t know if it’s going to charity or not. So we could say it’s the buyers money, then it’s Morrissey’s money, and if he chooses to, then it will become the charities money.

As far as I can remember he rarely goes out of his way to publicize his acts of charity, guess he feels it’s not a good look for him.

And he rarely does what is expected of him.

Yes it is his business what he does with his money, it’s funny that people here are trying to make it their business.

But really rifke, are you going over to the dark side of the force? Please don’t say it’s true. :confused::(

Well yes of course, but we don’t know if it’s going to charity or not. So we could say it’s the buyers money, then it’s Morrissey’s money, and if he chooses to, then it will become the charities money.

As far as I can remember he rarely goes out of his way to publicize his acts of charity, guess he feels it’s not a good look for him.

Yes it is his business what he does with his money, it’s funny that people here are trying to make it their business.

But really rifke, are you going over to the dark side of the force? Please don’t say it’s true. :confused::(

oh no, I still love my mozbunny. sometimes his actions give me pause that's all. it's part of the healthy relationship i have with him that I sometimes have to say "what the hell are you thinking mozzer?!?!". at the end of the day my love for him always remains. <3

These are standard, "Rolling Stone best albums of all-time" canonized baby boomer records, dude.

Agree, never said they were obscure. But still you’d be surprised by how many may have heard of them or read about them in many lists but never actually took the time to listen to them, especially younger generations that may be questioning why Morrissey would be picking out these particular artists to sign, in turn it may pique their interest in them.

And I'm sure he got permission from Patti & Iggy along with Reed's and Bowie's estates before he did this! This is just tacky and absurd.

And I'm sure he got permission from Patti & Iggy along with Reed's and Bowie's estates before he did this! This is just tacky and absurd.

Iggy started punk so that people learn to follow the rules. This will piss him off.

Considering that his latest album is just glorified karaoke, going from singing other people's records to signing them is the logical next step for Morrissey. For all his recent complaints about the say-nothing quality of modern pop music, I wonder how he thinks that his cover versions of fifty-year-old songs really add anything to the cultural discourse. I do hope that BMG doesn't sit on the completed album of new material and releases it early next year, because the whole California Son era has been a waste of time for an artist who -- like the rest of us -- isn't getting any younger.

You claim to be bored yet you're always ready with a recent quote.

I must admit when I saw it I knew I’d have to use it because you’re so f***en thick you wouldn’t even realise the irony of you complaining about someone stalking you around these boards :lbf:

I have one other I’m itching to use because I know you’ll stalk me again in the future, nothing more certain.

After that I’m out of ammo Dave :lbf:

Anyhoo keep hitting that troll button on all of my posts as you keep busting a gasket in omnipresent rage :lbf::lbf::kissingheart::kissingheart::kissingheart:

Good for them, now they finally might make a little cash from their merch stand :lbf:

and give their fans some great music for a change.

:D

They're quite popular in the UK and they managed to sell out Castlefield Bowl - the place that Morrissey cancelled due to shit ticket sales.

Last edited:

But really rifke, are you going over to the dark side of the force? Please don’t say it’s true.

"And he rarely does what is expected of him."

For much of his career, had you bothered to follow it, Morrissey did more or less what was expected of him.

Where the shock kicked in is when he openly supported right-wing political parties, and worse, made unabashed racist statements. The cat was then truly out of the bag. There was no wiggle room for "Oh, I think he meant ..." or "He's been misquoted" or "He's been misinterpreted".

Support Morrissey all you wish but in doing so - let's be clear - you are indirectly/directly supporting racism. Stop with the pretence and pitiful excuses.
Take some responsibility for your decision.

An incredible number of UK fans have made their stance. They have sent their message to Morrissey. Loyal fans of 30 years standing. Fans with in excess of 100 shows as memories. What the actual number of fans is remains in question. However as he was unable to sell out a single UK venue on his last attempt are you saying all those fans are stupid? Are you saying thousands of people don't know racism when they hear it.

This site is a testament to Morrissey's racism. Just look at what can now be posted, and widely accepted, by his current 'fan-base'. Morrissey has created a space for these racist hatemongers to peddle their wares and they peddle with hateful fury.

The unexpected thing for Morrissey to do is to apologise for his statements and his support of those oppressive right wing political parties. He won't, of course, because he has your blessing to be the racist Morrissey.

‘So he's now signing albums by other artists ...’

Morrissey is having a giggle as he rightly knows this first and pioneering
move will befuddle and irritate many who after all never understood him in the first place.

Many of us understood him since 1983. He has completely lost the plot! He is totally unrecognizable, even by his former band mates. There is nothing original or funny about making money with the work made by others. Personally, it doesn't makes me angry, it makes me laugh about how pathetic he is becoming. Someone should sue him for that, it doesn't look legal either!

has anyone ever noticed how morrisseys arms from shoulder to elbow are quite short, and are long from elbow to wrist? I always notice that. he has very nice arms though. it's kind of like when the legs of a person are longer from knee to ankle then from crotch to knee. it looks better.

No, I think they are just standard 'arms'

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom