Morrissey signed to Rupture Records in France, new album ready for release?

Mr. L writes:

Great news!

I just wanted to let you know that Morrissey has signed a new record deal with Rupture Records, a small French Label (also a communication agency and an about-to-open vinyl record store in Paris).

The deal is surprisingly modest, but I was told that the album was fully ready and recorded, and the design aspects are complete.

Oh joy, more Jesse Tobias compositions.

Said No One Ever.

Garbage composer. Clueless guitarist.

#WorstThingToEverHappenToMorrisseysMusic

I reckon the only thing Morrissey is hunting for right now is marinara sauce, chocolate chip cookies, Corona beer, and Louis Vuitton shirts at the Beverly Center.

I imagine the songs have probably already been recorded previously, or at the very least- are old enough and rehearsed enough that recording will be a short process. As to whether there is any truth to this, time will tell.
I mean, it isn't like he could just go out and tour the same set with minor variations here and there for years on end, right?

Right?

Well he could always just add new songs to the set list without recording as he's done it before. I just find it hard to believe that's he's booked a studio and hired a producer without anyone anywhere leaking mention of it. Not saying it's impossible but i find it very unlikely. I would imagine that if true it would be on tty

15 years experience - and only the vaguest reference to their company anywhere - does anyone possess a record on this mysterious label? I appreciate people linking to information, but this just makes it more vague (especially 5 days after a fake festival - also in a foreign language).
For the 3rd time: I'm happy to be wrong.
FWD.
Well, that's true, nothing seems too believable. But as someone already said, time will tell.

Hi guys,

I was the one sending the news. I frankly believe the source is quite reliable because my business partner is a close friend of the founder of the label. All the details given were credible and not likely to be blabber, for none of them is even fond of Morrissey nor the Smiths.

As a label, they have no web presence whatsoever, and I believe they don't want any, only a channel on Vimeo for their communication business. Here's an article (in French) about the shop they're about to open. I know the owners and the PR but they couldn't confirm anything besides the shop. French people will notice how they're anything but mainstream, they're more like alt-indie-arty-hipsterish...
http://www.strategies.fr/actualites...ture-un-concept-store-dedie-a-la-musique.html

Now if everything turns out to be true, with all the skepticism on one side and the hardcore fans on the other, I just think that Rupture just didn't know what sh*t they got into by signing Morrissey. Regardless Moz's own sh*t to manage.
This 'label' describes itself as a '360' - coincidentally the type he just ditched / left. This type of label is the antithesis of Moz:
"A traditional recording agreement only provides an income stream for the label from record sales. But similar to the traditional recording agreement, under the 360 deal the label acquires the copyrights in the artist’s recordings and options for multiple albums. The 360 deal also usually includes all the same deductions from record royalties as the traditional deal, including producer royalties and reductions for packaging, “net sales,” foreign sales, midprice and budget records, and even “new technology.” (originally applied to CD royalties and now to digital sales)."
http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2013/07/02/threesixty/
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
More wet blankets for the pile...

Supposing this turns out to be legitimate, the fact that the label is apparently against building a strong web presence doesn't exactly bode well for their promotional prowess, and we know how well things turn out when Morrissey thinks he hasn't been well-promoted by a label.

The 360 model spells doom as well.

just to be contrary I'm say its legit,,,pointless us all being right.

"My only is I'm hopeless, I'm hopeless, so hopeless..."

Hypothetically, Boz could have produced it, but the 360 deal really doesn't seem like something Morrissey would go for.

If true, the 'fully recorded album' will turn out to be either:

1) The live album Boz promised us, which has so far failed to appear.
2) The 'World Peace' reissue TTY has promised, which has so far failed to appear.

Morrissey has been consistent in refusing to sign with 1)anyone who isn't a major label 2)any 360 degree deals. Why change now? He hasn't.

If true, the 'fully recorded album' will turn out to be either:

1) The live album Boz promised us, which has so far failed to appear.
2) The 'World Peace' reissue TTY has promised, which has so far failed to appear.

I don't remember Boz "promising" us the live album - it turned up on his Facebook page from the engineer/studio owner that he was mixing or mastering a "new Morrissey live album" - honestly, I believe this was the audio from one of the live shows that ended up on SER's YouTube page.

I believe a lot of this came from the 'more than two albums worth' of new songs mentioned when WPINOYB was so quickly produced.
Regards,
FWD.

I really really hope this is true, I always felt we were short Moz records, especially going from 1997 to 2004 with no releases.

If it were true, as it was in the early 2000's would Moz have been playing some new tunes at these shows in 2016? All year long, same 25 songs... nothing new, just a few covers. ?? :)

Recorded already makes it sound false. I don't believe this post at all. If Moz was at least signed let alone recording a new album it would've been on TTY ages ago. He just finished a world tour for god's sake.

Recorded already makes it sound false. I don't believe this post at all. If Moz was at least signed let alone recording a new album it would've been on TTY ages ago. He just finished a world tour for god's sake.

Oh for god's sake marred-arse :rolleyes: He did NOT finish his world tour ! For Gods sake he just cancelled his world tour :guitar:. CANCELLED !:head-smack: CANCELLED ! :head-smack:CANCELLED !:head-smack:
Cancel is his middle name.

Marred-arse > :flamethrow:< Benny the Bot Terminator

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Just maybe an analog poster campaign and vinyl-in-record-shop approach will work. God knows it's the only approach Moz has any love for.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom