Morrissey support for popular movements

I know Morrissey made a statement in support of Pussy Riot in Russia. And that he sang "only Yellow Vests accept my love". What are some other movements that Morrissey has voiced his support for?
After doing some risørtsj, I can only find articles regarding Johnny Marr (the guitarist of The Smiths) supporting Pussy Riot (the famous Russian punk band) and not Morrissey. So that was a false memory on my half.

After doing some risørtsj, I can only find articles regarding Johnny Marr (the guitarist of The Smiths) supporting Pussy Riot (the famous Russian punk band) and not Morrissey. So that was a false memory on my half.

He indirectly supported Pussy Riot by comparing their treatment to an anti-Thatcher campaign he was supporting in 2013. They're the feminist punk band.

“Whilst the BBC tut-tut-tutted a polite disapproval at the Russian government for sending a feminist punk band to prison for recording an anti-government song, they engage in identical intolerance against ‘Ding-Dong! The Witch Is Dead’ without a second’s hesitation.”

Let’s not forget he supported the Glam Rock movement, in his way.

:cool:

Back
Top Bottom