Morrissey Swedish "tour"

Re: What to bring -what to wear?

It's a tradition to bring Plopp to the Swedish gigs.

:)
Good idea, but I've got an even better one! I've been so uptight in my brain about this...Spettekaka!!! "Spiiidekuaga!"

Not a chance in hell he has ever tried the spettekaka. It tasts like shit but it's the thought that counts.
I shall dress up as Edvard Persson as well!
problem solved!

Nice one! Well I guess I'm going to Sweden now.
I guess the best way for UK customers is to use the email ticket system?
pick up at box office is alos, anoption, isnt it?

And don't bring anything.
well i think a nice record is a def nice present which comes in handy for a music obsessive like him..or a film/book?
as long as you dont throw a wedding ring or your underwear on stage its a good idea..:p

Last edited:

Good idea, but I've got an even better one! I've been so uptight in my brain about this...Spettekaka!!! "Spiiidekuaga!"

Not a chance in hell he has ever tried the spettekaka. It tasts like shit but it's the thought that counts.
I shall dress up as Edvard Persson as well!
problem solved!

Spettekaka is evil, I've never tried it (I'm not from Skåne allthough I'm living there right now), but I know it's evil. I like the Edvard Persson idea better.

The Plopp tradition is really strong (it peaked in Karlstad '06). We were some Swedes who (independet of each other) who brought Plopp with us to the Roundhouse gigs last year.

Spettekaka is evil, I've never tried it (I'm not from Skåne allthough I'm living there right now), but I know it's evil. I like the Edvard Persson idea better.

The Plopp tradition is really strong (it peaked in Karlstad '06). We were some Swedes who (independet of each other) who brought Plopp with us to the Roundhouse gigs last year.
How could it be mean?
But, Plopp it is then. I have some connections in the chocolate industri.

Where in Skåne?

Pluggar du i Lund?

pick up at box office is alos, anoption, isnt it?

well i think a nice record is a def nice present which comes in handy for a music obsessive like him..or a film/book?
as long as you dont throw a wedding ring or your underwear on stage its a good idea..:p

For a split second I thought it said, bring him a Def present, which really surprised me. Def in my world being short for Def Leppard! :D

And don't bring anything. Only the ultra-mental obsessives bring stuff to gigs for him. You think you're brilliant, 2000 other people are thinking, "What a twat"say.
For a split second I thought it said, bring him a Def present, which really surprised me. Def in my world being short for Def Leppard! :D
joey had handed him a lp out yesterday in ny and i dont think anbody thought bad of him cause of that...i dont see the point really...why NOT bring a nice rare record?
.i onyly dont do irt because im always short of money and i wont be near enough to the stage to give him an lp or cd or whatever...

Last edited:
I bought a ticket to the concert in Gothenburg two weeks ago... But after reading this thread I decided I have to see him in Borås too. Soo...just bought a ticket :D Weird it's not sold out yet though, since it's just 1800 tickets :confused:

so, if i go to oslo this summer to see my family i will definately go to the show there. and, since i'm there, i may as well go to at least ONE of the Sweden shows. i see that neither boras nor gothenburg are sold out. i have a question about gothenburg. is it general admission plus some seating? or all general admission (all standing)?

most likely i will just go to oslo then over to gothenburg. i've never traveled from oslo to another city by public transportation. what would be the best travel plan to get from oslo to gothenburg? i'd want to plan it out so i can get in line early to be up front.

so, if i go to oslo this summer to see my family i will definately go to the show there. and, since i'm there, i may as well go to at least ONE of the Sweden shows. i see that neither boras nor gothenburg are sold out. i have a question about gothenburg. is it general admission plus some seating? or all general admission (all standing)?

most likely i will just go to oslo then over to gothenburg. i've never traveled from oslo to another city by public transportation. what would be the best travel plan to get from oslo to gothenburg? i'd want to plan it out so i can get in line early to be up front.

1. There's both standing and seated tickets. Chose "Ståplats" for standing. "Läktare A" etc means "Balcony A".

2. I'd recommend train, but remember to get a reserved seat. Those trains can be pretty packed, especially the last hour of the ride. The bus is pretty cheap (think it's only like 69 SEK if you get your ticket early) but it takes a while plus they're packed and warm.

Here's a picture of the venue (note the low stage:):
argot1031lih.gif

1. There's both standing and seated tickets. Chose "Ståplats" for standing. "Läktare A" etc means "Balcony A".

2. I'd recommend train, but remember to get a reserved seat. Those trains can be pretty packed, especially the last hour of the ride. The bus is pretty cheap (think it's only like 69 SEK if you get your ticket early) but it takes a while plus they're packed and warm.

Here's a picture of the venue (note the low stage:):
argot1031lih.gif
thank you very much!

Yeah so i'm definately going to norway and i know i won't be able to resist missing gothenburg afterwards. when and where do you suggest booking a train? and do you know where the best place to look for cheap hotel reservation would be?

I have a ticket for Gothenburg that I ordered online. I can't go and you are welcome to it if you want? The only thing is that it has my name on it, not sure if this is a problem?

thank you very much!

Yeah so i'm definately going to norway and i know i won't be able to resist missing gothenburg afterwards. when and where do you suggest booking a train? and do you know where the best place to look for cheap hotel reservation would be?

For train tickets there's www.sj.com (Swedish) or www.nsb.no (Norwegian). The main difference is that NSB got direct trains but then they're more expensive (cheapest SJ: 90 SEK, cheapest NSB: 199 NOK). If you go with SJ you'll probably have to change train once but should be at a small station so it shouldn't be a problem. It'll probably take about 4 hours but there's some trains that take like 7 hours, avoid them.

Don't know about hotels in Gbg since I never have need to stay at one there but after a brief check on the internet the cheapest I've found was from 795 SEK a night. The hostels are much cheaper, like 200-500 SEK per night.

Lisebergshallen are maybe a 20-30 walk from the central station and many trams go by Liseberg (it's a part of an theme park so it's easy to find).

For train tickets there's www.sj.com (Swedish) or www.nsb.no (Norwegian). The main difference is that NSB got direct trains but then they're more expensive (cheapest SJ: 90 SEK, cheapest NSB: 199 NOK). If you go with SJ you'll probably have to change train once but should be at a small station so it shouldn't be a problem. It'll probably take about 4 hours but there's some trains that take like 7 hours, avoid them.

Don't know about hotels in Gbg since I never have need to stay at one there but after a brief check on the internet the cheapest I've found was from 795 SEK a night. The hostels are much cheaper, like 200-500 SEK per night.

Lisebergshallen are maybe a 20-30 walk from the central station and many trams go by Liseberg (it's a part of an theme park so it's easy to find).

Thanks a lot for your help. I will probably stay at a hostel because i need to save the money and then I won't feel as bad if I end up taking taxis to and from places if i need to (I don't like to walk around on my own at night time, no matter where I am). Yay, so excited to finally see the man in another country.

Thanks a lot for your help. I will probably stay at a hostel because i need to save the money and then I won't feel as bad if I end up taking taxis to and from places if i need to (I don't like to walk around on my own at night time, no matter where I am). Yay, so excited to finally see the man in another country.

If you're in central GBG communications should be no problem. Atleast not before 02.00. Taxis are something like 500+ SEK per hour so it ain't cheap.

Tags
2009 kulspruta stockholm sweden
Back
Top Bottom