Morrissey t-shirt with the queen in 2015 tour merchandise / @morrisseygang image

Re: Morrissey tshirt with the queen "The more you ignore me, the closer I get"

Take them to the cleaners. It's your work, you made it clear your terms, and if what you say is accurate, they've ridden rough-shod over your wishes. If you need legal advice, let me know, I'm married to a lawyer.

P.

*EDIT* I note it's not exactly the same image. There's a different queen. Hmm. Not sure. I'll ask for you. But I would have thought that there's a clear line of communication, they took your idea, they are making money from it, and you are not.

Last edited:
Moz is a public figure too, and this would fail under Fair Use and parody. Obvioulsy Moz did not have any problem with the original image because you know he would have sent a cease and desist, which is what I would do right now if I was MorrisseyGang. No, it would not flatter me to be stolen from, not even by Moz. And it's not the first time he's done it.

Moz and this thugs are thieves, plain and simple.

We have a difference of opinion. I'd rather look at the bright side. A stack of shirts and an autograph beats the hell out of a few dollars.

Just because the Queen is a 'public figure' doesn't mean that the image used for this shirt is automatically in the public domain. The copyright will lie in the possession of the photographer who took that particular picture. Maybe 'team Moz' licensed the picture, though I suspect they just swiped it from the internet and hoped no-one would notice.

Are you Brits really going to buy the T-shirt where naked Morrissey is putting his hand over your old lady president's mouth?

The Bullfighter dies T-shirt is awesome.

We have a difference of opinion. I'd rather look at the bright side. A stack of shirts and an autograph beats the hell out of a few dollars.

An autograph? Are you 12 years old?

Your image is different to his. Morrissey owns his photo and the queen's is in the public domain. The only legal action that could take place is the Royal Family VS Morrissey, Royal Family VS Morrissey Gang. Morrissey liked your image and put it on TTY and your concept got put onto a T-shirt, one of the highest honours any Moz fan could get!

Wow, talk about Talent Borrows, Genius Steals.

They may have cobbled together some images from here and there, but the concept was YOURS.

Next time, rather than giving them some sentimental bullshit about how long it took you and how you put all your heart and soul into it, either calculate each hour you spent into the project and attach a monetary amount based on the market rate or determine a flat fee.

And YOU will be ready next time when they ask you how much. Good luck to you in the future. I like your work better than what they did. You are very talented. Don't let this experience get you down.

MorrisseyGang, your collage is great, but Mporium didn't use it. They made their own design. The only concept lifted from your design is Mozzer's hand over the Queen's mouth. Yes, I think you deserve something for that idea alone, but I have a hunch Sean Preston was turned off by your negotiating style. Did you send Preston a high resolution file and an offer to sell as he requested or did you give an evasive response instead?

Mr. Preston, if you are out there. I have a really good merchandise idea for Mporium and will only ask a nominal fee. Contact me through my blog:
vegantownusa.wordpress.com

Thanks. :)

Thanks guys I really appreciate all the feedback. Although these two images were not mine to begin with, I did put a lot of time and effort into creating them. A simple "We love your work and would love to see it on a shirt" would have sufficed for me. I have listened to his music for over twenty years and will continue to do so. Im sure with his busy schedule and all the demands he has in his life he was not involved in this. AS for the stealing of images, hey I took them too too make what is now a cool tshirt... but here is one image that they cant steal because I took it myself.. enjoy...
untitled-by-amadorscarlett

Really? or could Morrissey claim his image was used without his consent and therefore sue?

The problem with this argument is that not even two weeks ago, Morrissey shared the original artwork/concept with the world on his officially sanctioned website as a great fan-made "Internet Image."

He didn't seem to have an issue with his image being used then.

The problem with this argument is that not even two weeks ago, Morrissey shared the original artwork/concept with the world on his officially sanctioned website as a great fan-made "Internet Image."

He didn't seem to have an issue with his image being used then.

Because:money

I dont know how I would have turned him off if I asked him what he wanted to offer.. I didn't even quote a price. I didnt send the file because he never responded. I got his name wrong.. his name is Stuart Preston..

- - - Updated - - -

MorrisseyGang, your collage is great, but Mporium didn't use it. They made their own design. The only concept lifted from your design is Mozzer's hand over the Queen's mouth. Yes, I think you deserve something for that idea alone, but I have a hunch Sean Preston was turned off by your negotiating style. Did you send Preston a high resolution file and an offer to sell as he requested or did you give an evasive response instead?

Mr. Preston, if you are out there. I have a really good merchandise idea for Mporium and will only ask a nominal fee. Contact me through my blog:
vegantownusa.wordpress.com

Thanks. :)

I dont know how I would have turned him off if I asked him what he wanted to offer.. I didn't even quote a price. I didnt send the file because he never responded. I got his name wrong.. his name is Stuart Preston..

Perhaps this mess was a big misunderstanding. Stuart may have thought you were being an ass when perhaps you were only being naive. In the interests of fairness, perhaps Stuart should just send you $100 as a thank you for your idea. :)

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder what would happen if morrissey and Queen were in a room togheter
Probably alot of shouting, spitting only to end with some passionate kissing.
Bad rom-com style :thumb:

Morrisseygang, can u send me a photo of yourself? I want to photoshop Morrissey with his hand covering your leech mouth. ( Mr Preston please contact me asap)

The band wore the shirts.. How exciting!!

There is something off about all of this. I really don't want to have anything to do with this anymore.

Two old queens on one T-shirt. That's a bit of a bargain, really.

Tags
mfl morrissey mporium the queen tshirt

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom