Morrissey to headline Roxy Festival in Guadalajara, Mexico?

Morrissey visitaría México este año - Indie Hoy

Google Translate to English excerpt:

Morrissey to visit Mexico this year
By Rodrigo Piedra
1/11/2017

This afternoon , the line-up of a new festival to be held in Guadalajara, Mexico, filtered called Roxy . This festival would be headed by Morrissey , Placebo and Smash Mouth .

Beyond this image, which was also shared by the portal Noisey, not much more is known: no dates, no venue, no other artists, but already leaves the door open to hopefully with a new visit from English to the rest of the continent . The former Smiths last visit was in December 2015 when he presented world peace is none of your business .

39544_roxy-festival.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I reckon Uncle Steve would not share a billing with "smash mouth". I reckon Uncle Steve said he would never tour Mexico again, but he also said he would never tour "the uk" again.

Is this before the wall gets built or after ?
Is it a fundraiser to fund the wall ?
Roxy wall aid sounds cool

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

What's the story behind Morrissey's boycott of Mexico? I've seen someone mention that before but internet searches weren't helpful in finding anything on the subject.

Hopefully it is true but I'm waiting for the 'MORRISSEY has NOT agreed to this, blahblah blah' from TTY.
Whatever concerts Moz does next he needs to showcase some of his new songs. I feel like time is running out, which would be a pity as I am sure he has a few great records left in him. I think it's time for a band change too but that will never happen. He needs some fresh blood. Anyways I'm off topic.

I think it's time for a band change too but that will never happen

Yes, because loyalty and security are more important to him. As he said "we are family. We stay together".

Besides the obvious: bands seldom agree to headline festivals without actual dates or digital advertising that achieves nothing - the 'Mexican' contingent on instagram say it's false.
Regards,
FWD.

Besides the obvious: bands seldom agree to headline festivals without actual dates or digital advertising that achieves nothing - the 'Mexican' contingent on instagram say it's false.
Regards,
FWD.
FWD,

You are correct

The site, translated with the usual translation errors, reads:

Netizens reported that the event information had several inconsistencies

GUADALAJARA, JALISCO .- Social networks were excited yesterday afternoon with the appearance of a musical poster of an alleged festival to be held at the Roxy. With a lineup that included Morrissey, Placebo, Empire of the Sun and even Caloncho, it sounded too good to be true and indeed ... it is.

Through its Facebook, the site "Vice Mexico" broke the news that the Roxy Forum (Calle Mezquitán 72) would finally celebrate its reopening with a great sounding event called "Roxy GDL / MX Gastronomic Music and Art Festival". The poster of this supposed event without date nor price of tickets, conformed by Morrissey, Empire of the Sun, Placebo, Hercules Love "Afair", Hiromi, Fito Paez, Smash Mouth, Wild Nothing, David Brigthon, Space Oddity, Maite Hontele , "Siddartha" and "Caloncho".

The users of the page began to suspect that the supposed concert was false since the names of some bands (like Hercules & Love Affair and Siddhartha) were badly written, as well as the lack of an official page or the confirmation of all the artists.

According to the Facebook page of Concerts Guadalajara, the poster is false, although they add that in effect, there will be a Roxy Festival, with real details to be revealed.

While they will not be at the Roxy Festival, most of the "advertised" artists have a busy schedule in the coming months.

In its official page, Empire of the Sun only has scheduled for the next 14 and 21 of April its presentations in the Festival of Coachella (California, the United States). For his part, the Mexican Caloncho will be presented in Peru, at the Donavon Frankenreiter Festival in Lima, on January 17.

Hercules & Love Affair would have it difficult to be in our city, at least this month, because they will be busy playing from the other side of the planet. They are presented on January 28th in Goa, India. Smash Mouth will be a little closer, giving a concert on January 14 in Redwood City, California.

Didn't someone say boz was doing a polecats tour in the beginjng of the year anyway

Is this before the wall gets built or after ?
Is it a fundraiser to fund the wall ?
Roxy wall aid sounds cool

I can't decide what is more tragic, the fact that you have taken time out of your "fast" life to write such insufferably dull twaddle, or the fact that you think it worthy of posting for others to see. What goes through your mind that you need to keep spouting this desperate fart-cloud of witless nonsense? Are you trying to be the most pro-actively boring human being in the history of man? It's odd. I know that most on here regard you with the level of contempt usually reserved for war criminals, but I do find you kind of fascinating. How can one man be so utterly moronic and without semblance of self-awareness? You and Aztec (Jaysus...what is that about?) should meet up...you will get along like a house on fire.

Yes, because loyalty and security are more important to him. As he said "we are family. We stay together".
And they have done great work together, especially Boorer and former member Alain. Jack The Ripper and the songs from Vauxhall and Your Arsenal and Quarry are my favourites, not to mention gems like Nobody Loves Us and This Is Not Your Country. But..... I think he has mined the relationship to the max with current band and would love to see Moz make some changes. You are right and it will never happen. I'm not too bothered if the current lineup stays the same forever as long as they get to release new material.
p.s. You don't live with your 'family' forever. Birds are supposed to leave the roost eventually.

I thought the line up really hit a high mark on world peace myself. Jesse turned in some of his best songs which were some of my favs on the album (I'm not a man kiss me a lot) and Gustavo's guitar playing added some great flourishes in places while Neil Cassidy had a nice song structure. That album had a lot of musical variety as I think they upped there game over ringleader and refusal

First Smith reunuion, now fake Morrissey festival headliner, this is killing me. Only will believe TTY now.

I can't decide what is more tragic, the fact that you have taken time out of your "fast" life to write such insufferably dull twaddle, or the fact that you think it worthy of posting for others to see. What goes through your mind that you need to keep spouting this desperate fart-cloud of witless nonsense? Are you trying to be the most pro-actively boring human being in the history of man? It's odd. I know that most on here regard you with the level of contempt usually reserved for war criminals, but I do find you kind of fascinating. How can one man be so utterly moronic and without semblance of self-awareness? You and Aztec (Jaysus...what is that about?) should meet up...you will get along like a house on fire.

Surely the tragedy is your off topic anonymous babbling response :brows::drama:
Absolutely ridiculous

Bull Ox! I reckon I find this hard to believe. Reckon he hasn't technically boycotted Mexico. He doesn't go because when he was driven across the border in his Black Mercedes C Class from Malibu to Tijuana to play that show at El Foro, he was almost kidnapped by corrupt Mexican police. His driver/bodyguard at the time "Jesse" somehow bribed their way out of it. Word is that they were tipped off what car he would be in and when Uncle Steve would be crossing.

Reckon Uncle Steve under advice from TMMG ltd. has fabricated a story about not being able to "work with Mexican promoters", but I wouldn't risk being kidnapped and I am sure he would get raped since all the idiots who spread rumors about Uncle Steve that he is gay.

Last edited:

Are you a member of the lawnmower parts?

Keep up the good work Benny

Placebo are playing shows in mexico in late march so an april 1-2 date seems to be in play here.

Last edited:
Are you a member of the lawnmower parts?

Keep up the good work Benny

Because we must ! :tiphat: Thanks so much, this is for you, when things seemed to be worthwhile and matter ! ! ! :guitar::thumb:

Alma X

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom