Morrissey to play at the Cruel World Festival (Carson, CA, May 2, 2020)

full

Information via Jesse Tobias:

20200211_202104.jpg

Event website:
https://cruelworldfest.com/
(presale tickets / prices).
Update February 15: tickets sold out.

A nice selection of bands.
Regards,
FWD.

Media items:

Last edited:
Theres nothing wrong with the originals like morrissey PIL or Blondie being at the same festival.
Better than Cardi B and stormzy and of course Ed Sheeran.
these are people who have stood the test of time,where will the others be in ten years time,the media build them up and the media will take it all away.

Won't be long till his retro 80s tour with:

Dollar
Go West
Bros
5 Star
Kajagoogoo

etc.
you forgot right said fred,i quite like a bit of bros now and again,they had their own style,who ever had a watch on their shoe.

Maybe Moz is doing The Smiths, on his own :)

Definitely no room here for any of his disastrous several solo rubbish albums of late.
Crowd won’t be happy with headline diva nonsense either.
They will be looking for Smiths and very early solo nostalgia hits and nothing else.

On the plus side though looking at the line up there’s lots of dollars to be made on the merch stall if he likes and signs all their albums.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Definitely no room here for any of his disastrous several solo rubbish albums of late.
They will be looking for Smiths and very early solo nostalgia hits and nothing else.

On the plus side though looking at the line up there’s lots of dollars to be made on the merch stall if he likes and signs all their albums.

Agreed. It will not be his crowd and he’s got to win them over. Wonder if this will be meat-free, that might not go over so well either.

Benny-the-British-Asslicker :greatbritain::tongue:

Those things are in the same interview.

I remember the mispronunciation bit the most because it was so snobby.

Remember, eh? So not in you're 20s then?

Funny, Reelfountain used to 'remember' events rather than recall reading about them years later. Strange that you should both suffer from the same affliction?

Agreed. It will not be his crowd and he’s got to win them over. Wonder if this will be meat-free, that might not go over so well either.

Agreed, he will need to win them over, & dare I say, 'perform'; it'll be expected from the crowd. Like you say, it won't be 'his' crowd.
I've seen a few interviews where I think he stated he doesn't perform; responding something like that's what seals do.
Although headlining, a few compromises needed from Moz for this one I think. I don't think he'll be able to control the 'meat' thing.
It's a great opportunity for him to showcase in a mixed artist environment, & I'm hoping that he can find some way of relinquishing control just a little bit for this event, & seize the day.
It bodes well, but with caveats.

the only shot for Drama Le Pew to headline is:

:handpointdown:

FnAb4kG1cL-1.png

I hope he puts his prideful :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: aside and snatched his one and only opportunity.:)

Is this the beginning of a shift in the types of gigs Moz does? I think this sort of gig would have been out of the question previously. It’s like one of those ‘rewind to the 80s’ things. Except more goth. I approve.

Is this the beginning of a shift in the types of gigs Moz does? I think this sort of gig would have been out of the question previously. It’s like one of those ‘rewind to the 80s’ things. Except more goth. I approve.
Before you know it, he'll be playing those 80s weekends that they hold at Butlins' holiday camps.

Before you know it, he'll be playing those 80s weekends that they hold at Butlins' holiday camps.

It's the sign of a career slide. Perhaps, like most of us, he's realised that his best days are behind him, way behind him.

It's the sign of a career slide. Perhaps, like most of us, he's realised that his best days are behind him, way behind him.

Why yes, what utter humiliation to be headlining a festival that features so many no-name artists. I don't know how Morrissey can even face life any more, knowing that utter losers like Blondie, Devo, the Bunnymen, Marc Almond, PiL are playing on the same bill.

Why yes, what utter humiliation to be headlining a festival that features so many no-name artists. I don't know how Morrissey can even face life any more, knowing that utter losers like Blondie, Devo, the Bunnymen, Marc Almond, PiL are playing on the same bill.

Morrissey will just about be the one of the youngest out of some of these, at the tender age of 60....Deb Harry 74?? Christ.

doh:

Skinny why dont you let Untruth take over with his psycho babbles FFS
beenie the bitcher stuff is getting beyond droll its totally tragic.:censored:

It’s a sad state of affairs and yet not at all surprising though.
The only thing he can write with any amount of success these days.

Update:
Tickets still available for Morrisseys huge two date UK not sold out tin-pot-tour.
Remaining tickets will be given out for free on the day along with a copy of his new album I’ve Got Diesels Dick On A Chain.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom