Morrissey to play Hollywood Bowl (26 October, 2019) Interpol supporting - Morrissey Official FB

full

(Ticket link = Ticketmaster).

Image from the 2 posted by @madness.la on IG:

3a9141e5e06aee48434845cd65fd2f73.jpg e49d800083f06e5ce4f087368d781cc9.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

UPDATE July 31:

Link to press release posted by Thewlis:

Show in Irvine is sold out.
http://portable-infinite.blogspot.com/2019/07/morrissey-sells-out-five-points.html?m=1

Morrissey Sells Out Five Points Amphitheatre, Announces Hollywood Bowl Tour Finale
The Britpop icon will end his US Fall arena tour at the legendary Los Angeles venue on Oct. 26 joined by special guests Interpol
Tickets onsale Friday, August 2nd at 12 P.M. EST

The Los Angeles love affair with Morrissey continues. Due to popular demand, Morrissey has announced the final show of his arena headline tour at the Hollywood Bowl on Saturday, October 26th. This special show will be the Britpop icon’s last stop on a sprawling U.S. fall tour that will see Moz across both coasts. The show was announced this morning on KROQ and comes on the heels of Morrissey selling out the antepenultimate show of the tour at the Five Points Amphitheatre in Irvine, California.
Touring in support of his latest LP, 60s/70s covers album California Son (Étienne Records/BMG), Morrissey will kick off the tour on September 5th in Maryland’sMerriweather Post Pavilion. The rock pioneer will be joined on the road by post-punk luminaries Interpol. California Son entered Billboard’s Vinyl Album Chart at #1 in May.
Morrissey’s "Smash Hit" Broadway residency kicked off his 2019 campaign earlier this summer with a series of seven "instant sell-out" shows at Manhattan's Lunt-Fontanne Theatre. Critics worldwide raved about the run, which saw Moz draw material from throughout his remarkable repertoire of hits ranging from his storied early days with the Smiths to his acclaimed solo releases. Jon Pareles of The New York Times described his opening night performance as “ impeccably sung” and “as intimate as his songs themselves.”
Fans still remember Morrissey’s last Hollywood Bowl appearances as two of his all-time best. Morrissey himself will find it hard to forget the 35,000 seat sell out for the launch of his Low in High School tour, which lead the Mayor of Los Angeles to officially proclaim November 10th as “Morrissey Day”.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:

full

(Tick link = Ticketmaster).

Image from the 2 posted by @madness.la on IG:

View attachment 51282 View attachment 51283

Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

Poor Steve, playing with interpool at the Hollywood bowl a place where Depeche Mode sold out on their own for 7 days. Where the cure could sell out on their own. Where Steve himself could sell out on his own just 3 years ago.

f*** me how times of changed.

Notice the double down on Mexican fan base he does when desperate. 'Hector was the first in the gang', the unused Pic of Moz dressed as a Mexican singer etc.
It's all so desperate. Lowest common denominator. Alt right and the Mexicans. The dumb area of his fan base

Madness is getting some free publicity,
it’s really not a bad image to use in this case.

I'm out - it's not a good venue for seeing him anymore, IMO. Saw him there in 2017 (and 1992 & 2007) in addition to the lackluster setlist (which was greatly improved in 2018) instead of showing the performance on the large video screens - like every other show I've seen there - he had a static image for the entire show. So unless you had close seats you didn't see anything.

Pointless to speculate. Anyway, I don’t have a crystal ball.

Plays or doesn’t, either way he wins.

Not really, the place is 20% sold and the right thing to do would be to announce a cancellation now, rather than let people spend money to travel, only for it to be cancelled the night before with some bullshit excuse. Hopefully Interpol have more integrity than Morrissey and do the right thing.

I'm out - it's not a good venue for seeing him anymore, IMO. Saw him there in 2017 (and 1992 & 2007) in addition to the lackluster setlist (which was greatly improved in 2018) instead of showing the performance on the large video screens - like every other show I've seen there - he had a static image for the entire show. So unless you had close seats you didn't see anything.

Didn’t care for the boxes, was there in 92, both shows.

Anyway, Morrissey is great IN ANY
venue, IMO.

:cool:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom