Morrissey turns 54 - May 22, 2013

He was, but he certainly isn't anymore.
Otherwise, please explain what is profound, prolific and provocative about his latest song lyrics:
"Tongue against tongue, and we've only just begun. Can I interest you in hours of fun?"
"Can't get a table for fat Aunt Mable".
His lyrics have become idiotic, charmless and half-witted.

Get a life, Jackass!

This Birthday wish is kinda late but Happy Birthday Morrissey! I hope you had a wonderful day!

Dear Morrissey,

Just a quick message to say that if you are reading these birthday wishes, you will quickly determine that, now and again, some idiots do post here. Today - or tonight - some of them have nothing better to do than to listen to Gene Vincent and to dream about Birthday Cake(s.)

Migliori auguri per il tuo compleanno and hope that you are feeling a little better. Surprisingly warm and sunny over here, in and around Chapel-en-Le-Frith, and thankfully no sight (nor sound) of Lloyd Cole anywhere.

Looking back. And looking forward. Its a mad world. Nothing's quite as pretty as Mary in the morning (as someone once sang.) Not even South Lasky Drive which could be bathed in sunshine or in cloud (from Area 51?)

With best wishes for now, for then, and for you,

Saluti
Hazard

I've come to wish you an unhappy birthday because your evil and you lie and your anti English as well !
Now sort yourself out and get some decent songs written . . . . . .? ? Can you write ! ! Did you really think I would say all of this syrupy sentimental guff written above ???

Hooky

Hooky - Lol. For a minute I thought that you were totally serious but then again, shouldn't you be in Longsight practising for Buxton ? Rock on. Can't wait for my ticket at the stage door.... Best, Hazard.

Otherwise, please explain what is profound, prolific and provocative about his latest song lyrics:
"Tongue against tongue, and we've only just begun. Can I interest you in hours of fun?"

You've cited two songs in a career that has spanned over thirty years and that has given us some of the most touching lyrics ever written. Most musical artists only last a few years, then they fade into obscurity; but Morrissey has remained relevant for three decades, which is an absolutely astounding accomplishement. His collective body of work is his legacy, and it is the reason that many of us revere, admire, and cherish him. I feel blessed to have lived in the age of Morrissey; having the opportunity to hear him sing these words has given me, and many others, great joy. If Morrissey never writes another word, he will still be considered to be one of the greatest songwriters in the history of pop music; and what do you do, you just sit there, spewing hateful comments. His work will live on long after he has parted this world; can you say the same?

lynnda

Happy Birthday from SF, CA, USA
Looking forward to your return!

You've cited two songs in a career that has spanned over thirty years and that has given us some of the most touching lyrics ever written. Most musical artists only last a few years, then they fade into obscurity; but Morrissey has remained relevant for three decades, which is an absolutely astounding accomplishement. His collective body of work is his legacy, and it is the reason that many of us revere, admire, and cherish him. I feel blessed to have lived in the age of Morrissey; having the opportunity to hear him sing these words has given me, and many others, great joy. If Morrissey never writes another word, he will still be considered to be one of the greatest songwriters in the history of pop music; and what do you do, you just sit there, spewing hateful comments. His work will live on long after he has parted this world; can you say the same?

lynnda

Yes, exactly! Well, said! It may take a generation or two to truly appreciate the man and his contribution :)

The first one is errotic in a charming way.
The second one I haven't heard, but it is great humor.

Hope you've made some lovely memories today. I will gladly berate Fortnum and Mason.
Love from Northern California.:flowers:

The second one is called Art-hounds. It's a great song and one I wish he'd sing more often...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry For Being Late.
Happy Birthday 54years Old.
From Japan.

Of the few new songs, I think that Action is My Middle-Name is worthy of keeping. Knowing how Morrissey likes to be self-deprecating, especially when it comes to his love life, it is quite possible that these words are being delivered with a touch of sarcasm. Obviously, it's not the strongest example of his literary skills, but it is extremely catchy, and I love the dichotomy. It starts out flirtatious, then turns a bit menacing. This duality is one of the elements that I find appealing in Morrissey's work.

Sorry this is late.Happy Belated Birthday Morrissey!Love you forever!

Only just managed 2 log online, had a few problems were ,...........well it doesent matter!!!!

But just wanted 2 wish morrissey a happy birthday! :)
(sorry my congratulations are late 2! Im almost embarrassed 2 send greetings at such a late hour! )

We love ya moz no matter what! - allways and forever! x :)

Will comment on the latest moz statement - TTY "its not nice you shouldent do it" , 22nd may 2013 - shortly!

Devious punk
Melodious monk
Attack them with flowers
Their ship is sunk

Hope you had a good birthday, Morrissey. Good luck in the coming year and always.

Much lurv,

Hedda O.

PS more lurv.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom