Morrissey will never reform with the Smiths

I won't be moaning "oh what a tragedy!" either. :straightface:
I just mean that if they did get back together it'd mean all of Morrissey's declarations against the idea would've been rendered hollow. I'd like to think that they aren't just brash statements to garner attention but genuine reflections on how he feels. If that's the case then there's no chance in hell. But I guess for me personally I've lost a lot of faith in the guy over the past year or so and for the first time can see him seeing the pay cheque and going "sod it, I'll do it" and just trotting out some autopilot tat.

It's not a popular opinion round these parts I know. But it is my personal opinion and nothing more.

but would you attend a gig?

I'd fly around the world to attend a gig with Morrissey and Marr.

I can't see "The Smiths" reuniting but Morrissey and Marr would be fantastic. Personally, I'd love to see Andy Rourke involved too as I think he is a terrific bass player and added a huge amount to the sound.

I don't think Morrissey and Marr are enemies anymore. You don't see them taking potshots at each other (well, mainly this was Marr having a go at Morrissey's music) and this is positive. You even hear from Marr that they do get in touch and enjoy each others company, good news. Will they make more music? Who knows but it does seem very much against Johnny Marr's philosophy to play music that is 25 years old. If Morrissey was to pick up the phone and say I want to do something completely different then this might interest Marr.

That would be a possible and great scenario if Morrissey hooked up with Marr for the next album....

Back
Top Bottom