Morrisseys final last tour ever?

Hideous jape

I know that it has been mused about nearly every tour in the past, but is 2011 the final time you will get to hear moz sing live? After the frailties of last time ( collapse, loss of voice again , postponements and the almost apologetic submission at Liverpool, 51 years of age, couple this with another greatest hits offering and now the autobiography imminent). I do hope i am wrong but he cant go on forever can he , so catch him while we still have the time!

I know that it has been mused about nearly every tour in the past, but is 2011 the final time you will get to hear moz sing live? After the frailties of last time ( collapse, loss of voice again , postponements and the almost apologetic submission at Liverpool, 51 years of age, couple this with another greatest hits offering and now the autobiography imminent). I do hope i am wrong but he cant go on forever can he , so catch him while we still have the time!

The nearest we will be to knowing for sure is if he announces his retirement, and even then I wouldn't really see it as set in stone. I think he seems in better health than the last tour. (But off course it only takes one unlucky encounter to get struck down by something). Before I saw him in October 2009, I never thought I would get the chance. I am now seeing him in York this time. If he announces another tour after this I will try and see him then as well. I will always see each time I see him as probably the last. I thought 2009 would be the one and only time, and I was just glad I had had the chance, and enjoyed it immensely. Then if he announces a new tour it will majorly surprise me like this one did. :)

Ok, nobody can go on forever, but 52 years is not THAT old!!

Ok, nobody can go on forever, but 52 years is not THAT old!!

Agreed. I don't know why people always mention his age as a reason for his supposedly-imminent retirement. There are plenty of musicians much older than Morrissey who still regularly tour. When did a musician last retire at 52?

Back
Top Bottom