Morrissey's friend forging new alliances

Imagine frequenting a forum of an artist you’ve never seen sing a note live in your life.
Clown Shoes > Uncle Skinny > 2 peas in a pod.
There is no difference in the two

Vegan Croc (of shit)
FFS worry about going to your first
show instead rubbernecking all the time:blushing:
so i say you appear to be the old crank
barnaby and right away you say im
skinny?:rolleyes:
everything i say you are going to say?
like barnaby used to do?:hammer:

He's a worker - he earned it by writing songs & playing gigs - he doesn't run the corporations & has an extremely uneasy relationship with them. Taxing or nationalising the corporations would help dismantle the class system, taxing the workers does nothing.
Churning out some song lyrics every few years - many of which are only half-written, at best - and poncing about on a stage isn't "earning" money. Teachers, social workers, nurses, and refuse collectors earn their money - pop singers do not. Society won't collapse if he never produces another World Peace is None of Your Business. Most of it wouldn't even notice.

You can think of him as an ennobled worker if it helps keep your cognitive dissonance in check, but your definition of "worker" would have to be so broad as to be almost completely useless. It says only that he isn't (as far as we know) a significant shareholder in a corporation, and that's about it. Keep in mind, though, that he is an employer himself - a notoriously capricious employer at that. And let's not - to use one of your favourite words - conflate being "a worker" with belonging to a subjugated, downtrodden working class. He has no more in common with the teenage dads on the estates of Old Trafford and Hulme than any multi-millionaire - (ie, f_ck all (xenophobia and racism excepted)).

As a "worker", he's periodically sub-contracted by large corporations like EMI et al to produce commodities for them that they can then sell in the marketplace, and it's proved very lucrative for him. Given the amount of wealth he hoards for himself, he doesn't need to do this - he chooses to. He does not "hate the class system"; it's worked very well for him. Despite his pretensions of being a "rebel", Steven's actually a profoundly conservative old man.

Churning out some song lyrics every few years - many of which are only half-written, at best - and poncing about on a stage isn't "earning" money. Teachers, social workers, nurses, and refuse collectors earn their money - pop singers do not.”

LOL :rofl::laughing:

a working class hero is something to be ? ..

btw I wouldn’t really consider an artist like Morrissey a ‘pop singer’
in comparison to what many would define these days as a pop singer, lady ga ga, taylor swift, etc..

Last edited:
Churning out some song lyrics every few years - many of which are only half-written, at best - and poncing about on a stage isn't "earning" money. Teachers, social workers, nurses, and refuse collectors earn their money - pop singers do not. Society won't collapse if he never produces another World Peace is None of Your Business. Most of it wouldn't even notice.

You can think of him as an ennobled worker if it helps keep your cognitive dissonance in check, but your definition of "worker" would have to be so broad as to be almost completely useless. It says only that he isn't (as far as we know) a significant shareholder in a corporation, and that's about it. Keep in mind, though, that he is an employer himself - a notoriously capricious employer at that. And let's not - to use one of your favourite words - conflate being "a worker" with belonging to a subjugated, downtrodden working class. He has no more in common with the teenage dads on the estates of Old Trafford and Hulme than any multi-millionaire - (ie, f_ck all (xenophobia and racism excepted)).

As a "worker", he's periodically sub-contracted by large corporations like EMI et al to produce commodities for them that they can then sell in the marketplace, and it's proved very lucrative for him. Given the amount of wealth he hoards for himself, he doesn't need to do this - he chooses to. He does not "hate the class system"; it's worked very well for him. Despite his pretensions of being a "rebel", Steven's actually a profoundly conservative old man.
:rolleyes:

WTF? teachers and social workers, etc are 1/2 removed from the dole FFS
sit around sponging off the tax money snatched from Moz merch and
tix sales:blushing:
they should be made to get real jobs:hammer:

FFS worry about going to your first
show instead rubbernecking all the time:blushing:
so i say you appear to be the old crank
barnaby and right away you say im
skinny?:rolleyes:
everything i say you are going to say?
like barnaby used to do?:hammer:
Remind us Clown Shoes. Which ‘shows’ have you been to? Forget about me - tell us all about you. The floor is yours. :hammer:

Remind us Clown Shoes. Which ‘shows’ have you been to? Forget about me - tell us all about you. The floor is yours. :hammer:

o_O
more deflecting rubbernecking:blushing:
please explain how you posted setlists for shows that
never took place:mad:

not only did she has never been to any shes loony
enough to imagine setlist for the non existing shows:hammer:

That's not a political analysis - that's jealousy & spite.

Churning out some song lyrics every few years - many of which are only half-written, at best - and poncing about on a stage isn't "earning" money. Teachers, social workers, nurses, and refuse collectors earn their money - pop singers do not.”

LOL :rofl::laughing:

a working class hero is something to be ? ..

btw I wouldn’t really consider an artist like Morrissey a ‘pop singer’
in comparison to what many would define these days as a pop singer, lady ga ga, taylor swift, etc..

The arts are a profession like any other - I take it that prat doesn't listen to music, watch films etc.

That's not a political analysis - that's jealousy & spite.
And that's not a substantive response. Try again?

Anyway, back on topic, are you able "to evidence" the specific occasion(s) when Steven withdrew is support from Waters and For Britain? Can we find an authoritative citation on your website? Link?

And that's not a substantive response. Try again?

Anyway, back on topic, are you able "to evidence" the specific occasion(s) when Steven withdrew is support from Waters and For Britain? Can we find an authoritative citation on your website? Link?

It's the only response your ignorant drivel deserved. Try getting a job in the arts & tell us how easy it is.

May 2019.

It's the only response your ignorant drivel deserved. Try getting a job in the arts & tell us how easy it is.

May 2019.
I didn't say it was "easy". I said that being an entertainer doesn't merit the income and wealth Morrissey has, and drew a contrast between him and people whose jobs are self-evidently more socially useful. Don't get angry. Let's talk.

Just saying "May 2019" isn't "evidencing" anything. Can you direct interested parties to specific instances of Morrissey renouncing Ann-Marie Waters and For Britain? At this point, I'd be willing to accept even just a screenshot if you word the text convincingly.

I didn't say it was "easy". I said that being an entertainer doesn't merit the income and wealth Morrissey has, and drew a contrast between him and people whose jobs are self-evidently more socially useful. Don't get angry. Let's talk.

Just saying "May 2019" isn't "evidencing" anything. Can you direct interested parties to specific instances of Morrissey renouncing Ann-Marie Waters and For Britain? At this point, I'd be willing to accept even just a screenshot if you word the text convincingly.

In a world of hedge fund managers you want to dig at the arts because someone manages to create something that had ok sales. It's annoying.

After Pingate he released a statement on Central that reiterated some political hopes & did not include FB. By June 2019 he told a defunct website that he wasn't a activist, didn't vote & wasn't a member of any party. He hasn't mentioned them or worn a badge since.

He would slso have been part of Hope Not Hate's annual report if he had any link or was doing anything that would help her election chances.

The only people promoting her are the people who claim to angry at him for it.

In a world of hedge fund managers you want to dig at the arts because someone manages to create something that had ok sales. It's annoying.

After Pingate he released a statement on Central that reiterated some political hopes & did not include FB. By June 2019 he told a defunct website that he wasn't a activist, didn't vote & wasn't a member of any party. He hasn't mentioned them or worn a badge since.

He would slso have been part of Hope Not Hate's annual report if he had any link or was doing anything that would help her election chances.

The only people promoting her are the people who claim to angry at him for it.
I'm happy to criticise anyone who enjoys unearned wealth - hedge-fund managers, high-ranking managers and board-members of large organisation, as well as celebrity entertainers. I'm not criticising you or "the arts".

I know he hasn't mentioned For Britain or AMW for a while. However, my question is, has he openly criticised them? Has he made a "statement" unambiguously saying that he no longer supports them? Has he urged people to not "give For Britain a chance"?

I'm happy to criticise anyone who enjoys unearned wealth - hedge-fund managers, high-ranking managers and board-members of large organisation, as well as celebrity entertainers. I'm not criticising you or "the arts".

I know he hasn't mentioned For Britain or AMW for a while. However, my question is, has he openly criticised them? Has he made a "statement" unambiguously saying that he no longer supports them? Has he urged people to not "give For Britain a chance"?

You are criticising the arts. He has earned his money by working.

He doesn't have to - it gives her name more traction & it would make no difference. It's been a choice to hype up his 'controversial' statements & bury everything else.

He's better off just finding something else for people to be annoyed about.

That’s none then, clown shoes. Retarded you are.
😐
whats your play? taking over skinnys position
as supreme troll?:censored:
signed up a couple of months ago and
has been feverishly posting set lists
of imaginary shows:hammer:

You are criticising the arts. He has earned his money by working.

He doesn't have to - it gives her name more traction & it would make no difference. It's been a choice to hype up his 'controversial' statements & bury everything else.

He's better off just finding something else for people to be annoyed about.
Again, he has not "earned his money by working". Certainly, he's accumulated millions that have been paid to him, but he has not "earned" those millions. I already responded to this point earlier, though, and you still have no substantive response to it (except to say you're personally offended) so I'll leave that with you.

Be as artistic as you like - I don't mind. Really, it's completely fine with me. If you can make a living from it and you enjoy it, that's even better.

You're right, though, Morrissey doesn't have to say explicitly that he's no longer a fan of For Britain and its policies. He doesn't have to publicly urge people to not "give them a chance", but since he doesn't say he doesn't support them anymore, there is no basis at all for you to claim that he doesn't support them.

Over the decades, there are very many issues and people about whom Morrissey has expressed opinions and then not mentioned them again. I don't think he's mentioned, say, Margaret Thatcher or Myra Hindley or even Barack Obama in a quite a while. If your argument held up, we would have to deduce from his silence that his opinions about them have changed - not just his opinions about For Britain. Suddenly, and without explanation, he likes Thatcher, Hindley and Obama now; he can't get enough of those milk-snatching, child-murdering non-black black people.

Can you see yet what's wrong with your argument?

The fact that he hasn't talked about For Britain recently cannot be construed as his having rejected them or their ideas. It's wishful thinking on your part, and on your part alone.

Back
Top Bottom