Morrissey's next TTY entry

Re: Morrissey's next TTY entry..

I just want his next TTY entry to be that he has a deal with Elektra.

Re: Morrissey's next TTY entry...

He may have had a chuckle but I'll bet he admired the way she got up and carried on. I wonder what he'd have done in a similar situation...

He may have had a chuckle but I'll bet he admired the way she got up and carried on. I wonder what he'd have done in a similar situation...

That's a great question. I've always given him credit for going on stage in Swindon and Boston when he clearly felt awful. I think he would get up and carry on if he wasn't hurt.

I agree. At the end of the day he's a trouper!

I agree. At the end of the day he's a trouper!

I have to disagree. When he got hit in the head with the water bottle he pouted and took off as fast he could. I was really disappointed that he did that to all of the fans who bought tickets for that show. He should've remembered the old showbiz addage "The show must go on." It was completely disappointing that he chose to pout and vanish.

I have to disagree. When he got hit in the head with the water bottle he pouted and took off as fast he could. I was really disappointed that he did that to all of the fans who bought tickets for that show. He should've remembered the old showbiz addage "The show must go on." It was completely disappointing that he chose to pout and vanish.

He's not perfect, but I think he's tougher physically than we give him credit for.

Totally different circumstances. Madonna wasn't hit by a projectile from the crowd, it was an embarrassing prop malfunction. Had someone thrown something from the crowd and hit her I don't think she would have carried on.

Had Morrissey fallen on his arse during a gig he would have carried on...

Totally different circumstances. Madonna wasn't hit by a projectile from the crowd, it was an embarrassing prop malfunction. Had someone thrown something from the crowd and hit her I don't think she would have carried on.

Had Morrissey fallen on his arse during a gig he would have carried on...

I agree if Morrissey would've just fallen he would've carried on but I also believe that most performers would've soldiered on after getting hit by a water bottle. Madonna's tough and would have definitely done it. She may have gone backstage for a minute, two minutes, or five minutes but I bet she would've come back. It was a water bottle thrown by one knucklehead. Teddy Roosevelt was shot in the chest, by a pistol at point blank range, and still went on to deliver a 50 minute speech in Milwaukee, Wisconsin as he was campaigning for President in 1916. His glasses case and gigantic speech, which were in his shirt pocket, slowed the bullet somewhat but it still entered his chest. And as he bled he gave the speech. I'm not even that keen on Teddy Roosevelt as I think he's way overrated, at least in terms of what he did as President. However, I admire his guts and determination for putting forward a political presentation right after getting shot. And Morrissey was thrown off by a water bottle, pretty sad.

I agree if Morrissey would've just fallen he would've carried on but I also believe that most performers would've soldiered on after getting hit by a water bottle. Madonna's tough and would have definitely done it. She may have gone backstage for a minute, two minutes, or five minutes but I bet she would've come back. It was a water bottle thrown by one knucklehead. Teddy Roosevelt was shot in the chest, by a pistol at point blank range, and still went on to deliver a 50 minute speech in Milwaukee, Wisconsin as he was campaigning for President in 1916. His glasses case and gigantic speech, which were in his shirt pocket, slowed the bullet somewhat but it still entered his chest. And as he bled he gave the speech. I'm not even that keen on Teddy Roosevelt as I think he's way overrated, at least in terms of what he did as President. However, I admire his guts and determination for putting forward a political presentation right after getting shot. And Morrissey was thrown off by a water bottle, pretty sad.

Fantastic historical reference!

Back
Top Bottom