Morrissey's World Blogspot: who is the actual author?

Welcome To My World

... those were the first words Morrissey spoke tonight before his concert.

He was referring to his blog.

I was right all along. Line up to tell me so.

Re: Welcome To My World

... those were the first words Morrissey spoke tonight before his concert.

He was referring to his blog.

I was right all along. Line up to tell me so.

When Morrissey stripped in London after not doing so all through his 2011 tour, he had already proven the blog was his. If you look back at the blog you will see numerous mentions of stripping in London and also a pledge to strip at the Palladium on the final night. NObody would have predicted this because Moz doesn't usually change his act part way through a tour.

Yes I think this also is an amusing reference to the blog. Just Bieber's latest DVD has been the ironic subject of the blog most recently and Bieber's only album is called 'My World.' If you put 'welcome to My World' into google, you will see Bieber usually opens his 'My World' concerts with 'Welcome to My World': there are plenty of videos of this on the web.

This proves it beyond any doubt. It's quite brilliant how he has denied it is his blog and then repeatedly offered up 'coincidental' evidence to suggest it is Morrissey's blog.

The people on here won't get it because they're not very smart. But how improbable is it that Morrissey would name-check Justin Bieber and copy his introduction to his world tour just a few days after posting a comic review of Bieber on the blog?

Yes, you were right.

Re: Morrissey's May Have Another Surprise Tonight...

***I meant to type Morrissey's Concert May Have Another Surprise Tonight***

... other than removing his shirt for the second time.

I think the other surprise may very well be him announcing that he is indeed the author of Morrissey's World, the blog.

He posted that disclaimer to draw attention to his blog. Even in an email to me he was laughing at the gullibility of you lot here on Morrissey solo. He sent me six emails in total. I impressed him immensely when I first saw the humour in his disclaimer and poked fun, too, at how easily So-Lowers are tricked.

Today, on his blog he posted this in the comment section in response to a fan asking if it really was his blog:

Last night was beautiful. I thank you all so.

Yes, yes yes - I am me. I truly am.

Even when I pledge to strip to the waist for the first time, and then I do strip to the waist, nobody believes I am me. What more do I have to do? We shall see at the Palladium.

Do you have tickets? I hope so. I hope to see you all again.

My ever-dwindling fan base is all I need.

He's no longer sending me emails because I was prickish to him, something I will forever regret.

Start lining up NOW to say I was right.

He certainly did have a surprise in store - he just proved the blog is his by using the very same words at the beginning of his concert as Justin Bieber used at the opening of his 'My World' tour shows. Both Bieber and Morrissey said, 'Welcome to my World.' This coming just a few days after 'Morrissey' on the blog reviewed the Bieber DVD.

But how did YOU know? I am intrigued.

yes and that stuff about Bieber was posted just a few days before Morrissey chose to begin his gig with a direcdt quote from Justin Bieber who began his 'My World tour' shows with 'Welcome to My World.'

It's hilarious - do you seriously think both this and his decision to strip after the pledge on the blog are coincidences? I don't. Dempsey was right.

I've known it was his blog for at least a month. We've sent one another emails. One email he sent was as long as one of his blog posts. It was like the most perfect drug! Positively spell-binding! Our correspondence began when I sent him an email about how funny his 'disclaimer post' was. He's the coolest guy.

And who the f*** else can write as skillfully as him? Nobody, which is further evidence the blog is his. Like I said, he looks upon it all as a bit of a joke; he thinks it's hilarious the So-Lowers don't even bother to ask 'the right questions' regarding the ownership of his blog. I'm just glad I was among the first to know.

When I subscribed to his blog, I was only the twelfth person. He now has twenty-two thanks to me, because I've been constantly talking about it on here. Posting thread after thread, even getting banned twice for losing my patience with the So-Lowers. It's a lovely conclusion to what became an obsession for me!

Last edited:

I think someone is pretending to be him and corresponding with you, kid.
Don't let him do it.

Come on, my dear. Talk common sense. I'm not daft, I'd know if it was some kid. All you need to do is read his blog posts from the past few days (especially the comments, on which Morrissey posts replies to fans) to know I am utterly right. Must I show you the emails he sent me? Does it really have to come to that?

I think someone is pretending to be him and corresponding with you, kid.
Don't let him do it.

You actually think all of the above is a coincidence? Have you even seen the blog? Take a look at www.morrisseysworld.blogspot.com

You will see him promise to strip to the waist when it looked like he had retired form doing so, before stripping off in London just a couple of days after the 'pledge' on the blog - that alone proves he at least reads the blog and thinks it's amusing to act on it, even if he is not the author.

Then he begins his concert by quoting the very words Justin Bieber uses to introduce his live concerts just a few days after a review of the Bieber DVD is posted on the blog and by Boz on IMDB.

You seriously think all that is coincidence?

And what about the fact morrissey denied he was the author back when nobody even knew the blog existed. He had no cause to deny it back then, and his actions actually had the effect of advertising the blog and increasing its readership! It was not even linked on google before his announcement according to some - and now there are hundreds and thousands of links becaus eof Morrissey's denial!

Finally if you look at the writing style and the irony, there's a lot of evidence to suggest it could well be him. Or maybe someone he knows well.

I'm sure Moz would really go straight to his room after a triumphant final gig on the tour so far and link a Justin Beiber story on his blogspot. I would think even if he had retired, alone of course, his eyes would have been averted to the television screen as the words of Panic rung true in his line of vision.

Can you explain why noone decided to out Morrissey back in 2009 when he started doing this blog?

I'm sure Moz would really go straight to his room after a triumphant final gig on the tour so far and link a Justin Beiber story on his blogspot. I would think even if he had retired, alone of course, his eyes would have been averted to the television screen as the words of Panic rung true in his line of vision.

Can you explain why noone decided to out Morrissey back in 2009 when he started doing this blog?

You know, I just read the Bieber post on his blog. It's a disappointment. When he has been given an awesome chance to tout his blog he blows it. It's all so sad. Morrissey just may be losing his mind or something. The Bieber posts can only result in doubt. Now that he's talking about Bieber doing a Meat is Murder cover, I have to question it all again. One surprising thing I discovered is that nobody seems to really care whether it is his blog or not. I cannot, after this early morning SECOND Bieber post, really blame them. I'm jumping ship, I really couldn't be bothered with Morrissey anymore. f*** a Bieber cover, I'll come back only if he has another album to offer all of us. Bloody Bieber thing, it's all a big headache.

To answer your question about why didn't anyone 'out' Morrissey in 2009 (really good one too, by the way):

Simply because they didn't care then and they care even less now it seems.

You know, I just read the Bieber post on his blog. It's a disappointment. When he has been given an awesome chance to tout his blog he blows it. It's all so sad. Morrissey just may be losing his mind or something. The Bieber posts can only result in doubt. Now that he's talking about Bieber doing a Meat is Murder cover, I have to question it all again. One surprising thing I discovered is that nobody seems to really care whether it is his blog or not. I cannot, after this early morning SECOND Bieber post, really blame them. I'm jumping ship, I really couldn't be bothered with Morrissey anymore. f*** a Bieber cover, I'll come back only if he has another album to offer all of us. Bloody Bieber thing, it's all a big headache.

singleo.jpg

Jesus Christ, I can't believe people think the coincidences (shirt removal, Bieber blurb) mean it must be his blog rather than the more obvious truth -- he likes the blog. It's the reason he called attention to it on True To You some time back when it was relatively unknown. Nobody will convince me that Morrissey's own blog talks about some old Moz-solo user named Paul "ponging" exactly the same way a main page poster obsessed about over and over years ago.

Hint - Morrissey actually carries out some things that people ask him to do on these blogs. There was an official website with a message forum set up by Sanctuary Records around the time of the Quarry release (don't ask me what the url was, it's long gone). A very short time before the Manchester homecoming gig (captured on Who Put the M in Manchester?) I posted a message over there saying he should cover "My Way" because he was the rightful heir to that song. What's the first thing he does when he comes on stage at MEN Arena? Sing a few bars. There's no way he hadn't read that message, or had it read to him.

Admittedly much more of a stretch, but still -- on these very boards I was the first (and only?) person who said Morrissey had to work with Morricone the moment it was announced Ringleader would be recorded in Rome. Weeks (months?) later, it was so.

I can definitely picture Morrissey having a chuckle at some of the content on there and playing a bit of a self-reflexive game with it. Writing it? No. No....

Last edited:

I posted a message over there saying he should cover "My Way" because he was the rightful heir to that song. What's the first thing he does when he comes on stage at MEN Arena? Sing a few bars. There's no way he hadn't read that message, or had it read to him.

Admittedly much more of a stretch, but still -- on these very boards I was the first (and only?) person who said Morrissey had to work with Morricone the moment it was announced Ringleader would be recorded in Rome. Weeks (months?) later, it was so.

Man, and I thought I was delusional...

Tags
blog morrissey's world
Back
Top Bottom