Morri'Zine Author Article

Thanks for that. I always wondered what happened to Nicole. I know that she had her house broken into and a lot of equipment she used to publish Morri'Zine was stolen. I didn't know there were 30 issues, I'm missing a lot.

I do....

Thank you everyone for all the kind words about my Morri'Zine.

Viva Moz!
Nicole

Thanks for replying Nicole. Always interested to read about the old fanzines.
An equivalent in the UK was probably "Smiths Indeed", published by Mark Taylor in the late 80's, who had a similar mention HERE a few years ago (interesting to read that Morrissey phoned him after The Smiths split).
How did the interview with USA Today come about?

I recall, (fondly) standing in a record store on Melrose and thumbing through an issue of this looking at the photos. I could be remembering it incorrectly, it was an independent store. We were from Orange County and didn't have a Tower Records at the time (I think) so we'd journey up to Hollywood. I had no money, was along for the ride, but I'll never forget seeing the photos of him posing so sexy (maybe topless?) and me being almost afraid to look, but I couldn't close the magazine. :o Thanks for that memory.

Thanks for replying Nicole. Always interested to read about the old fanzines.
An equivalent in the UK was probably "Smiths Indeed", published by Mark Taylor in the late 80's, who had a similar mention HERE a few years ago (interesting to read that Morrissey phoned him after The Smiths split).
How did the interview with USA Today come about?

No disrespect to Nicole but Smiths Indeed was in a different league to the Morrizine....as was Sling Your Wife

Back
Top Bottom