Most overrated band/singers?

Silent Reader

On Timeout
On Timeout
I popped out this morning to do a bit of shopping (Tesco value white loaf, processed cheese, cheap beans full of weak juice) & whilst queueing with my fellow racists, that Coldplay song was on, the one where he ‘sings’ about ‘when I ruled the world’. I don’t know what it’s actually called & I don’t care.

The point is, in this humble posters opinion, it reminded me that Coldplay are the biggest pile of overrated, steaming shit I’ve ever encountered. A truly mediocre (at best) bunch of snowflake whiners with no decent tunes, propelled into fame because so many people love the bland music they’re told to love by The Guardian (which is course why our man has never really had the chart success he deserves).

So, it got me thinking, which bands/singers do people on here think are vastly overrated? I’m not talking people like, say, Little Mix, because they are what they are, a manufactured pop group. And in their particular case, fit as f***, so who cares what the music is like right?

I’m talking ‘serious’ bands who really think they’re ‘doing something’ with their music, but actually, they’re just shit. I.e. Coldplay.

Last edited:
I popped out this morning to do a bit of shopping (Tesco value white loaf, processed cheese, cheap beans full of weak juice) & whilst queueing with my fellow racists, that Coldplay song was on, the one where he ‘sings’ about ‘when I ruled the world’. I don’t know what it’s actually called & I don’t care.

The point is, in this humble posters opinion, it reminded me that Coldplay are the biggest pile of overrated, steaming shit I’ve ever encountered. A truly mediocre (at best) bunch of snowflake whiners with no decent tunes, propelled into fame because so many people love the bland music they’re told to love by The Guardian (which is course why our man has never really had the chart success he deserves).

So, it got me thinking, which bands/singers do people on here think are vastly overrated? I’m not talking people like, say, Little Mix, because they are what they are, a manufactured pop group. And in their particular case, fit as f***, so who cares what the music is like right?

I’m talking ‘serious’ bands who really think they’re ‘doing something’ with their music, but actually, they’re just shit. I.e. Coldplay.

A mate of mine went to see them five years ago, he was telling me how great it was and when you entered the venue you were given a wand and the lights on the wand changed in time to the music. WTF is that about. I liked their early stuff but then they disappeared up their own arseholes as proven by the wand story!

I put Coldplay sort of in the same category as REM...they were initially decent, but as time passed, and they were over-played (radio/TV etc.), they became, well, meh. Happens a lot with some bands. Sometimes less is more.

Shitplay would suit them better! You know I mentioned in the best debut thread that their debut 'Parachutes' was a really decent album and I had hopes for them but they veered away from that album's sound quite quickly and they are terrible now. They've absolutely had their heads turned by some dude in a suit with a sack full of dosh because they changed from an indie, melodic guitar band sound to some kinda mish mash of everything to appeal to kids "who don't know shit from clay".

Re; your shopping trip, you might want to go to Asda next time & get one of these (artisan Special Mediterranean Bread)

bread.JPG

I'd never set foot in an Asda though as the clientele are mostly dubious characters.
If I do ever need something from there, I usually get my driver to pop in while I stay protected in the car. :lbf:

Re; your shopping trip, you might want to go to Asda next time & get one of these (artisan Special Mediterranean Bread)

View attachment 65757

I'd never set foot in an Asda though as the clientele are mostly dubious characters.
If I do ever need something from there, I usually get my driver to pop in while I stay protected in the car. :lbf:
Delish!!!😋

View attachment 65757

That's just an unsliced white load with added tomato puree and leftover olives from the deli counter. What you want is a lovely artisanal sourdough made by an ear-hooped fop called 'Mungo.'

Or if your budget can stretch to it, Sainsbury's (my shop of choice) do one of these.
bread2.JPG

I'm still trying to work out if the circumflex is missing though...:cool:

Or if your budget can stretch to it, Sainsbury's (my shop of choice) do one of these.
View attachment 65758

I'm still trying to work out if the circumflex is missing though...:cool:
I'll bet that's not a real sourdough. Mass bakeries use some kind of lactic acid additive or something to fool the unsuspecting punter.

A band I hear on the Radio whenever they have a new single out that I've no idea who they appeal to are Maroon 5, really awful singer with the blandest lyrics..."Move like Jagger..." Aye right 🤮

A mate of mine went to see them five years ago, he was telling me how great it was and when you entered the venue you were given a wand and the lights on the wand changed in time to the music. WTF is that about. I liked their early stuff but then they disappeared up their own arseholes as proven by the wand story!
To be fair, a couple of their early ones weren’t too bad, that one where the video went backwards & the one Crazy Frog kept off number 1, they were passable. But yes, once they got really big they went awful. Around the same time he hooked up with Gwyneth Paltrow, thinking on it.

Perhaps it’s time for the public to ‘consciously uncouple’ from their music...

I put Coldplay sort of in the same category as REM...they were initially decent, but as time passed, and they were over-played (radio/TV etc.), they became, well, meh. Happens a lot with some bands. Sometimes less is more.
I agree, although not personally re REM. I thought they stayed pretty decent.

View attachment 65757

Thanks Mozmar, but I only buy cheap, own brand muck because I’m a racist peasant that drinks in flat roof pubs.

I didn’t actually buy any of those things, I only went out for milk & tobacco. Well, I bought the Mail & Viz as well, I’ll see if Foodie Bollocks is in it this month...

So @Radis Noir , I notice you posted on here, so do you have anyone in mind you think is overrated in the music industry? Or a best gig you went to, or a first Smiths/Morrissey record you bought?

I only ask because you were straight in on the bread comments, but not the actual topic.🤔

I’m not trying to taunt you, it’d just be nice to see you actually...take part.

Back
Top Bottom