Moz and teh drugkz

David, you don't actually have to change it. Its no big deal. Its time I change my whole set up anyway; pic and all. Perhaps I belong in the Cat Fight thread today haha.

And Corrissey, forgive my ignorance but what is this LP&H thing? I am not aware of this thing. Please explain or if I am a complete knob and should know this simple saying, feel free to alert me via pm. :rolleyes:

David, you don't actually have to change it. Its no big deal. Its time I change my whole set up anyway; pic and all. Perhaps I belong in the Cat Fight thread today haha.

And Corrissey, forgive my ignorance but what is this LP&H thing? I am not aware of this thing. Please explain or if I am a complete knob and should know this simple saying, feel free to alert me via pm. :rolleyes:

L P & H = Love, Peace and Harmony :)

If I call you a 'knob', will you join me at the catfight? :p

p.s. Don't go changin'... at least wait until we have your 1K party :)

L P & H = Love, Peace and Harmony :)

If I call you a 'knob', will you join me at the catfight? :p

p.s. Don't go changin'... at least wait until we have your 1K party :)

wow haha. I AM a knob. hahaha!

I guess I always just used the expression "Peace, Love, and Hanson" Once a Hanson fan, always a Hanson fan :)

and holy moly I had no idea I was closing in on 1k. "Dear God, please help me..." ;)

:D
If that doesn't warrant a beatdown then... :D lolz

(finally, we've found an uncommon thread between us ~ hahaha)

You know it had to happen, someday...haha.

But never say never. You could grow to love those adorable Hanson boys.

Morrissey said he's on medication in 80s and he often said getting old made his life easier and bearable.

What gives you an impression that he still hasn't got a soul mate?

I dont know, I guess the line in the other verse that goes "the woman of my dreams, she, she never came along"

the whole song gives me the impression that he feels pressure to find someone, because the 'pleasure' of being with someone is still avid even in his older age

did I really misinterpret the entire song? damn I thought this was one I totally understood, haha

:D

You know it had to happen, someday...haha.

But never say never. You could grow to love those adorable Hanson boys.

Well the middle one is kinda cute...but I work with three Hanson's (family members)... so that's as close as I'm gonna get :D

I don't care if Moz did 'drugkz' either. :p

So, what is he saying: he'd stop listening to Morrissey if he uses/used illegal drugs? I'm not seeing the connection... What if Morrissey smoked pot while visiting Amsterdam? It's not illegal there, so does that make it okay? Or if a doctor prescribes Oxycotin is that okay, or is it drugs purchased on the street he frowns upon?!

bizarre...

I'll do drugs with Moz any day. Life's too short to pass up being high with Morrissey and quizzing the shit out of him when he's high.

I would be like..."ok, Morrissey, I'm gonna start with the first album and we're gonna go song thru each song and you're gonna tell me what each song is about. Got it? Good!" :D

I'll do drugs with Moz any day. Life's too short to pass up being high with Morrissey and quizzing the shit out of him when he's high.

I would be like..."ok, Morrissey, I'm gonna start with the first album and we're gonna go song thru each song and you're gonna tell me what each song is about. Got it? Good!" :D

I LOVE THIS POST!

My thoughts exactly! I'd love to get off my face with Moz.

Last edited:
That was prescribed medication though; I think the poster was referring to the illegal variety.

Only mildly? I would be incredibly disappointed. I remember once, a poster on these forums (It may have been Worm, or nightandday?) made a list of the Smiths and the drugs they had used. It went something like -

Mike Joyce: mushrooms, acid, cocaine, marijuana, alcohol
Andy Rourke: heroin, acid, marijuana, alcohol
Johnny Marr: marijuana, cocaine, alcohol
Morrissey - Genius; tea and Lemsip.

I think that sums it up.

Sums what up? That the musicians in The Smiths were doing drugs while making some of the best pop albums of the '80s sounds like a point in favor of drugs. That the lyricist/singer is a bit of a puritan doesn't mean much, as there's a long list of some of history's best artists (including writers Morrissey could only dream of being in the same league with) who did fistfulls of drugs each day.

BTW, I find it impossible to believe Marr hasn't done a much longer list of drugs than those. Certainly ecstasy and acid.

Sums what up? That the musicians in The Smiths were doing drugs while making some of the best pop albums of the '80s sounds like a point in favor of drugs. That the lyricist/singer is a bit of a puritan doesn't mean much, as there's a long list of some of history's best artists (including writers Morrissey could only dream of being in the same league with) who did fistfulls of drugs each day.

I know that, I was more meaning that if Morrissey had done vast quantities of drugs during the Smiths then I would have less respect for his songwriting and his natural talent.

BTW, I find it impossible to believe Marr hasn't done a much longer list of drugs than those. Certainly ecstasy and acid.

I'm sure he has; I was copying a section of a previous post in order to illustrate a point, and I don't have the time in the day to list all the drugs Marr has ever taken :p. Btw, when did he do acid?

I recall reading in the Severed Alliance that Morrissey left a recording session (Bath?) on a whim one morning to head back to Manchester after listening to Andy, Johnny and Mike's antics, whilst on acid, the previous night (playing soccer outside his window, or something?). Anybody got more info? I don't own the book, unfortunately, though I have read it.

Back
Top Bottom