Moz on Dermot O'Leary, Radio 2: 30/4/11 3pm

Dermot O'Weary is trying hard to play the hardball interviewer, which is noble, but it's only semi-effective. I think he's got more out of Moz than John Wilson on Front Row did, Moz seems a bit more playful and as the interview progresses he's dodging the questions less and less. Or maybe Dermot is just asking better and more loose questions, who knows. Very interesting all the same.

Ooooh, "Interlude".

I wonder if this is the first time it has ever been played on any BBC radio station!

The version of Siouxie duet was fairly often played earlier this months on BBC 6 Music, but this version must be the first air-play.

Chances of a Dunoon cancellation suddenly rising...:p

Hmmm.

Some of that seemed quite jolly.

Some of that seemed a bit...awkward.

The revelation about an album being ready goes to show that nobody knows anything...despite what they may say on forums like this!

some interesting little snippets, particularly about the new material.
Dermot incredibly annoying, all the way through.
No surprises...

I really enjoyed it. I think they got on ok, we got some info and i laughed a few times....now back to that relegation battle.

Does this mean he has already recorded the album?

No label? So this means that the deal to reissue his back catalog with EMI WASN'T for the purpose of securing a one-off deal for a new studio album? Well that's..troubling. :(

I laughed myself silly, this was a GEM,
lovely to hear Moz running circles round that ejit Dermot. (the meltdown bit was a huge clanger though)

Hmmm.

Some of that seemed quite jolly.

Some of that seemed a bit...awkward.

The revelation about an album being ready goes to show that nobody knows anything...despite what they may say on forums like this!

Adam Ant knew.

Re: Strange/unexpected Moz references?

I'm not able to listen to this until tomorrow as I'm at work, but it sounds fun from what everyones said. Especially good news about the new songs! :)

No label? So this means that the deal to reissue his back catalog with EMI WASN'T for the purpose of securing a one-off deal for a new studio album? Well that's..troubling. :(

I concur...maybe that WAS the plan but the poor sales of the remasters made them think twice about investing the millions it is going to take to fund and promote a new album.

I concur...maybe that WAS the plan but the poor sales of the remasters made them think twice about investing the millions it is going to take to fund and promote a new album.

Surely someone at EMI would have anticipated this? I mean, do they really expect to reel in THAT much from the remasters?

so I followed the link and was afraid I would have to wade through 3 hours of it to find the interview parts :cool:
then I saw a link to a 20 some odd minute file which I assumed was just the interview :confused:
I could not listen to that one, of course :rolleyes:, when I clicked on it, the screen suddenly said:
"not available in your area" :eek:
I guess thats what I get for living in the good old USofA :squiffy:
still, thx 4 the link Bennie :thumb: at least we tried :o

Back
Top Bottom