MozQuiz

• Thread starter Duncan the Shammy
  • Start date
D

Duncan the Shammy

Here's a teaser. Morrissey (with the Smiths or solo) has released songs whose titles begin with every letter of the alphabet except for 3. Which three letters have not been used up yet?

(Just to clarify, song titles beginning 'The' are classified as starting with 'T')

Just something to ponder over your cornflakes or your cocoa depending on where in the world you are.

A Stitch To Wear

Correct! For a bonus...

...which 2 other letters (or 3 if you think instrumentals don't count) didn't he use until his solo career?

A Stitch To Wear

E, K ... and O (for the 'if you think instrumentals don't count' bit) ??

Re: Q X Z

Q,X and Z?

Surely you're forgetting

Quicker In A Tutu

Xylophoney

and

Zorro Will Come In The End

Re: E, K ... and O (for the 'if you think instrumentals don't count' bit) ??

Very Correct. And quite odd, considering that 'E' is the most common letter in the English language. Perhaps it was his protest against the rave scene...

A Stitch To Wear

and what about: Everyday is like sunday and Oh well i'll never learn??

and "Kit", but maybe that one doesn't count, since it hasn't been released yet

Re: and what about: Everyday is like sunday and Oh well i'll never learn??

Duncan The Shammy's follow-up question (the one to which I answered E,K and O) was "...which 2 other letters (or 3 if you think instrumentals don't count) didn't he use ***until his solo career** There are a number of Morrissey solo songs starting with E, O and K as well as the ones you mentioned - "East West" (if you count cover versions) "Our Frank", "Ouija Board Ouija Board", "Oh Phoney" (if you count unreleased songs) "King Leer" etc. - but I don't think there are any Smiths ones ? (except "Oscillate Wildly" which is covered by Duncan The Shammy's qualification - "or 3 if you think instrumentals don't count.)