Music Week: "Johnny Marr signs new worldwide album deal with BMG" (August 3, 2021)

:)

:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: is doing 2 tiny 2 hr solo unsold out 'warmup'gigs for
his 3o min opening set for the Cvnteers:lbf:
where nobody will know who he is or bother to watch.
his docile trolls think this makes perfect sense:handpointleft:
:hammer:

Yes, I should have added, the Marr compositions would be instrumental
layers of acoustic instruments, sparse and orchestrated.
Something like Money changes everything then :)
Yes, I once saw two people busking
in a park with just violin and acoustic guitar and it sounded so good, and I was thinking if Morrissey was singing on top of that. Just dreaming.
Makes me think of Angel, angel down we go together- that was fantasti.

Something like Money changes everything then :)

Was thinking less studio processing/effects closer to BackTTOHouse, but instrumental, more stripped down...

didn’t know the Bert Jansch song Nothing Lady influenced Unhappy Birthday, at least the intro.

Makes me think of Angel, angel down we go together- that was fantasti.

But wishing more intimate instrumentally.

We wouldn't even know Johnny's name if not for the iconic Morrissey. Same thing with Queen. Freddie Mercury was Queen.

We wouldn't even know Johnny's name if not for the iconic Morrissey. Same thing with Queen. Freddie Mercury was Queen.

At least Brian May was a passably good singer - and not a bad songwriter back in the day, before he met Anita Dobson.

I guess it’s a given many of the venues are too big—the simple act of seeing becomes problematic, especially with kids. Plus, he simply doesn’t have an enthused energetic audience anymore—though as many here tend to head for the front they might not notice.

I saw The Stone Roses at Leeds Arena a year before I saw Morrissey there and the former reminded me what could be achieved (with the right set-list, lighting, and visuals) even in the most cavernous venues. Morrissey didn’t come close to generating the excitement The Roses achieved there.

Twenty-One Pilots set Wembley Stadium on fire, even though I was only taking my kid I got into it—the band had a sensibility for performance which recognised the huge environment and I could see that everyone (even other reluctant parents) felt involved.

Imagine Dragons played songs on two separate stages, at the O2 Arena—a strategy which recognised and addressed the challenge of scale.

Elbow (Bristol Downs) had a tremendous warmth and spontaneity which I could feel worked the audience.

And a good support act does no harm at all—in terms of adding value and creating some energy before the headline.

I’ve seen George Benson and Frankie Valli at massive concerts relatively recently (proper stars, I’d say) and they seemed to shrink the venues to the size civic halls. You could’ve almost believed they were there to enjoy seeing the fan base—rather than to let the fans see them.

It’s fifteen years since I’ve seen Morrissey absolutely nail it, live (Paris, 2006). I’ve been to around ten gigs since then, and the only one which came close was Cardiff Motorpoint 2015 (?). Although the dire opening act did their best to ruin that one too.
Yeah. I'd argue that the audiences at almost all rock and roll shows benefit from being closer to the stage, but it's become a must as Morrissey's performances have declined in recent years. Curious as it may seem, his charm really doesn't extend beyond the orchestra section. I've been hoping that the bad press and "declining fanbase" would nudge him into doing a series of two or three night stands at small, sweaty clubs, but that doesn't seem to be something he's interested in.

johnboy is now a support act with groups that couldnt clean the smiths boots,as long as hes happy playing to a half empty arenas till the main act arrives.bitter ye not,why dont you stick to marr.com and stop infecting this site with your seating plans and info from google which you obviously did for your last post.
Can't wrap my head around someone who thinks like this. Just can't do it.

“New town velocity”

Very odd view from Gordy a half empty arena on a Killers tour is playing in front of up to 10ooo people, so pretty good for Johnny. Some other mong reckons not many people will be watching Johnny at Old Trafford supporting Courteeners, clearly they have no idea that Johnny's a Manchester icon.

Last edited:
I think he should have joined the Pet Shop Boys. He could stand behind the curtain and play wah-wah guitar. That Behaviour album is great.
o_O

FC maybe Le:frogface: can join that sucky 'Sparks' group and make one of those suco one line songs.
'There is a comet in outer space
There is a comet in the soup"

Johnny shouldn't have mentioned that awful cartoon episode unless he was prepared to say something intelligent about it. That was a f***ing horrible deception. If Brandy Flowers gets to sing Charming man again Ill be furious. Johnnys son is an asscrack. I am glad there will be shows again though.

Very odd view from Gordy a half empty arena on a Killers tour is playing in front of up to 10ooo people, so pretty good for Johnny. Some other mong reckons not many people will be watching Johnny at Old Trafford supporting Courteeners, clearly they have no idea that Johnny's a Manchester icon.
Please stop using that word. It's deeply offensive to people with Downs Syndrome friends and family.

because this is a morrissey site and not a smiths site, anybody wants to speak about johnboy then go to his site.and before you say he was an important part of morrisseys musical history then so was joyce and rourke and those two are invisible men around here.

because this is a morrissey site and not a smiths site, anybody wants to speak about johnboy then go to his site.and before you say he was an important part of morrisseys musical history then so was joyce and rourke and those two are invisible men around here.
For f***'s sake, Gordy. Joyce and Rourke would be talked about had they had careers to speak of, which they do not have. But feel free to start a thread about them, might be fun. And if you have a problem with Marr being discussed, take it up with the administrators, like @Famous when dead, see what they say.

I know you're just trying to be provocative, however. No one could otherwise be this ignorant.

You're wrong -

This site is unofficial and not affiliated with Morrissey.

Morrissey-solo is an open forum for fans of Morrissey and The Smiths to share and discuss related information.

The site was created by davidt (David Tseng / [email protected]) and is maintained with help from moderators and users that contribute to the site. I have been a fan since 1986 when I was a junior in high school. I'm currently a web developer in Los Angeles.

correct, if :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: was such an 'icon':lbf:
in manchester he would have his own forum.
(fun fact: he is totally unknown there as elsewhere:lbf:)
but he has but maybe 6 docile annoying troll 'fans'
who spam Moz sites(n)
local Manc media has never heard
of him and is relegated at 60 yrs old to play
libraries:lbf:

Please stop using that word. It's deeply offensive to people with Downs Syndrome friends and family.
the usual suspects on here cant help themselves.

correct, if :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: was such an 'icon':lbf:
in manchester he would have his own forum.
(fun fact: he is totally unknown there as elsewhere:lbf:)
but he has but maybe 6 docile annoying troll 'fans'
who spam Moz sites(n)
local Manc media has never heard
of him and is relegated at 60 yrs old to play
libraries:lbf:

Hey! Let’s play a game. As of NOW you’re not allowed to use the word ‘docile’ or write fiction-based posts again. If you do, you’re out. Wanna play? Or shall I say, do you DARE to play?

You're wrong -

This site is unofficial and not affiliated with Morrissey.

Morrissey-solo is an open forum for fans of Morrissey and The Smiths to share and discuss related information.

The site was created by davidt (David Tseng / [email protected]) and is maintained with help from moderators and users that contribute to the site. I have been a fan since 1986 when I was a junior in high school. I'm currently a web developer in Los Angeles.

Correct.

But the thing is, there is an imbalance as far as choices go in discussing Johnny Marr particularly his solo work.
Marr does have a fan base, but for some reason there isn’t a site for Marr that is the equivalent of this site.

I’m thinking one of the reasons for this is, that among his fan base the music he has done after The Smiths has not had a large or strong enough impact on enough or even a handful of his fans for them to even bother with creating a proper fan site for all things Marr.
I mean, besides money, what would it take for Marr fans to create a proper site for him? if his Smiths and solo work isn’t enough, then, what is?

What do you folks think the reason is?

Tags
bmg johnny mar
Back
Top Bottom