"My minor role in Morrissey’s latest outburst" by Joshua Surtees - The Guardian

• Thread starter Deleted member 29235
  • Start date
My minor role in Morrissey’s latest outburst - The Guardian
By Joshua Surtees

"I was invited by the singer’s manager to the Hollywood Bowl concert where he donned the notorious T-shirt"

Joshua Surtees details how Peter Katsis invited him to follow Morrissey's US tour, how he (Surtees) struggled to find a publication to take the story, and when he did, Morrissey then refused him an interview.

Then, finally, a breakthrough came. GQ, the well-respected, glossy men’s mag, said that if Morrissey agreed to a full interview, it would publish it. It seemed the perfect fit. Everything was in place. I got my US work visa, agreed to Morrissey’s amended timetable – not the first week of the tour as first promised, but the final date at the Hollywood Bowl.

And then? Morrissey refused to grant an interview.

full

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh dear, Morrissey refused an interview set up by his manager. I wonder if he'll be shopping for a new manager and a new label after this whole "Ill Will Tour".

It’s currently 7am in the UK and Skinny has not commented on this.
Might be worth sending a police patrol round to check he’s ok, this isn’t like him.

Might be worth sending a police patrol round to check he’s ok, this isn’t like him.
#prayforskinny

The manager is entirely to blame here. Not Joshua - an innocent bystander and a mediocre BLOGGER.

Epic fail. I'd have fired him. But thats me. I do a lot of firing.

Love to my sweet Steve. Come back to me, darling. I miss you.

Last edited:
Would it have been a fair interview? Who knows.
Why did his manager arrange it when morrissey said he wouldn't be doing any more after Der Spiegel?

That was nearly as pointless an article as Morrissey's current career.

f***ing hell. Journalist gets cancelled on. Wowee.

Once again Morrissey his manager and all that goes with it come off looking absolutely repulsive, despicable low intelligent marketeering clowns. Yuk.

he cant get his straight jacket off.

This seems to be the type of petty attack Morrissey would make. I'm sure Ketamine Sun would describe this as a giggle.

Morrissey lays down challenge. Journalist accepts said challenge. Morrissey changes the parameters of the original agreement The journalist holds fast. Morrissey refuses the interview opting instead to wear a t-shirt lambasting a newspaper the journalist sometimes works for.

This is Morrissey's revenge - served in an ill-fitting t-shirt that makes him look like a flat-chested granny.

This is how utterly pathetic and vengeful Morrissey is. No wonder he supports right-wing politics, he's about as nasty as they come.

So, basically it was all a ruse to string him along, make him come to America and the Hollywood Bowl, and all the while Moz and Katpiss knew fully well that they weren’t going to offer him any interview? What, are we 12?

he cant get his straight jacket off.

No, I think he's burnt out...I noticed he'd been replying on another thread (the rapper one) at 04:50 (sicko)...probably gone back to bed for a couple of hours kip. Tiring all this trolling.
He'll be back after he's had his kebab & done the prayers thing down with the mosque-ites.
After all, he's got f*** all else to do with his life other than troll on here. :crazy:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom