Myspace, Facebook, Bebo, & other party-line sites...

Mozzy1

On air now, the radio station, NJ101.5 is discussing these sites & whether or not people have used them for real friends/work-related issues/social networking, etc.

However, every call that has been portrayed ALL had indicated that people that used them also cheated on their current spouse and/or partner or were involved in twisted relationships. It's indicated that psychological studies are going to be formulated on how this is an aspect to peoples relations, interesting.

Likewise, it was also listed that the people on those sites, have had more "difficulties" in social situations b/c of friend's posts on their and/or situations discussed on them.

What do you think of these sites?
Have you ever "had trouble" on them?
Have you ever "been fooled" by thinking that someone liked you on their only to find out it was a false profile/inclinations from them?

This discussion shed light on the important subjects too, of: maturity, professionalism, judgementalism, discrimination, trust, security & jealousy.

I can't believe all of this came from computer websites like these!

i have a myspace and a facebook,i dont like facebook but i keep it as i know a few of my friends on it do not use myspace.
i have made friends off of myspace but the day i use it for a dating site is the day i kill myself.

Curious, i only use facebook to talk to my friends, and occassionally slap them about the face with wet fish.

I had a myspace and facebook, but I had some trouble on them, so I deleted them both. It only distracted me from important stuff anyways, unlike another website I could name :rolleyes:

I use myspace. Haven't had any troubles with it, expect from being approached by men having a vast collection of female "friends". :p

I have myspace & facebook and I only have friends on there that I know.....

i have a facebook that i have to keep in touch with mainly people i know "irl" (but also a few people i speak to online) and i use myspace for my modelling and to keep track of events. i've had about 9,000 myspaces as i usually get hassle on there so have to keep moving on. at the moment i'm getting hassle off an ex (and yes, i've blocked him but he then just makes another profile) and so i'm thinking about deleting it and not using myspace.

i have a facebook that i have to keep in touch with people i know "irl" and i use myspace for my modelling and to keep track of events. i've had about 9,000 myspaces as i usually get hassle on there so have to keep moving on. at the moment i'm getting hassle off an ex (and yes, i've blocked him but he then just makes another profile) and so i'm thinking about deleting it and not using myspace.

:tears:

but you are my hottest myspace friend.:tears:

Have you ever "been fooled" by thinking that someone liked you on their only to find out it was a false profile/inclinations from them?

Instead of thinking that, think of it as a way to meet friends instead. Not everyone is out to make fun of you or hurt you. I know sometimes you get mean comments here, and maybe that's contributed to your fear of being decieved by people. Don't worry, Mozzy1, if you want badly enough to be happy eventually you will be.

Start thinking glass half full, not half empty, and see if anything changes.

Hi,

To respond to this...I'm going out here w/ my honesty again. This is the truth. I've never had Facebook or Bebo. Yet, I've used several other sites for dating and no, I am not a woman looking for "friends w/ benefits".

The worst experience I had at Myspace forcing me to delete my account, consisted of people creating a false profile of a man named Dave. He & I corresponded for a while, yet, just talk of light banter. We discussed meeting up b/c he knew I was coming to the UK. We made plans to meet at the Star & Garter. However, as the time approached, he deleted his account. I then, was approached confidentially in several PMs in the chatroom which the people told me in them that it was all a big, cruel, awful joke. I was totally & truly heartbroken b/c he was so "nice" & "real" to me & we had such great times there. It was one of the most cruelest things people EVER did to me from this site, likewise the piggish names I've been called b/c of my looks.

From that experience & remembering how cruel some people in the chatroom from this site could be w/ connections that I had to delete the account due to my job too, I decided it was time to delete them all & rise above the immaturity.

If I'm totally honest here, deleting my accounts was the BEST thing I could've done not only for my peace & sanity but also to gain more of a life by going out & enjoying it. Plus too, w/ my age & my career, certain sites are deemed as unprofessional. I mean, sure, I go on band's forums but, that's it. I have a busy, active life now, alternatively, going against these sites, it's great!!!

>>>>>>Cassius, you're right as I've been really, really trying hard to see the glass as half-full. Tonight, I'm taking a risk & going out to a meet-up at a bar for which I don't even want to go to. However, I'm going w/ the positive attitude that I have every right to be there as those people, I'm capable of love & being loved & I'm not looking for anything but a good time.... thanks.

In the future, if I do meet someone on that site meaning, if he's uses it. I'm not a jealous, bitter or suspicious person. He can go there until his heart's content however, if his time goes into "our" time & how it affects it all, then, maybe he should limit it. I don't force my beliefs, morals or values on anyone. Or, if I find out he cheats w/ someone from there, that's another issue too.

Lastly, I will like to admit that I do miss my old friends from that site but, if they'd like to get in contact w/ me, I'm here & on other forums they know I frequent from which they know about. lol

Cheers!

Last edited:
Tonight, I'm taking a risk & going out to a meet-up at a bar for which I don't even want to go to. However, I'm going w/ the positive attitude that I have every right to be there as those people, I'm capable of love & being loved & I'm not looking for anything but a good time.

good work.

Hi,

To respond to this...I'm going out here w/ my honesty again. This is the truth. I've never had Facebook or Bebo. Yet, I've used several other sites for dating and no, I am not a woman looking for "friends w/ benefits".

The worst experience I had at Myspace forcing me to delete my account, consisted of people creating a false profile of a man named Dave. He & I corresponded for a while, yet, just talk of light banter. We discussed meeting up b/c he knew I was coming to the UK. We made plans to meet at the Star & Garter. However, as the time approached, he deleted his account. I then, was approached confidentially in several PMs in the chatroom which the people told me in them that it was all a big, cruel, awful joke. I was totally & truly heartbroken b/c he was so "nice" & "real" to me & we had such great times there. It was one of the most cruelest things people EVER did to me from this site, likewise the piggish names I've been called b/c of my looks.

From that experience & remembering how cruel some people in the chatroom from this site could be w/ connections that I had to delete the account due to my job too, I decided it was time to delete them all & rise above the immaturity.

If I'm totally honest here, deleting my accounts was the BEST thing I could've done not only for my peace & sanity but also to gain more of a life by going out & enjoying it. Plus too, w/ my age & my career, certain sites are deemed as unprofessional. I mean, sure, I go on band's forums but, that's it. I have a busy, active life now, alternatively, going against these sites, it's great!!!

>>>>>>Cassius, you're right as I've been really, really trying hard to see the glass as half-full. Tonight, I'm taking a risk & going out to a meet-up at a bar for which I don't even want to go to. However, I'm going w/ the positive attitude that I have every right to be there as those people, I'm capable of love & being loved & I'm not looking for anything but a good time.... thanks.

In the future, if I do meet someone on that site meaning, if he's uses it. I'm not a jealous, bitter or suspicious person. He can go there until his heart's content however, if his time goes into "our" time & how it affects it all, then, maybe he should limit it. I don't force my beliefs, morals or values on anyone. Or, if I find out he cheats w/ someone from there, that's another issue too.

Lastly, I will like to admit that I do miss my old friends from that site but, if they'd like to get in contact w/ me, I'm here & on other forums they know I frequent from which they know about. lol

Cheers!

What they did to you was horribly cruel and awful. I just can't imagine how sick one has to be to "joke" someone like that. YET I think it's something you ask for. Not literally, but with your attitude, the things you say etc. You expose yourself too much. It's like you want to be a victim.

As for tonight, good luck, chill out and have fun! :)

Someone very close to me revealed that they were cheating on their spouse through Bebo. I thought that this woman had the perfect marriage and I was absolutely devastated to hear what she'd been up to.

I think if you have any problems in your relationships that social networking sites can exascerbate things and make having an affair easy and make it small baby steps that are easily rationalized each time.

That said, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that if you keep a bit of distance from drama that occurs in public internet places, it can be a good sort of a practice for devloping relationships for people who may have trouble out there in the real world.

Get it? Don't know if I explained that properly.

I just deleted my account on Facebook today. I don't even know why I made an account in the first place (social pressue, anyone?), but it got so f***in annoying, I mean the way everybody exposes their lives for everyone-else to see (and expects someone to care). For f***s sake, nobody cares what you ate for lunch! :doh:

Back
Top Bottom