Name Morrissey's ideal band

Re: for your interest

I'm not satisfied with your answer.

Your opinion about Johnny Marr is unfairly lower than avarage.

Some people already pointed out that Johnny went to see Morrissey at the right time which made them instantly brought out each other's talent.

Kewpie, I have an extremely high opinion of Marr. I described him as a 'very good or great' guitarist and a songwriter of similar standing. I just think Morrissey is considerably more talented is all. Marr is great, Moz is a genius. That's just how I see it.

Finally worked out who Bailiff is - it's Broken. A) he knows vast amounts of Moz trivia and B) he's always banging on about Bernard effing Butler!
If Butler is such a genius, why was his solo album (s?) so dire?
And, more recently, why was the Tears album so duff?
He's a vaguely respected producer but, really, producers make very little difference - it's mainly about the songs. Think of the huge variation in quality between Vauxhall, Southpaw and Maladjusted - all produced by Steven Lillywhite.

As Morrissey has said quite a few times producers make an enormous difference. I can't put my finger on the exact recent interview but Moz was quite clear that they are not useless. That is if we are talking about Morrissey albums then these are the words from the man himself :)

btw what is this vast chasm of difference in quality we're supposed to be hearing in Lillywhite's production across these 3 albums? It's not the production that separates Vauxhall from the other 2 and while I'm at it most of Mozzer's albums.

It's how he was feeling when he wrote the words and we all know how he was feeling during that time. These feelings put that tenderness and depth into Vauxhall.

SPG was not tender in the slightest and Maladjusted was lacking in my opinion because of song selection. Had it been comprised of:

Maladjusted
Alma Matters
He Cried
I can have both
The edges are no longer parallel
Heir apparent
Trouble loves me
Pap smear Jack
Wide to receive
Lost
Ambitious Outsiders

it would have been more memorable I think.

Yes this was a thread about band members but we've had plenty of those and we all know who his best line up was :)

Last edited:

:rolleyes:

Morrissey
Marr
Joyce
Rourke
(Gannon on the bench:thumb:)

Jukebox Jury

Aw geez someone wants the smiths to reform. How original.

Sure Joyce can be on drums as long as it's his head being used as a drum by Matt Walker and his sticks! :lbf:

Well your contribution has been greatly appreciated. Thank you.

You're welcome.

Present Morrissey's players are excellent. I don't know why you made a thread like this. I respect you and your opinion, guy - I just don't think it's necessary to chose other musians.

Guitar and backing vocals- Whyte
Guitar- Marr
Bass- Rourke
Drums- Matt Walker
Keyboards- Farrell

Aw geez someone wants the smiths to reform. How original.

er, wrong actually - as someone who saw The Smiths, I have no desire to see them reform.
The question was 'your ideal band for Morrissey' and that is my ideal band.

Jukebox Jury

er, wrong actually - as someone who saw The Smiths, I have no desire to see them reform.
The question was 'your ideal band for Morrissey' and that is my ideal band.

Jukebox Jury

So your ideal band for Morrissey is the Smiths? God I hope Mozzer doesn't read this thread :)

Producer: ENO

Keyboards : STEVE NIEVE

Guitar: VINI REILLY

Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra (arranged by Morricone)

Female Vocals : ALISON GOLDFRAPP

Ambient is what we need.

Morrissey
Marr
Joyce
Rourke

if that cant happen:

Morrissey
Whyte
Boz
Gary
Spencer

Butler is better than Marr these days. The guitars of Butler and Boz and the songs of Butler, Whyte and Boz would take Morrissey to the promised land.

So your ideal band for Morrissey is the Smiths? God I hope Mozzer doesn't read this thread :)

1) sorry for having an opinion that differs from yours:rolleyes:
2) Like he would be best pleased reading any other thread on this site:rolleyes:

Jukebox Jury

Vocals - himself
Guitar - Marr

The rest - irrelevant, pretty much anybody.

Vocals - himself
Guitar - Marr

The rest - irrelevant, pretty much anybody.

Alain Whyte, surely? And Marr is now playing with The Cribs...that says it all! It's boring when everyone goes on about Marr. He's moved on so Morrissey fans need to!

Alain Whyte, surely? And Marr is now playing with The Cribs...that says it all! It's boring when everyone goes on about Marr. He's moved on so Morrissey fans need to!

Well said, gimp. Here's a marsh mallow piece as a reward. Open wide now...

Back
Top Bottom