New Balls Please: The Case Of The Missing Balls - Peter Katsis via Morrissey Official FB

New Balls Please
The Case of the Missing Balls

- By P. Katsis

Ho Hum……..another boring day, another boring story in The Guardian about Morrissey.

How long ago was that comment about Mr Robinson? More than a month ago?

And The Guardian are still writing about it?

Must be sad for the editors to know they need to write about Morrissey in order to have anyone buy or read their shit paper.

Must be even more disappointing for them that the event they helped back in Manchester on Sunday night was a complete failure.

No one attended.

Bottom line is Morrissey doesn’t need Mr Lee, or The Guardian, for anything.

He is still doing quite fine, even in the UK.

At this point The Guardian could not be more predictable. More insignificant to the music audience. I did not think that possible to be honest.

Most folks know The Guardian has had it out for M for years now.

And most folks realize that when the Guardian prints a headline saying Former Morrissey fans plan an anti-racist rally, …..
that nobody involved with planning the rally was an ex-Morrissey fan.

The Guardian is but one thing.

Where are the music writers who actually have balls? Are there any contrarians left out there?

Anyone that appreciates that an artist actually has any opinions at all?

Or still writes socially conscious lyrics in his music?

We all hate Trump over here, but I’d like to think we are not all mindless idiots with the same cookie-cutter opinions on every subject.

Since when do the N.M.E. and Noisey agree with The Guardian about anything?

Where has the “Underground" gone?

Plus let’s face it…...

Despite what you think of his political opinions, has anyone known Morrissey to have actually committed a crime?

Or even been accused of committing any crimes?

Do you really think he backs everything that Tommy Robinson believes? Or just his thoughts on Immigration?

When he talks about The Chinese being a sub-species, is he really talking about the Chinese people??

Or is he more than likely making reference to the Chinese government and their unforgivable treatment of animals?

When he starts a comment off by declaring that he hates rape, and hates to hear that anyone has to deal with abuse…..

is he really backing up Kevin Spacey like every headline posted???

Or was he saying it was unlikely that particular 14 year old didn’t suspect what he was getting into by going to that room?

By making any commentary, does Morrissey deserve the same treatment by the press as Kevin Spacey, Harvey Weinstein, R Kelly, or Brand New?

People that have actually been accused rape and abuse?

So why does he get included with all of them? Because his opinions deserve that inclusion? Give me a break.

How come there is never a voice raised to point out the obvious?

Because the bottom line is it’s always a better headline when an editor hand picks the parts of the comment that implies the worst.

Certainly controversy has always been king, but never so much as it is now in this “click bait” world that we live in.

Controversy pays off big. So who are we kidding? It’s clear these editors have their agenda set. Pure capitalism.

And if you are a “Has-Been Haslam” type, and you have a book coming out, then….. why not take a shot?

The press will cover it and you’ll get some attention you can’t get any other way.

Smarter people are hopefully not fooled by that kind of crap, but…..some people only read the headlines, and…...

...what’s sad is if folks read enough of those headlines they almost become fact in the ether of today’s version of “the truth”.

Of course I have to admit I’m just a Yank so I can’t even pretend to be an expert on the UK press or British politics.

Although it certainly appeared to be a very interesting day in politics in London yesterday.

The world is a mess right now. Plenty of liberals have mixed opinions for the first time.

And certainly in this age of political correctness and #metoo it would be best to say nothing.

But from this outsiders view, and what no one seems willing to say, is that the UK press seems to have lost their balls somewhere.

Has anyone seen them? - PK

Save the messenger shooting please.
Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do these people not understand?
When you find yourself in a hole stop f***ing digging.
If you think you're in a hole?
What you should have done is keep the head up keep shtum, and keep peddling the bike.
Played the gigs, nothing was ever going to happen because of Mr Haslam's tea party.
Front it out and keep on keeping on. but these randoms spouting the official line is just embarrassing.
Nah. THAT would take balls. ...and Morrissey is like a f***ing 8 year old in a schoolyard that spouts shit, runs away and then plays the victim card when he’s called out in it.

Why do you post photos in the food thread that always look like regurgitated vomit? I guess because you started it, and because you feel like it.

This is true. I post only if it applies to the topic and/or is in direct response to an original post whether there is "an audience" for it or not. So do many others here and they are the ones whose posts I like to read the most.

If I were to ever receive a response to something I post from someone whose words I value, then that would mean something, otherwise it is just the meaningless drivel of those incapable of doing anything other than take pot shots at those who have something to add to the discussion.

Aight aight here to represent this is my 50 cent I am swedish not some descent from a country where cars come with a dent.
I might be a fool stop your drool you've never seen this big a tool fool
Yo think I'm trippin I ain't dippin
I keep it clean I know what I put it in
I hear ya'll cursing me and calling me names
why would I care when my butler's name is James
no not the band you sucker he have no hair
he not going anywhere
I have a stash that is anyone's envy
yeah I know you see me as your enemy
but let me tell you straight cause I ain't queer
I finish a bottle of beer and it's not gonna end up in me not anywhere
this is urbanus signing off from sweden
call me if you need some weed swede

As manager, shouldn't he devote his time to working out those "tour logistics" rather than act as Moz's mouthpiece? Just sayin', this rant bores the tits off me. Why does Mr. Katnip need to clarify Moz's statements? Can't he do that himself? Is Moz now that inarticulate?

Anyway, here's a few laughable Katnip statements:

- "We all hate Trump over here, but I’d like to think we are not all mindless idiots with the same cookie-cutter opinions on every subject." Erm, what exactly are you implying here? If "we all over here" hate Trump, aren't "we" i.e "everyone" agreeing on a massively important point?

- "Plenty of liberals have mixed opinions for the first time." What? Does he identify with Conservatives and is casting stones at Liberals for riding the fence or is this a moment of self-reflection as a Liberal? I couldn't be more confused.

Bottom line, I'm not going to burn/smash/discard my Moz/Smiths merch anytime soon as much as I disagree with many of Moz's recent political rants. I still wear my Moz shirts in public, buy his CDs and go to his shows. And I'll continue to read the Guardian online, Moz and Mr. Katnip be damned!

Soo, you know it all whore types are allowed to talk crap about Morrissey non stop 24/7 but his manager can't stick up for him?

f$cking facists, go suck it.

As much as I like Moz, Katnips comments about what Moz meant when he said 'the chinese are a sub species' is a load of bollox. You don't get to rewrite history.

Yes, I agree. Morrissey wasn’t referring to the Chinese government or all Chinese people, he was referring to the people in China who practice such gruesome and barbaric acts against other animals. A bit clumsy ? yes, some would say careless, but M being M and feeling as strongly as he does on this subject is only GIVING A VOICE TO THE VOICELESS IN ANY WAY HE CAN.

MeToo is not scary but it is very stupid as we live in a democracy where the courts deal with things not any lefties mob out there.
Surely you know by now women used it to get rid of some men but here in Sweden it did not work so for once Sweden was a great example to the rest of the world.
MeToo was a pathetic attempt from feminists hating white men to get one over them and it was fake news on a whole new level never seen before.
You sound like Trump. Or any other conspiratorial populist rightwinger.

Sure, we live in a democracy. But the whole point was to shine a light on the vast number of unrecorded cases and encourage women too afraid to speak up. If the police or the judicial system don’t know what has been going on then it doesn’t matter if we live in a democracy or not.
The only ones who made a mess out of MeToo was the media. There was too much of a witch hunt going on.

The replies on FB are an utter car crash for Katsis. Sorry, Morrissey. The detractors outnumber the supporters by about 20:1 as I counted just now. How to f*** up the last vestige of your remaining support in one easy lesson. But don't take my word for it - go and have a look for yourself. It's all there, in all it's glory.

I liked this one...

Xs8ezml.png
I'm particularly pleased that you took the time to look over facebook and count the replies. and then the time to come over here and comment, every day. Such commitment over someone you despise! Honestly I couldn't imagine wasting my precious time on planet earth coming everyday to a website dedicated to someone I hate. It's like a form of mental illness or flagellation. And so many of you do it, day after day after day. Of course you have to somehow justify it and my I've heard some goodies,

'I come here to fight facists and NAZI's!!'

'It's like Catholicism, once you're in you're in for life.'

'I come here because it's a car crash I can't stop watching.'

Yet all the while taking the high and mighty principle of saying that you eon't got and see him live again or that you refuse to play his music anymore or you've sold your collection. Yet, yet, yet when it comes to the thing most precious to all of us, our time, you dutifully spend it every day trudging on to this site to tell and sundry just how much you hate Morrissey :lbf::lbf: Now of course this is your right to do so, far be it from me to stop you, but seriously it's just plain weird, like some sort of fixated shunned girlfriend/boyfriend who just can't get over the breakup.

I think Morrissey's serotonin has massively diminished coming into the 10's. (more so than usual) He's either trolling with his yes men in his hotel room or spiralling down a dark chasm, mentally. I hope it's the former but at this stage and at his age I doubt it. I honestly think he needs therapy or medication or something.

My opinion is that MES was able to get away with what he said as he was a lesser known public figure, usually was half-pissed when interviewed and always had a general 'let's f*** shit up' attitude when it came to anything he did career wise, this coupled with the fact that The Fall were a constantly evolving, changing, intelligent group; where each album sounded different to the last makes me able to forgive and sometime find nuggets of truth to what Mark said.

Morrissey on the other hand isn't able to do that very well, if he was able to make genuinely interesting music and working with exciting new people and actually living here and writing prose for his songs like he used to then maybe people would be able to pardon his mad diatribes.

As for Stewart Lee I can't see he's doing it to jump on the bandwagon. He's on the level, he's fair and very well-read and I value his opinion. That being said I wouldn't get rid of my Moz back catalogue, maybe he simply wasn't that big a fan to start with? As he said in the article it wasn't such a big deal for him. I've never really heard him talk at length about his music or lyrics anyway and I've been a fan of Lee's for well over a decade. Just maybe not his cup of tea.

It's an unsettling and confusing time to be a Morrissey fan. That Facebook post was terribly written though wasn't it?

Last edited:
As manager, shouldn't he devote his time to working out those "tour logistics" rather than act as Moz's mouthpiece? Just sayin', this rant bores the tits off me. Why does Mr. Katnip need to clarify Moz's statements? Can't he do that himself? Is Moz now that inarticulate?

Anyway, here's a few laughable Katnip statements:

- "We all hate Trump over here, but I’d like to think we are not all mindless idiots with the same cookie-cutter opinions on every subject." Erm, what exactly are you implying here? If "we all over here" hate Trump, aren't "we" i.e "everyone" agreeing on a massively important point?

- "Plenty of liberals have mixed opinions for the first time." What? Does he identify with Conservatives and is casting stones at Liberals for riding the fence or is this a moment of self-reflection as a Liberal? I couldn't be more confused.

Bottom line, I'm not going to burn/smash/discard my Moz/Smiths merch anytime soon as much as I disagree with many of Moz's recent political rants. I still wear my Moz shirts in public, buy his CDs and go to his shows. And I'll continue to read the Guardian online, Moz and Mr. Katnip be damned!

I hadn't even noticed either of those points, even though I remember reading the words! I think I was distracted by the huge selection of shit the statement offers us.

Anyone who thinks any of these official statements aren't actually dictated by morrissey himself is deluded . No one involved in the moz camp would issue such a statement without it coming from the man himself , as they'd be risking instant dismissal . Moz always tries to hide behind someone else to give some plausible deniability and claim he never said what he said.
True, but this one isn't written in blatantly identifiable MozSpeak (ref: 'My name is Boz Boorer...Any other artist would be number 1 with this song RIGHT NOW' from the Paris for Profit debacle). Like klaus said, he's learning.

Having said that, it's appallingly written for a 'manager' and makes you wonder a) what PK is thinking, allowing his name to be put to this load of incoherent, whiny bollocks, and b) if he really wrote it himself, how on earth has he sustained a career as a professional?

Last edited:
Maybe it genuinely is from that Katsis fella... (although probably influenced/requested by Morrissey himself.) Everyone seems to think Morrissey is behind EVERYTHING, they said he was that guy who interviewed him on his own website, you said that positive article by that Fiona didwell was dictated from Morrissey and now you think he is Peter Katsis.

There are actually other people around him willing to write about him. And I don't get it, Peter is his manager so why would it not be him who writes a defense of Mozza? Don't really get that line of thinking

'He is still doing quite fine, even in the UK', is he?

That would explain why. for the first time ever, a UK tour was cancelled with only 2 weeks to go with not a single date close to selling out (and this included venues of just 2,000 seats).
That would explain why a new single has been released, his catchiest for many years, the record company spent money on having it remixed, and not a single radio station in the UK is playing it.
If this is 'doing quite fine in the UK', care to offer a definition of 'things starting to look a bit shit'?

It's an unsettling and confusing time to be a Morrissey fan.
I don't think this is such a bad thing. I've never used the horrible neologism 'comfort zone' before, but I'm well and truly out of mine and enjoying the experience more than I thought possible.

f***ing hell, I've never seen so many paragraphs!

I hope this was worth the effort Mr Katsis. Bearing in mind Morrissey's fractious relationship with management in the past, you'll probably be replaced by Halloween.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom