New Morrissey interview @ Greek online mag POPAGANDA.GR

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: New Morrissey interview @ Greek online mag POPAGANDA.GR

What a great interview. Great questions and thoughtful, humorous responses, and you can always count on Morrissey to defend out furry friends. I find that endearing.

My personal favorite part was the observation from the interviewer that he thought the pen and dog on WPINOYB was illustrating the relationship between Moz and his loyal fans, but Morrissey wisely rebuffs his interpretation.

I think Morrissey on the whole has been very consistent with his replies over the years on various subject, particularly about how certain music and songs stay with you all your life as well as people that take their fame too seriously and constantly seek attention will never be satisfied and ultimately lead very sad lives.

I also liked how Moz admitted to being duped into buying an expensive necklace that was suppose to relieve him of all sorrow. Is he referring to this crazy necklace that I've seen in pictures on this tour?

vienna.jpg

Well, at least he got a statement necklace out of the deal.

Last edited:

Really wonderful interview, thanks for posting the link. It's one of the best I've read in recent years—it's always more fulfilling to read Morrissey's responses when the questions are written by someone who cares about him and his music. I know there are some who feel that these kinds of questions are "softballs" and that Morrissey should sit for an interview with someone who will really grill him, but what would we gain from his (surely) defensive replies? It's amazing to me that I still get so much out of what Morrissey has to say when he speaks from his heart, after all these years.

A few favorite lines, out of many…

"We are touched inexplicably by the voice, the music, the sound, the words, the faces, the moment … and it stays with you until the day you die. You may temporarily go off certain songs and certain singers, but you return to them later on."

"We all keep a part of ourselves FOR ourselves, otherwise self-obsession goes insane."

"When you, as the listener, are hit by a certain emotional quality, that quality … or the memory of it … doesn’t ever leave you because a genuinely poetic moment in life is not very frequent. You do not need to understand anything at all about musical structures because your heart is telling you that what you are hearing is magnificent."

"As a listener, I think you must accept that there might be two realities to a certain song or album. One reality is your own outer view, and the other is the inner view which can only be voiced by the person who made the recording."

"Gertrude Stein will never be on the cover of Vogue magazine even though her appearance was a fashion revolution. In modern print media the content must always, always be the same. I could describe the next ten covers of Vogue magazine to you right this minute."

"Whether you sell fruit or you are a successful writer is immaterial except in the sense that writers measure their own happiness and then write about it, whereas fruit sellers keep it to themselves."

"It is the human race that thrives on destruction and murder and human sacrifice and slaughter and extremism. Animals are innocent and child-like and at the mercy of humans … who chop them up and eat them."

He always says he has never owned a phone, I remember David Walliams saying one thing that he is suprised about him was that he had one.

He is the biggest liar. There are tons of pics where he has a cell phone in his pocket. Unless it's a gameboy...which would be more impressive actually.

He is the biggest liar. There are tons of pics where he has a cell phone in his pocket. Unless it's a gameboy...which would be more impressive actually.

Post them?

It's probably someone else's phone on "extended loan" that he pretends isn't really his just so he has a loophole to be able to keep saying he doesn't have a cell phone. Kind of like how I still get all smug when I say "I don't have a television," when really I just don't have the ability to watch network television…but I do have Apple TV, Netflix, Hulu Plus, HBO Go, and Amazon Prime. :lbf:

I love the thought of it being a GameBoy, though!

Are u guys just using Google translate to read or is there an English link I missed?

Edit: Nevermind, just saw the link.

Last edited:

It's probably someone else's phone on "extended loan" that he pretends isn't really his just so he has a loophole to be able to keep saying he doesn't have a cell phone. Kind of like how I still get all smug when I say "I don't have a television," when really I just don't have the ability to watch network television…but I do have Apple TV, Netflix, Hulu Plus, HBO Go, and Amazon Prime. :lbf:

I love the thought of it being a GameBoy, though!

It's pretty hard imagining taking it to the next level of Candy Crush with Morrissey if the premise is he has nothing on which to download the app.

I don't know where the proof is. I do know I have to analyze sun and shadow patterns on his pants to get a feel for his world piece since googling "morrissey dick pics" doesn't work. In so doing I've detected an iPhone.

(I just got AppleTV. OMG. So many years wasted.)

Last edited:

Morrissey, if you can get past level 135 of Two Dots with no power ups, I'll let you put yer wiener in my vagina. Get at it. (I've been working on it a week. It's ridiculous. It needs to be redesigned.)

One of the better interviews for a long time and thankfully no mention of the royals. He really does have it in for the Beckhams though. He seems a lot more content than in previous years. A mellowing out in middle middle age?

One of the better interviews for a long time and thankfully no mention of the royals. He really does have it in for the Beckhams though. He seems a lot more content than in previous years. A mellowing out in middle middle age?

He still seems just as angry to me. Maybe he doesn't want a firestorm like what happened after he pedophilia comment so he's watching himself.

Thanks for this -- fantastic interview. Solid questions, just on the right side of pretentious/self-interested.

Many good quotes, but "I’ve never seen cats building nuclear power stations" made me almost spit up my water.

"Everyone is certain that they are ravishing and worthy of your non-stop attention. As for me, I write the song and sing the song and surely that’s enough? I don’t feel the need to turn up at your house and make spaghetti. People who deliberately seek the limelight … such as the Beckhams … strike me as human desperation at its lowest. It’s a void that nothing will ever fill, and it’s usually people who have nothing to offer who chase it."

That's good to know he's not one for the attention. Presumably he won't be railing against the lack of publicity when then next release is out.

P.

"Everyone is certain that they are ravishing and worthy of your non-stop attention. As for me, I write the song and sing the song and surely that’s enough? I don’t feel the need to turn up at your house and make spaghetti. People who deliberately seek the limelight … such as the Beckhams … strike me as human desperation at its lowest. It’s a void that nothing will ever fill, and it’s usually people who have nothing to offer who chase it."

That's good to know he's not one for the attention. Presumably he won't be railing against the lack of publicity when then next release is out.

P.

He's the last person to be snarking on people who crave attention!

Also, the homeless thing is a lie. He owns a lake house in Switzerland. It must be exhausting trying to be mysterious all the time.

Morrissey does not own a mobile (cell) phone. That's the truth.

Therefore, your statement that "he is the biggest liar" is factually, technically and TOTALLY incorrect.

Thought you might like that !

Morrissey does not own a mobile (cell) phone. That's the truth.

Therefore, your statement that "he is the biggest liar" is factually, technically and TOTALLY incorrect.

Thought you might like that !

Yep, we should take the word of some anon claiming to know Moz.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom