New Morrissey interview in El Observador (Uruguay)

Re: New Morrissey interview in El Observador (Uruguay)

"Only perfection was achieved, I think, in my last record, world peace is none of your business. I'm proud of everything I did, but occasionally intentions go awry and it may sound like I was playing."

What drugs is Morrissey on?

Is he still flogging barrets as cancer? Oh brother!

An anonymous person writes:

Morrissey: "la perfección solo fue alcanzada en mi último disco"
- El Observador (Spanish)
Por Kristel Latecki

Google Translate to English

Excerpt:

You have been very vocal about your depression and cancer. Did these afflictions affect or influenced your work?
When you suffer depression nothing motivates you. I have lived in this state for most of my life. I do not enjoy being nothing. But you have to forgive yourself because you understand that what happens happens because the world is ridiculous, it operates ridiculous social demands and is only concerned with power, savagery and bombs ... none things you're attracted to, so you're classified as depressed, when you're actually acting with honesty and openness that many people feel but are afraid to afford.

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:

He didn't say anything about it. The interviewer just mentioned it briefly in one of his questions.

Try and read the interview, or better yet have someone literate read it for you. The only one who mentions cancer is the journalist. Moz avoids it and focuses only on the part about depression.

All in all, a nice, honest interview. He gave some interesting and thoughtful answers. But he doesn't sound too cheerful.

But he doesn't sound too cheerful.

Yes, and because of this I really think it is the best, as Moz put it, to keep an "indifferent distance" to criticism of LOTL. I know people here will have a go at him for not being able to take criticism but if you already have problems with your mood and being down then it's not good to let such things pull you down even more.

Yes, and because of this I really think it is the best, as Moz put it, to keep an "indifferent distance" to criticism of LOTL. I know people here will have a go at him for not being able to take criticism but if you already have problems with your mood and being down then it's not good to let such things pull you down even more.

I agree if it gets him down ignore it but its more about that with any critisism given about him these people are vicious according to him compaired to when he gives it out about other artists ect. In other words its ok for him but not for anyone else.

"....freedom of expression has been banned globally. Have you noticed? The BBC reports only Adele or the Royal Family. "

"What about Adele, though? She’s selling millions of records but she didn’t have an enormous marketing campaign.

Morrissey: " Yes. I don’t think there has been an aggressive campaign for her, and I think it has been one of those situations where people actually like her voice. And rightly so. I’m very pleased for her. Because I’ve seen someone who has attained great success simply on the strength of her voice. And she does use it very well."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/rockandpopfeatures/8579607/Morrissey-on...-Lady-Gaga-and-modern-pop.html

Fixated on Fame, he's failed to achieve it.... A cautionary tale of malignant narcissism and the curated self...... consumed in bile and anger, raving against his failing C List fame, imagining vast conspiracies...utterly beclowned

beclown

Verb. To make a complete idiot of oneself in public. To behave or speak in such a way, or to make a comment or express an opinion that is so profoundly witless, senseless and obtuse, that you have forever after defined yourself as a person of comical value only. Never to be taken seriously again. Of worth only as an object of ridicule and derision.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=beclown

"BrummieBoy"

Last edited by a moderator:
He looks happy when I see him about town in LA at Patti Smith, Buster Poindexter, and James Newell Osterberg concerts at the Palladium and the Wiltern. He looks happy eating a gigantic bowl of Pasta with marinara sauce in a West Hollywood Italian restaurant. He looks happy walking on the beach in Malibu. He looks happy drinking an Orange Julius at the Glendale Galleria with lil' Sammy. He looks happy at the Sunset Marquis spa. He looks happy counting his money after tours and his Mporium cut. Anonymous-

Last edited:
Re: Morrissey interview in El Observador (Uruguay)

hes totally lost his mind.
1 hes depressed because the world operates ridiculous social demands on him? wtf is he talking about, hes been living a sheltered luxurious existence for the greater part of his life. its on him he has an issue with being gay.

2 the bad sex award he considers a 'repulsive horror' thrust upon him by his many enemies whose main motivation in life is to turn his achievements against him. lol i had to laugh at this one. hes beyond ridiculous

3 has no label no manager and NO BOOKING AGENT. hes booking himself, as many had guessed, as no agent will touch after being burned by all the cancellations. now that is his money in play, and is broke, he wont miss a gig.
he is obviously touring under the circumstances because he is totally skint.

hes slowly losing his mind.

Mporium cut wont pay for a half day stay at the pestana hotel.

He looks happy when I see him about town in LA at Patti Smith, Buster Poindexter, and James Newell Osterberg concerts at the Palladium and the Wiltern. He looks happy eating a gigantic bowl of Pasta with marinara sauce in a West Hollywood Italian restaurant. He looks happy walking on the beach in Malibu. He looks happy drinking an Orange Julius at the Glendale Galleria with lil' Sammy. He looks happy at the Sunset Marquis spa. He looks happy counting his money after tours and his Mporium cut. Anonymous-

But history will reveal the truth.

People will have a go at him here because they get off on it and have nothing better to do, plain and simple.

People will have a go at him here because they get off on it and have nothing better to do, plain and simple.

No ! People will have a go at him here because he's a CrankFruad clown who thinks he is something of importance in the music business.
In the real world he's a dried up, baldy, bitter and twisted, radio rental has been who is now in a public meltdown car crash with only himself to blame.

"Extra large popcorn please ! "

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Morrissey ,see you in LA my dear. If it isn't much trouble, please play below. I Love these songs:

Sweetie Pie
Life is a Pigsty
Boy with a Thorn
Shop Lifters of the World

I agree if it gets him down ignore it but its more about that with any critisism given about him these people are vicious according to him compaired to when he gives it out about other artists ect. In other words its ok for him but not for anyone else.

Morrissey wants to have it both ways: he wants to speak his mind, but still wants to be blindly loved. Yet how can he expect everyone to love him, if for instance he compares carnivores to paedophiles. Or states that the Chinese are a subspacies. By these comments alone he alienates a very large percentage of humanity. He can of course say what he wants to, but he can't expect everyone to like him after that. And when people criticize him, he automatically considers these people as his enemies -- shadowy figures, who devote their time to planning his downfall. It's sad to see how paranoid he has grown over the years.

It's sad to see how paranoid he has grown over the years.

Grown paranoid over the years? No, not at all. He ALWAYS has been paranoid, probably even before the Smiths. It annoys me big time when people so suddenly suffer from loss of memory. God, he just told in his autobiography that he believed everyone wanted to ax the singer. This was in the 80s. You can't get more paranoid than that. But for me the question is WHY he is like that. I mean, you don't wake up one day and decide to be paranoid because it's a fun thing to do. These things develop over a long period.

Five quid says the band wear 'f*** ADELE' shirts at the next gig.

No ! People will have a go at him here because he's a CrankFruad clown who thinks he is something of importance in the music business.
In the real world he's a dried up, baldy, bitter and twisted, radio rental has been who is now in a public meltdown car crash with only himself to blame.

"Extra large popcorn please ! "

Benny-the-British-Butcher

You better than most here have proven my point beautifully. Well done :)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom