New Order are still Legend

ACTON

Don't Leave Us In The Dark
I was at the New Order concert in Dublin last night, 2nd row standing. One of the best concerts of my life. I'd urge anyone who hasn't seen them live to see them in concert. Well worth the effort! They did loads of Joy Division songs too.

I was at the New Order concert in Dublin last night, 2nd row standing. One of the best concerts of my life. I'd urge anyone who hasn't seen them live to see them in concert. Well worth the effort! They did loads of Joy Division songs too.
Bet you are glad to get that off your chest so it was worth it but for crying out loud they've been touring for ages playing those songs.

Did you wake up yesterday from a cinderella sleep?

I hope you don't have work colleagues who have to listen to that story all autumn long. They'll be carving their wrists by Xmas.

Bet you are glad to get that off your chest so it was worth it but for crying out loud they've been touring for ages playing those songs.

I hope you don't have work colleagues who have to listen to that story all autumn long. They'll be carving their wrists by Xmas.

butchering those sucky songs for ages.o_O

Why the snark, Anonymous? Can't people share their enthusiasms here without being completely shredded? Do you need a hug? Wishing you a happy day.

Looks like a great venue as well!

IMG_0431.JPG

Academic is my favourite off Music Complete. The heavy JD stuff may be due to the 40th anniversary of closer and unknown pleasures coming up? When Hooky left Gillian rejoined, so as much NO now as it was when Gillian left in my opinion.

you can just buy the dumb cd and play it in the car, same as the concert by the computer chip.:lbf:

Academic is my favourite off Music Complete. The heavy JD stuff may be due to the 40th anniversary of closer and unknown pleasures coming up? When Hooky left Gillian rejoined, so as much NO now as it was when Gillian left in my opinion.
Yes, with Hooky it would make sense to do so much JD maybe. But without him it is a bit of a stretch, a bit like Rourke and Joyce doing Smiths-songs.
I would have preferred them doing Ceremony, Everything's Gone Green or Dreams Never End.
Still on paper a great setlist.

Nothing like a good old Anonymous to rain on the parade. Last time I saw them Johnny Marr opened and they played just about everything I wanted to hear. Oh yeah, I should mention that New Order were my first favorite "alternative" band as it was called at the time.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/new-order/2013/santa-barbara-bowl-santa-barbara-ca-7bd8c2bc.html

Yes, with Hooky it would make sense to do so much JD maybe. But without him it is a bit of a stretch, a bit like Rourke and Joyce doing Smiths-songs.
I would have preferred them doing Ceremony, Everything's Gone Green or Dreams Never End.

They mix the set up quite a bit so you may well get Ceremony, not much chance of the other two though, they are playing at Jodrell Bank (4 miles from where they live) this weekend which was incredible the last time they played there, Bernard said it was one of his favourite gigs ever.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/new-order/2013/jodrell-bank-macclesfield-england-63d966b3.html

Not sure about that, even with Hooky gone its still 75% of the original line up. Ive seen them 5 times since he left and you don't really miss him, particularly on the new stuff as he wasn't involved.

They mix the set up quite a bit so you may well get Ceremony, not much chance of the other two though, they are playing at Jodrell Bank (4 miles from where they live) this weekend which was incredible the last time they played there, Bernard said it was one of his favourite gigs ever.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/new-order/2013/jodrell-bank-macclesfield-england-63d966b3.html
Elegia! Regret! 586! Ceremony! I'll take that one for October. They will be playing within 4 miles of my home ;)

Why the snark, Anonymous? Can't people share their enthusiasms here without being completely shredded? Do you need a hug? Wishing you a happy day.
I just hate people who go on about something that's been sort of dead for ages and is now some tribute act with not all members even a part of it. How the fook can someone be enthusiastic about that?

Maybe if spastic.....

I just hate people who go on about something that's been sort of dead for ages and is now some tribute act with not all members even a part of it. How the fook can someone be enthusiastic about that?

Maybe if spastic.....

Their last album charted at number 2 and had rave reviews, coupled with large sell out shows world wide - not sure what's dead about that?

The newer guy Tom Holland is great on bass, he's not Hooky but I think that ship has sailed. They sounded great and in my opinion did brilliant versions of the JD songs.

Maybe if spastic.....
Listen f***wit. This is a forum for other music. If you don't like New Order then f*** off to a different thread. I don't care what you hate, you whining piss stained nettle.

Back
Top Bottom