Morrissey Central "NEW RELEASE" (October 31, 2020)

Morrissey David Bowie, NYC ~ Linder.jpg

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/new-release

Morrissey's duet with David Bowie is released on Friday 13th November.

The digital download / streaming will be followed by a 7-inch disc on 19th February.

Sleeve front and back photographs of David Bowie and Morrissey were taken in New York City by Linder Sterling.

'Cosmic Dancer' is a song written by Marc Bolan.

The additional track is a cover of 'That's Entertainment' by Paul Weller. It is not the version generally available on the internet from 1993.

'Cosmic Dancer' is supported by an upgraded and edited video made in Los Angeles by Tim Broad.

The video and 'That's Entertainment' are also available on 13th November.

This recording is on Parlophone and is released through Warner.

Artwork (above) has been prepared by Darren Evans.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Clearly a release being pushed by the Morrissey camp, and Bowie gets top billing, presumably for sales. Guess he can't block this now he's dead?
Melvis will stop at nothing to capitalize off the dead.

Believe so.
Description is identical:

Regards,
FWD.

interesting. thank you.

Can’t wait to here this mystery version of Entertainment. I’m guessing it’s a uptempo studio version, close to the one they did live on the Uncle tour.

Didn’t the earlier proposal feature Morrissey pointing at Bowie?
Memory is hazy, but I believe there were a few articles at the time (eg: this) that showed that image which may have made people think it was that one, but there wasn't anything concrete. In fact, the linked article suggested it was close to an image in the frink thread here (they link to it, but it's gone now).
Regards,
FWD.

Memory is hazy, but I believe there were a few articles at the time (eg: this) that showed that image which may have made people think it was that one, but there wasn't anything concrete. In fact, the linked article suggested it was close to an image in the frink thread here (they link to it, but it's gone now).
Regards,
FWD.
Ah, I see. Thanks.

"It is not the version generally available on the internet from 1993." What does that mean and why does no one in camp Morrissey do their homework properly?

According to my sources, the new version has Boz doing additional beatbox mouth percussion, while Fiona Dodwell provides a mid-song rap about how great Morrissey is. The kids are going to go nuts when it drops.

Could be this the picture that Bowie didn't approve to be on the last of the famous international playboys years ago?

"It is not the version generally available on the internet from 1993." What does that mean and why does no one in camp Morrissey do their homework properly?
Yeah... in the original announcement it said "The recording is not the aborted version from 1994, but retains the original Morrissey vocal."... whatever that means.

Doesn't anyone on Central remember that his cover was released in 1991 as a b-side to Sing Your Life?

Lovely picture though.
Amazing hair on both of them.

"Sleeve front and back photographs" also implies that there's at least one more.

Last edited:
My heart lurched thinking it was the interview.

There's a wee tribute to Sean.
Last year it took over 2 months from announcement to release of the interview...

Would explain why it isn't on any order sheets. Given the uncertainty of 'lockdown' - digital seems prudent for now.
Darren Evans appears to have some interesting album art work credited to him.
Hopefully there will be decent digital platforms available - Google Music is no more and Amazon do not supply 320kbps.
Regards,
FWD.
Evans was credited on many Morrissey releases, eg the re-issues of Everyday Is Like Sunday, Suedehead, TLOTFIP, Viva Hate, Bona Drag etc, as well as the TQID and TBWTTIHS re-issues.

R-4458702-1368620429-4811.jpeg.jpg

Yeah... in the original announcement it said "The recording is not the aborted version from 1994, but retains the original Morrissey vocal."... whatever that means.

Doesn't anyone on Central remember that his cover was released in 1991 as a b-side to Sing Your Life?
The only sense I can make out of that statement, is that another studio recording was attempted but aborted in 1994. Why try recording it again? Who knows - maybe a more uptempo version for a potential B-Side? And presumably this new version keeps those 1994 vocals, but has newly recorded backing from Moz's current band lineup.

It's either that, or Moz/Sam were pissed out of their skulls on pints of vodka when they wrote that press release. :squiffy:

It's on Parlophone Records which Bowie was on. Presumably Bowie's estate could have blocked the release like they blocked that new biopic from using any of his music.
The rights will be between Morrissey's label at the time (Parlophone, now Warners) and Bowie's (Arista, now Sony). Bowie's estate probably don't get a say, except in the unlikely event he insisted on a contract to cover his performance. Otherwise, Bowie is just a musician with no more rights than if he'd been filling in on drums.

God bless the superior David Bowie for laughing at Morrissey’s refusal to eat meat. After the Vegas shows next year, and after his suicide, I will leave packages of meat on his grave every week forevermore. Moz’s grave will resemble a butcher’s shop.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom