News from TTY

Aside from it being a bit of a lame bit of news article, that site needs a serious update, it's still stuck in 2006, change the bloody colour scheme and content, it's well old.

Oh, it was a joke?? Right, now I get it.

P.

If it wasn't a joke, so what??

Would you find it funny if the newspaper was the Guardian or the New York Times or The Independent? Would it be worthy then?

'Thin gruel' what a stupid comment to make, I suppose nothing outside the western world is worthy of note to some

What an ignorant condescending man you are

If it wasn't a joke, so what??

Would you find it funny if the newspaper was the Guardian or the New York Times or The Independent? Would it be worthy then?

'Thin gruel' what a stupid comment to make, I suppose nothing outside the western world is worthy of note to some

What an ignorant condescending man you are

ra2q36.jpg

Kind of expected better from you, Uncleskinny. The fact is, your 'thin gruel' remark was horribly Western-centric. Why not just face up to the fact, rather than getting into a pissing contest? If it had been Rolling Stone, it wouldn't have been so casually dismissed, would it?

Kind of expected better from you, Uncleskinny. The fact is, your 'thin gruel' remark was horribly Western-centric. Why not just face up to the fact, rather than getting into a pissing contest? If it had been Rolling Stone, it wouldn't have been so casually dismissed, would it?

Utter rubbish. Western-Centric? Do you even know me and my views? If it had been in Rolling Stone I would be saying exactly the same thing becasue the reasons for saying it are exactly the same...are you seriously suggesting that after accolades from Word, Uncut, NME, Rolling Stone, an Ivor Novello award and God knows what else, that this isn't, in Danny Baker vernacular, 'Thin Gruel'? Of course it is. If you read what I said at the start, I say I'm sure there's more prestigious stuff to come. No matter which way you look at it, Morrissey's musical career is in the trough of a sine-wave at the moment, and the pickings down there are slim, so you've got to take whatever comes your way. Why are you not having a go at TTY for publishing this mini-story? I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that Morrissey will climb that sine-wave back to the stellar heights of days gone by, and I am looking forward to it when it happens.
P.

Last edited:
Software upgrade

Aside from it being a bit of a lame bit of news article, that site needs a serious update, it's still stuck in 2006, change the bloody colour scheme and content, it's well old.

David is waiting for VBulletin upgrade which is expected in autumn 2013 / early 2014.

Hopefully it will add more choice of forum skins.

I think you should explain UncleS. Why is this a "mini story" is it because its from somewhere that doesn't count? - what exactly did you mean? From what i can see "horribly Western-centric" sounds about fair. Why is this less of an accolade than something similar from Word, Uncut, NME, Rolling Stone etc?

Personally I think its impressive that a man who started off singing in his bedroom in Manchester in the 80's is able to win any award in Singapore in 2012 for best live act (without much industry support.) Its hardly "thin gruel" (no suprise that you quote Danny Baker - huff) its enlightening news to hear he is still making hedlines all over the world - surely?

Is this yet another example of a moderator from this site taking a positive news story and immediately trying to twist it? Its as though you don't want him to get a record contract, why not just be supportive? Aren't you a fan?

I think you should explain UncleS. Why is this a "mini story" is it because its from somewhere that doesn't count? - what exactly did you mean? From what i can see "horribly Western-centric" sounds about fair. Why is this less of an accolade than something similar from Word, Uncut, NME, Rolling Stone etc?

Personally I think its impressive that a man who started off singing in his bedroom in Manchester in the 80's is able to win any award in Singapore in 2012 for best live act (without much industry support.) Its hardly "thin gruel" (no suprise that you quote Danny Baker - huff) its enlightening news to hear he is still making hedlines all over the world - surely?

Is this yet another example of a moderator from this site taking a positive news story and immediately trying to twist it? Its as though you don't want him to get a record contract, why not just be supportive? Aren't you a fan?

Are you honestly suggesting this is the zenith of his career? If you are, you're deluded. If you're not, then you accept this isn't as zenith-like as what has gone before.

Yes, I am a fan.

P.

You're an idiot.
Or you're just a troll trying to push Skinny's blood pressure.
If the former's the case, it was made a non-story because of the manner in which it was presented. Morrissey wanted it clear that his accolade surpassed Lady Gaga's, because he's laboring under the delusion that he and Gaga are contemporaries - that he's still a "pop" artist. It has nothing to do with what country whatever third-rate music rag reported the information, it's got nothing to do with the location of the concert. It's the embarrassing fact that old Uncle Morrissey thinks that he belongs at the top of the American pop charts with a track like "People Are the Same Everywhere."

What is the point of the TiTY site anyway its more than useless it has its head in a bucket of sand most of the year

Of course I don’t know you. This is an internet forum. Avatars, silly user names etc. But it is possible to form an impression of someone after 10,824 posts, no?

I’m not suggesting you hold Western-centric views, only that your remark was horribly Western-centric. It is possible for someone who is balanced, intelligent and fair-minded to make a silly, thoughtless remark. Which is what I believe you did. And what I still believe you did, despite your retro-fitted response. I genuinely do not believe that, had this been Rolling Stone, the words ‘thin gruel’ would have come to mind.

I’m not refusing to be convinced. I have no gripe with you or this website. I have no axe to grind. And I’m perfectly happy for people to speak ill of Morrissey. He is, as you quite rightly point out, in a bit of a trough at the moment. Maybe he’ll rise, maybe he won’t. I hope for the former but, really, who knows?

Of course I don’t know you. This is an internet forum. Avatars, silly user names etc. But it is possible to form an impression of someone after 10,824 posts, no?

I’m not suggesting you hold Western-centric views, only that your remark was horribly Western-centric. It is possible for someone who is balanced, intelligent and fair-minded to make a silly, thoughtless remark. Which is what I believe you did. And what I still believe you did, despite your retro-fitted response. I genuinely do not believe that, had this been Rolling Stone, the words ‘thin gruel’ would have come to mind.

I’m not refusing to be convinced. I have no gripe with you or this website. I have no axe to grind. And I’m perfectly happy for people to speak ill of Morrissey. He is, as you quite rightly point out, in a bit of a trough at the moment. Maybe he’ll rise, maybe he won’t. I hope for the former but, really, who knows?

As I clicked on your post I was fearing an avalanche of unpleasantness. As I finished reading it I was filled with a feeling of hugs. Really. You are a nice person, and no mistake.

P.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom