NFL.com commercial

kissmyshadestoo

Nobody ever looks at me twice
So I'm watching the Giants/'Skins game and during one of the commercials, they use "Everyday Is Like Sunday" at the end.......sounds like its was sung by Seal though.......anyone else see it?

Life is a Pigskin Sty.

It's official...The World Is Full of Crashing whores.

The trend of great alternative songs being used in marketing is suppose is sign that we're getting older or that ad agencies have figured out that we're in our peak earning years. I cringe when I hear The The This is the Day, which has now been used twice in commercials. I almost puked when I heard Everyday is Like Sunday. I am so sickened now.

But Moz was an athlete in high school. Plus I would imagine he'd actually have to sanction the use of the song to allow it to be used. So I guess it met with his approval.

Think for a second, Moz obviously gave his permission to use the song, otherwise, they'd be in hot water. Maybe thats whyt it's done by a different singer? I dont know.

Think for a second, Moz obviously gave his permission to use the song, otherwise, they'd be in hot water. Maybe thats whyt it's done by a different singer? I dont know.
So it isn't that obvious? ;) :D

also, wait: SEAL??????!!

i received a text from back home about this and im kicking myself for changing the channel. how bad is it? ugh, when i heard about it, it srz turned my stomach.
i dont know about any of you but i HATE when something i believed in or something i do/did was frowned upon, like when i started to skateboard 18 years ago, i would be chased down the street, have the cops called, beat up, called "skater fag" and now it becomes ok or cool and totally goes mainstream. or like listening to moz/smiths for YEARS and get made fun for it and then they play it for a football game and now every jock will be singing this song an showing up at the shows. now that i think about it, i guess we had the same prob when HSIN showed up as the theme song for charmed and everyone shows up at the shows just to here that song.
whatever, sorry for ranting

well the poor guy was counting on some incoming cash with YOR and a tour this fall but now that that's been pushed back till Feb or so, this'll provide him a bit of flow to buy some new duds and perhaps an LP or two.

and now every jock will be singing this song an showing up at the shows.

I have a lot of friends that are very into NFL football (I am not) and are glue to the screen when the games are on TV. I can say with great certainty that none of them will be showing up to a Morrissey concert anytime soon.

morrissey doesn't neccessarily have control over such things. His songs have been used before. If a different band is using it, then the rights to his performance was not sold. the rights to the song may be owned by the record company or at least tied up in a contract of some sort. basically, you don't know the terms of his contract(s)

Well, he approved HMV to use 'Everyday Is Like Sunday' in one of their ads recently too.
I don't think it makes him evil or a any less good. If someone said to me, 'we'll give you some money & you don't have to do anything', I'd snap their hand off. Plus Stephen Street gets a little bit too.

Has anyone else seen that fragrance advert that uses 'Slow Hands' by Interpol yet? It quite disturbs me.

Has anyone else seen that fragrance advert that uses 'Slow Hands' by Interpol yet? It quite disturbs me.

This one?

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5mUSt24oBJA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5mUSt24oBJA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

This one?

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5mUSt24oBJA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5mUSt24oBJA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Yes, that one. I guess 'Our Love To Admire' didn't sell as well as they'd hoped.

morrissey doesn't neccessarily have control over such things. His songs have been used before. If a different band is using it, then the rights to his performance was not sold. the rights to the song may be owned by the record company or at least tied up in a contract of some sort. basically, you don't know the terms of his contract(s)

Neither do you, so whats your point? ASCAP/Morrissey do own it I'm guessing?, if they don't, then I'd be really surprised. They're Morrissey's lyrics, if he's one of the writers, then YES he most certainly does own the rights to it, and no one can use them w/o his permission. If he had a co-writer for them(ex.Alain White), same thing. You apparently do not know how the music industry works, and how one owns songs and so forth.

Everyday is Like Sunday used in commercial?

There was a commercial tonight during the second game of ESPNs Monday Football. Maybe around midnight EST. I do not remember what the commercial was for because I wasn't paying attention, until the end, as they flashed the logo and a man(not Moz) came on and sang the words "everyday is like Sunday" in the exact fashion its sung in Morrisseys version. But that was it. It didnt play in the background, it wasnt the real music and as I said, it wasnt Morrissey singing. Did anyone else hear it or know the commercial I'm talking about. Doesnt Morrissey own a portion, if not all, of his solo stuff? i can't imagine him selling the rights to the song to be used in a commercial. Or did he? Does anyone else know what I'm talking about. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom