NME: "The Cure’s Robert Smith addresses “imaginary feud” with The Smiths" (June 14, 2021)

Robert-Smith-The-Cure-Morrissey-The-Smiths-Feud-1392x884.jpg

"I've realised how easily these things can spiral because people want it to be something. They're desperate for it to be some sort of soap opera"

Taken from:

Regards,
FWD.

Related item:
Media item:

I think the real show is in the besides for the cure. Song like a pink dream home and especially waiting. The surreal swirl of synths on out of mind and the twilight garden. The pop bounce of halo. I especially loved the talking headsish stop dead and man inside my mouth. Join the dots is a real showcase of the bands strengths. I even appreciated love cats more after I learned the story behind that period of the cure

Oh i see , ex Tin Machine . JohnnY "like me : marr

Oh lord what dumb thing to say

People usually don't like coffee first off BUT they try until they do , People often don't like beer BUT they try until they do .... People often try to make it through a "difficult " lp and keep listening until they like it (or can't) ..I expect your workmates try to like you but can't because you are a basic bitch. You are the exception to that rule

Apart from that the list goes on and on and on . .

In reference to your other comment, I was obviously part playing you thunder flap. By, the way I'd rather live in America than the UK any day of the scum week.

The UK is dead, its spent .. Its so utterly past it, it has little Englander fools like you who say mornic things like "For Americans"(racist) ..What the country that produced Elvis, Lou Reed, Patti Smith, The Ramones, The NY Dolls, Bob Dylan, Jimmy Hendrix, Debbie Harry, Sparks, The Gun club , The Pixies etc etc etc Public Enemy , Krs One, Snoop, Wu Tang , De La Soul , DMX , Motown
etc etc .

The place where the best of British often move or have a second home, Looking at you David Bowie
Lets not forget the massive amounts of films that came out of it , once England Shot its bolt in cinema. kitchen sink and Michael Powel were done by 69 . Nick Roege limp on , he was done by the late 70s

The TV shows which most British people rip off - The Sopranos, Curb, Seinfeld, Breaking Bad , The Wire ..The Larry Sanders Show etc etc The UK hasn't put out a groundbreaking show since the 90s ( Prime Suspect, Queer as Folk)

M has it right, He's like Crisp and Coward, as English as the day is spent, but he ain't no dummy, he spends plenty of time over here, and no not just in LA

If you are from England fine but if you have only lived there, all you have ever done is holiday for two weeks. The facts are clear, dear...There is no debate ....You are boring. Utterly without adventure, a small town knower of nothing

Most white working-class brits don't prefer the Cure to say , the Jam or the smiths or Echo and The Bunnymen
Mainly its middle class fodder . Like Radiohead now , yes they may like some music but none of them would dream of loving The Cure or Robert smith , he lacks style and authenticity and thats what counts in those circles, honey

Smelly Robert has never ever said anything "on the money" ever. He certainly isn't relevant now in 2021 .
The Cure managed the worst crime ever to take a fantastic literary tradition like gothic and reduce it to a worldwide joke.
Joy Divison moved it into Music and Robert killed it .

I mean just look at Robert hes a complete fat slob, a joke of a man .
I remember when Suede first came out, he bitched about them and Brett. Do you know why, because he's jealous? Because no matter how much money he's made , no matter how many people buy tickets to see their "Gothic" Grateful dead shit shows , that ramble on and on . No matter all that. he knows he has never ever been thought of as attractive. much like his fans

NOW, off you go back to your third world country full of scum that can't even speak the language, the modern working class, no culture just oceans of slums. "You talkin to me bruv" . " Yeah bruv hes fam"
Keep the country, like you it's going nowhere
There was a rather boring , reply to this but it was moved for being 'off-topic"

Not sure how, it wasn't me who changed the topic, I was happy to mock Robert Smith, which is allowed, he has bitched about loads of people and he was lying in that article.
Then a no mark decided to be personal and throw insults, because Im new and American ,

So, I merely mentioned why these " For American " type put-downs are pointless for anyone who knows anything about pop culture, not to mention world power, tech and so on.

Marred then said what I said is a "croc of shit " or something else an angry grandma may say. and it was moved. I think then the whole lot should be moved from Action onwards. Its only fair

Please, remember I hadn't made one remark against anyone on here... Apart from once about Karen that was only because she was stone-cold lying

im on my way to work its just gone 7.30am over here on the beautiful West Coast., Im not sure what time it is on the shitty Holloway Road ,

@ACTON

Has Robert given any reason as to why the new album is taking so long? Have they even been in the studio? Is Smith pulling an MBV?

Robert Smith has a lovely wife. The only crush he had on Moz was probably wishing to crush his head with a brick.’

don’t think that’s true. As he said he felt a little competition at one point, but mostly The Smiths were not on his radar.

@ACTON

Has Robert given any reason as to why the new album is taking so long? Have they even been in the studio? Is Smith pulling an MBV?

Robert Smith has a lovely wife. The only crush he had on Moz was probably wishing to crush his head with a brick.’

don’t think that’s true. As he said he felt a little competition at one point, but mostly The Smiths were not on his radar.
The album is all but mixed, apparently. Why it’s still not mixed is beyond my comprehension. It’s been finished for more than a year. RS is notorious for being veeery slow, but this is ridiculous. He’s described the album as super emotional and two hours of doom and gloom, which only makes the waiting even more unbearable. It sounds exactly like the Cure album I’ve been wanting for almost 20 years. And the songs they’ve premiered live have both been amazing, especially:

The album is all but mixed, apparently. Why it’s still not mixed is beyond my comprehension. It’s been finished for more than a year. RS is notorious for being veeery slow, but this is ridiculous. He’s described the album as super emotional and two hours of doom and gloom, which only makes the waiting even more unbearable. It sounds exactly like the Cure album I’ve been wanting for almost 20 years. And the songs they’ve premiered live have both been amazing, especially:

Great track... sounds like it could have been on Disintegration.

View attachment 73276

"I've realised how easily these things can spiral because people want it to be something. They're desperate for it to be some sort of soap opera"

Taken from:

Regards,
FWD.

Related item:
Media item:

if anybody has waited that long then it better be good.
Well, Bobbie is it ? We had quite well forgotten about that spat, until you brought it up dear boy. Whose looking for attention now ? With that dread full face of yours, attention from every direction should be yours for just showing up. You've consumed too much meat Bobbie and look how you turned out.

@ACTON

Aw yah I'd say Robert would never be the type to hate someone enough to wish them harm. I was only joking.

I had thought The Cure album was 100% finished but now it seems it still needs to be mixed. Reckon we'll know something more definite soon. Robert lost his parents and older brother in 2019 so I'd say his life was torn apart. Maybe that's why the album is taking forever to see the light of day. Can't blame him. I'd say he's an awful nice man.

You can't deny Friday I'm In Love is a great pop song, regardless of how unrepresentative it is of their work. I've heard all of those albums but the only song of theirs I really love is Charlotte Sometimes
I tell you what I really love about Charlotte Sometimes.... the video. Wow but she is the bees knees. I mean she was when I was younger. Now it would just be weird. Kind of.

tumblr_lsx7eqboIT1qdauj7o1_500.gif

Well, Bobbie is it ? We had quite well forgotten about that spat, until you brought it up dear boy. Whose looking for attention now ? With that dread full face of yours, attention from every direction should be yours for just showing up. You've consumed too much meat Bobbie and look how you turned out.
have you got the right person,bobbie dont you think they know.

They played all the hits when i saw them in Hyde Park a few yrs ago......was great.
I know. I saw them in Dublin June 2019 and it was great....but not a patch on The Prayer Tour in 1989 or even the Wish tour 1992 or in Oz in 2000. I think it's because now they play hits outdoors to massive festival crowds on sunny days, with that waste of space Reeves Gabrels on guitar while he frowns and has a pissy expression.

After the Dublin concert another fan told me it was shit compared to Hyde Park. I've watched the Hyde Park concert and it is brilliant. They somehow had an extra spark that night. Maybe the audience was better too. The Dub crowd seemed like they (and the band) were going through the motions. I was hammered too which might not have helped. :paranoid:

Oh i see , ex Tin Machine . JohnnY "like me : marr

Oh lord what dumb thing to say

People usually don't like coffee first off BUT they try until they do , People often don't like beer BUT they try until they do .... People often try to make it through a "difficult " lp and keep listening until they like it (or can't) ..I expect your workmates try to like you but can't because you are a basic bitch. You are the exception to that rule

Apart from that the list goes on and on and on . .

In reference to your other comment, I was obviously part playing you thunder flap. By, the way I'd rather live in America than the UK any day of the scum week.

The UK is dead, its spent .. Its so utterly past it, it has little Englander fools like you who say mornic things like "For Americans"(racist) ..What the country that produced Elvis, Lou Reed, Patti Smith, The Ramones, The NY Dolls, Bob Dylan, Jimmy Hendrix, Debbie Harry, Sparks, The Gun club , The Pixies etc etc etc Public Enemy , Krs One, Snoop, Wu Tang , De La Soul , DMX , Motown
etc etc .

The place where the best of British often move or have a second home, Looking at you David Bowie
Lets not forget the massive amounts of films that came out of it , once England Shot its bolt in cinema. kitchen sink and Michael Powel were done by 69 . Nick Roege limp on , he was done by the late 70s

The TV shows which most British people rip off - The Sopranos, Curb, Seinfeld, Breaking Bad , The Wire ..The Larry Sanders Show etc etc The UK hasn't put out a groundbreaking show since the 90s ( Prime Suspect, Queer as Folk)

M has it right, He's like Crisp and Coward, as English as the day is spent, but he ain't no dummy, he spends plenty of time over here, and no not just in LA

If you are from England fine but if you have only lived there, all you have ever done is holiday for two weeks. The facts are clear, dear...There is no debate ....You are boring. Utterly without adventure, a small town knower of nothing

Most white working-class brits don't prefer the Cure to say , the Jam or the smiths or Echo and The Bunnymen
Mainly its middle class fodder . Like Radiohead now , yes they may like some music but none of them would dream of loving The Cure or Robert smith , he lacks style and authenticity and thats what counts in those circles, honey

Smelly Robert has never ever said anything "on the money" ever. He certainly isn't relevant now in 2021 .
The Cure managed the worst crime ever to take a fantastic literary tradition like gothic and reduce it to a worldwide joke.
Joy Divison moved it into Music and Robert killed it .

I mean just look at Robert hes a complete fat slob, a joke of a man .
I remember when Suede first came out, he bitched about them and Brett. Do you know why, because he's jealous? Because no matter how much money he's made , no matter how many people buy tickets to see their "Gothic" Grateful dead shit shows , that ramble on and on . No matter all that. he knows he has never ever been thought of as attractive. much like his fans

NOW, off you go back to your third world country full of scum that can't even speak the language, the modern working class, no culture just oceans of slums. "You talkin to me bruv" . " Yeah bruv hes fam"
Keep the country, like you it's going nowhere

Neither the Bunnymen or the Smiths had particularly strong working class audiences....mainly lower or middle-class i'd say. Lads weren't turning up to gigs with guys in overcoats back in the day. The big working class bands were The Jam and Madness.

Neither the Bunnymen or the Smiths had particularly strong working class audiences....mainly lower or middle-class i'd say. Lads weren't turning up to gigs with guys in overcoats back in the day. The big working class bands were The Jam and Madness.

That might have been the case in Colchester, London etc but it t was always a working class audience for the Bunnymen, The Smiths and The Jam when they played in the North West, never saw Madness back then but had a great time when I saw them in Nottingham in 18!

That might have been the case in Colchester, London etc but it t was always a working class audience for the Bunnymen, The Smiths and The Jam when they played in the North West, never saw Madness back then but had a great time when I saw them in Nottingham in 18!

The North is a foreign country.

Have to agree that The albums since Wish have been pretty weak, the ones before it are mostly fantastic though and they've had some great songs since. Underneath the stars is my favourite from the (not very recent) most recent album. Hope the new music comes soon.

Love both of them but Robert Smith would probably be easier to get along with, he seems really friendly in interviews, Morrissey just seems to be angry at everything.

if anybody has waited that long then it better be good.

It will be, based off the one song we’ve heard from it.

The bass line reminds me of the title track from “Bloodflowers”.

Similar to “My Hurling Days Are Done,” this is about his mother, except M’s mother was still alive when he penned Hurling Days. RS’s is his reaction to his mother’s passing. Tears and all in this live video.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom