NYC Hammerstein Ballroom new date Sep. 17; Apollo Theater cancelled due to scheduling issues with the venue

From The Bowery Presents:

Morrissey’s upcoming March date in NYC at Hammerstein Ballroom has been postponed.

Hammerstein’s new date will be on Sept 17th. Tickets purchased for the original Hammerstein Ballroom show are valid for the new date.

The sold out engagement at Apollo Theater has been cancelled due to scheduling issues with the venue. Tickets can be refunded at point of purchase.

Many thanks @Harsh Truth for relaying this info.

Unfortunately I am projected to be out of the country for this new date, so I have to get working on the Ticketbastards for a potential refund - which I am unlikely to get.

I have one hard ticket in-hand if anyone cares to deal with a fan on a potential purchase. No reCaptcha required!

MrShoes

Unfortunately I am projected to be out of the country for this new date, so I have to get working on the Ticketbastards for a potential refund - which I am unlikely to get.

I have one hard ticket in-hand if anyone cares to deal with a fan on a potential purchase. No reCaptcha required!

MrShoes
I would recommend holding onto the ticket. As the date has changed, TM is obligated to provide a refund, if you choose. Perhaps, just maybe, the stars will align and your travel plans will change, the world will get back to some sense of normalcy, and Morrissey will appear in NYC in September.

Of course, take note of any deadlines by which you need to claim a refund.

I would recommend holding onto the ticket. As the date has changed, TM is obligated to provide a refund, if you choose. Perhaps, just maybe, the stars will align and your travel plans will change, the world will get back to some sense of normalcy, and Morrissey will appear in NYC in September.

Of course, take note of any deadlines by which you need to claim a refund.
How is TM obligated you refund on postponed shows, don't see that in their policy?

of course they are obligated. Always the way for rearranged shows. I can't believe you think otherwise?

According to TicketMaster:
What happens if my event is postponed or rescheduled?
When events are postponed or rescheduled, you will be contacted via phone or email with the new event information as soon as we are updated.
Unless notified otherwise, your tickets will be valid for the new event date.
If your event is postponed, note that we are working with the event organizer to identify new dates, and we will contact you as soon as we have confirmation.
If your event has been rescheduled and the event's organizer is offering refunds, this option will be visible under the event in your Ticketmaster account.

According to TicketMaster:
What happens if my event is postponed or rescheduled?
When events are postponed or rescheduled, you will be contacted via phone or email with the new event information as soon as we are updated.
Unless notified otherwise, your tickets will be valid for the new event date.
If your event is postponed, note that we are working with the event organizer to identify new dates, and we will contact you as soon as we have confirmation.
If your event has been rescheduled and the event's organizer is offering refunds, this option will be visible under the event in your Ticketmaster account.
Maybe that’s the fine print, but I’ve certainly never had an issue. In fact, another show (different artist) I was going to see in March rescheduled for August. I can’t go. On Ticketmaster’s website I was easily and promptly able to receive a full refund to my credit card. Less than 48 hours from clicking the button to receiving the credit.

Maybe that’s the fine print, but I’ve certainly never had an issue. In fact, another show (different artist) I was going to see in March rescheduled for August. I can’t go. On Ticketmaster’s website I was easily and promptly able to receive a full refund to my credit card. Less than 48 hours from clicking the button to receiving the credit.

So the refund option was that clear and apparent? I didn't see one earlier with Ticketbastards. I will check again and give it the full-whirl. I can always call in the big guns with AMEX in the end.

Looks Like it depends on the event organizer, in this case, Bowery Presents

I have a similar situation because a (non-Moz) show I planned to attend in Berlin tomorrow has been rescheduled but I'm unable to attend the new date. I asked for a refund but was told:

"Thank you for your request.

We can of course understand this. Please also understand that in the current situation no cancellation is possible."

Surely there must be an EU standard law/German consumer law that allows to claim for a refund here when a service is not provided on the day it was offered. Any German fans have any advice how I can proceed? In this case with Eventim.de

Thanks

Of course, I chose the Apollo show (having seen him there a few times prior) and now its cancelled. I hope they add more NY shows, otherwise I'm gonna need to stubhub me some tix for the Hammerstein

Oh well...Shame about the Apollo show. Hammerstein is a shitty venue. But I'll be there.

Agreed about being disappointed about the Apollo cancellation. Plus that venue is much higher profile for him. Hoping for more dates added at the Hammerstein or a residency a la 2007!

Those bastards finally contacted me with this drivel. (I have taken the liberty of adjusting the image to something more accurate)

Hi live event fan,

One or more of your events have changed.

To find out the status of your event(s), as well as more information regarding the cancellation and rescheduling of live events, go to ticketmaster.com and follow these simple steps:

At the top of the home page, you'll find two links: Find the Status of Your Event and Information Regarding the Cancellation and Rescheduling of Live Events.​
  1. Under the "Find the Status of Your Event" link, you will find all events that have been cancelled, postponed, or rescheduled.
  2. To change the city you are searching, click the city link next to 'All Event Status Updates Near.'
  3. To filter by Cancelled, Postponed, or Rescheduled events, click the drop-down menu on the left.
  4. To filter by Category, click the drop-down menu in the middle.

For Postponed and Rescheduled Events: If you're selling tickets to these events, the listing with the old date will come down — then just list the new tickets with the new date (once confirmed) from My Account on your computer or mobile device.

We are working with the event organizer to identify new dates (for events that are postponed), and we will contact you as soon as we have confirmation. For rescheduled events, that information will be listed on our website by your event. If your event's organizer is offering refunds for a postponed or rescheduled event, this option (a refund link) will be visible under the order in your Ticketmaster account.

For any canceled events: Due to the unprecedented volume of cancelations, please note that you should expect to receive your refund in as soon as 30 days. If the tickets were transferred to you, the refund will go to the fan who originally bought the tickets from Ticketmaster.

We appreciate your patience during this time.

Thanks for being a fan.

Ticketmaster Fan Support​

[TD valign="middle"]

[TD valign="middle"]
TicketBastards®
[/TD]
[/TD]

MrShoes
Interested in your ticket

Those bastards finally contacted me with this drivel. (I have taken the liberty of adjusting the image to something more accurate)

Hi live event fan,

One or more of your events have changed.

To find out the status of your event(s), as well as more information regarding the cancellation and rescheduling of live events, go to ticketmaster.com and follow these simple steps:

At the top of the home page, you'll find two links: Find the Status of Your Event and Information Regarding the Cancellation and Rescheduling of Live Events.​
  1. Under the "Find the Status of Your Event" link, you will find all events that have been cancelled, postponed, or rescheduled.
  2. To change the city you are searching, click the city link next to 'All Event Status Updates Near.'
  3. To filter by Cancelled, Postponed, or Rescheduled events, click the drop-down menu on the left.
  4. To filter by Category, click the drop-down menu in the middle.

For Postponed and Rescheduled Events: If you're selling tickets to these events, the listing with the old date will come down — then just list the new tickets with the new date (once confirmed) from My Account on your computer or mobile device.

We are working with the event organizer to identify new dates (for events that are postponed), and we will contact you as soon as we have confirmation. For rescheduled events, that information will be listed on our website by your event. If your event's organizer is offering refunds for a postponed or rescheduled event, this option (a refund link) will be visible under the order in your Ticketmaster account.

For any canceled events: Due to the unprecedented volume of cancelations, please note that you should expect to receive your refund in as soon as 30 days. If the tickets were transferred to you, the refund will go to the fan who originally bought the tickets from Ticketmaster.

We appreciate your patience during this time.

Thanks for being a fan.

Ticketmaster Fan Support​

[TD valign="middle"]

[TD valign="middle"]
[/TD]
[/TD]
i haven't checked but did you see a refund link?

Hi guys. I contacted where I purchased tickets for the Apollo show. I just got an email stating they haven’t received Cancellation confirmation yet. They claim Apollo Theater venue is still ‘postponed’. Until they get official word regarding cancellation, they’ll then notify me for refund. I don’t know what’s going on but I’m hoping it’s rescheduled or I get my money back. Just saying.

i haven't checked but did you see a refund link?

Negatron on any contact from the venue, promoter, or Ticketbastards. Thankfully I continue to receive my Morrissey-related info right here from Morrissey-Solo.com -- since Winter 1997 baby!

We ever going to get our Apollo money?
I just now got a notification from my credit card that this refund was processing. So, yours should be coming soon too.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom