Oakland Paramount Theatre - Dec. 2, 2009

I was standing at the front of the stage and he touched my hand. I'll seriously never forget that.

My sister was in row y and ended up getting trampled by those d-bags. Otherwise the show was great. Thanks to everyone who posted pictures/videos from the show (I saw the back of my head in one of them). Does anyone have a video from when he sang I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris? That's when he touched my hand, and unfortunately I have no photographic evidence.

Last edited:
What an amazing show last night!! I couldn't have been happier. Did wish it could have been a little longer. Obviously we got cut short by one song when Morrissey made the sign to the band to head back. That could've been 3 more mins with Mr.Mozzer. Overall he sounded great looked even more great. The band sounded good as well. Wish I could've been some of those people handing him some letters and a vynil ( I believe it was) He was a bit chatty like people have mentioned and made a couple of jokes as well. Definetily a night to remember. I'm now happy as can be :)

BTW: You guys got some great pictures & videos here. Hope its ok for me to save for a memory. The first time I seen him I took no snappies, shame on me :head-smack:

i'm new here, and just wanted to thank everyone for the great pictures. i was upstairs and rocked standing up most of the show. didn't get the subtle things you saw being on the main floor, had no idea the band was ready for another tune...
i've read several local reviews and wonder what show they were at. i had the evening of a lifetime. i will say, i did not want it to end! maybe next time he'll consider The Fox. hate seated rock events. hate the Paramount's acoustics, sure is a pretty place though
cheers

I was in the "orchestra" section, but it was back under the balcony so thanx for posting these, I couldn't see much from my vantage point.
Jynxxx

I think it was probably all the ruckus at the end that turned him off. I dunno, if it were me it would probably turn me off. I thought he sounded great. :D

Sicy, relax. That happens in every show. In fact, it was pretty mild compared to most shows. I was expecting maaaaaaany more people trying to jump on stage on the last song.

I think it was probably all the ruckus at the end that turned him off. I dunno, if it were me it would probably turn me off. I thought he sounded great. :D

I'm relaxed, thanks. I was just making an observation from what I experienced. From what I've read and heard, Moz has left the stage in the past for similar issues hasnt he? But that was my first show so you would know better than me. How many more songs was he supposed to do? Just curious.

He was supposed to play I'm Ok By Myself, leave and come back with Something Is Squeezing My Skull. For some reason, he decided to walk away before the last song and come with First of the Gang for the encore.

He has left the stage because of crazy invaders but that's rarely happens. The only time I remember he was pissed with it was in Stockton, when a gorilla tackled Morrissey and broke his necklace.

Depending on the show, he will even encourage stage invasion, like he did in Oakland, by pulling somebody from the audience into the stage while the security is trying to keep others away.

This one wasn't rough at all. One of the best I've seen was at the Hammerstein, when several people were invading the stage and Morrissey was helping a bunch of girls to get on stage.

I was in the "orchestra" section, but it was back under the balcony so thanx for posting these, I couldn't see much from my vantage point.
Jynxxx

sorry Jynxxx, perhaps I should have put you on my shoulders :p
anyways as for the show:
I rate it 4 out of 5. I would have liked it to have been longer, which I think it may have been if those thugs who stormed up to the front had been removed earlier.
Also, paying a hundred dollars to be 30 rows back or more felt like a rip off, but thats not Morrissey's fault either...

The people attacking the guard during the encore put a damper on a fine show. I didn't even see Morrissey leave the stage. Between the people trying to get on stage and the thugs beating up a security guard it was a bad ending. I was in Stockton a few years ago when the encore was stopped due to one idiot fan who made it on stage but at least there was no violence in the crowd

I used the Fujifillm F72 EXR - exact same camera as yours except exclusive to Best Buy. I was happy with the results, but the battery life was short. I used flash on every one, but as the battery became weak, so did the flash. Yes, they were taken from the pit, but I still used zoom.

Allow me this question please (note I've never been to any concert)
How do you get them in? Yo can PM me to tell me where you hide it, if necessary :lbf:

Your pics are stunning, like he actually had you there as the official photographer for the show :cool:

Back
Top Bottom