Oakland show officially cancelled

Bradley sends the news:

Email from Another Planet Entertainment:

Morrissey Show Cancelled

We regret that we have been unable to secure a timely rescheduling for Morrissey's concert at the Fox Theater - Oakland.

Tickets will be refunded at place of purchase.

We apologize for any inconvenience.​

I also just got a note from Ticketmaster saying that Ticketmaster will automatically refund tickets. Folks who bought through other vendors will likely have to contact them.

So frustrating -- I was really looking forward to seeing him and hearing the new songs!

Related item:

Last edited:
Don't be a douchebag.

Douchebag? Truer words were never spoken. If you haven't acquired a healthy dose of skepticism about re-scheduled dates by now, needless name-calling is the least of your problems.

He should do a free concert in Golden Gate Park. That will never happen in a million years but it would be a great gesture. Honestly I feel silly being a dedicated fan of Morrissey when he seems bents on shaking us all off like fleas.

Maybe he should move back to Hollywood, take acid, and write an album with John Frusciante.

Once again, and again... Morrissey is in the middle of a controversy that he did Not ask for. It's like when will you f***wits realise that Morrissey did Nothing wrong. He always gets blamed for things that he didn't initiate. It's like A Conspiracy, I swear to God.

see... i told you all that he wasn't returning. face it... it hates you oaklanders.

or he probably just realized it was gonna be full with dinosaurs.

That's it. I'm done. f*** you Moz.

You're not the only one, and you're definitely not a fool. The sound is insipid, the entire thing is just tired, and like I've said to people before: such a devoted fanbase deserves better...

...which includes music.

Oakland isn't an older crowd... Oakland neighbors Berkeley, etc. Some parts are absolutely dreadful, but some parts are nice and artsy. But nothing suggests dinosaurs... I love how people who live in a state shittier than California...and let's face it, ALL States are inferior to California, think they know everything.Unless you're in Manhattan proper, shut the f*** up....

Morrissey should just play San Francsico...like the Warfield or the Fillmore like he did a few years ago... The Fox is nice...but no history and that party of Oakland sucks...

Once again, and again... Morrissey is in the middle of a controversy that he did Not ask for. It's like when will you f***wits realise that Morrissey did Nothing wrong. He always gets blamed for things that he didn't initiate. It's like A Conspiracy, I swear to God.
I love how you defend him. It's so cute... as though if you met him he would want to have a beer with you and discuss your vast collection of Smiths and Morrissey CDs... He'd f***ING SHUN You so quickly... And the guy above who says OAKLAND is full of dinosaurs, you're an idiot... Some parts of Oakland are dreadful and ghetto, some parts are really artsy and nice... but unless you're in Manhattan, you should really shut the f*** up as you type away in Texas somewhere... he's canceled on us three times now, people are allowed to be frustrated! and Morrissey is really the biggest dinosaur

Douchebag? Truer words were never spoken. If you haven't acquired a healthy dose of skepticism about re-scheduled dates by now, needless name-calling is the least of your problems.

This isn't my first time to the rodeo, jackass. I've been subjected to cancellation on a number of occasions. Morrissey on tour is a risk and everyone knows it. But blind speculation based on no facts designed to raise fears (as the original poster did) is a douche-bag move.

Chicago and Royal Oak will be just fine, and hopefully they can swing back into Oakland next year.

the new songs are crap and the band sucks... you guys didn't miss much.

Chicago & Royal Oak will both be canceled on the day of each show, with a message of intent to reschedule which will never happen. How do I know this?

TOTALLY HILARIOUS...... You bimbos buy his same old worn out bull shot everytime... When will you learn the Oakland thing is mow simply a ruse, a gag, a bullshit, come- on ploy of a used car salesman... And you fall for it everytime..... You must have Helsinki Syndrome to want to worship your tormentor..... Hurry now.... Morrissey tickets on sale in ten seconds for his show on the moon! Laugh now.... While you waste your time....

most cancelations will not be rescheduled, anyway you get the ticketmoney backand most likely if Morrissey tours the USA in the future when all's well, Oakland not forgottennow sign that deal, Maddy signed also a new deal [madonna], for 10% what she gets, he mostlikely get his highest deal concerning money

Wait, so the poor drummer get injured, they can't play and now because they can't reschedule, you blame Moz? Believe me, I have had the misfortune and concerts were cancelled- on several occasions, flying cross country and all (Al's back injury awhile back) and once in the middle of a gig when Moz lost his voice. Did it suck? Of course. But you can't blame him on this one. It comes with the territory of being a Moz fan, so if you can't handle it, don't buy tickets. I've rarely seen him give 110% at the gigs (over 100) I've been to, so for him to have to cancel shows here and there, for MOSTLY legitimate reasons, I can't hold it against him. Find something else to whine about. Never mind, I know many of you will.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom