Offenbach Bootleg - 2 versions

MORRISSEY - 2009.06.09 Offenbach, Capitol [2 x MASTER] [double feature CAFS vs. CMC-8]

I just found this on DIME.

MORRISSEY
Offenbach
Capitol

Notes: First date in germany for the Refusal World Tour - here as a special double feature. Your decision, which recording fits better for you. Maybe my last double feature...

Taper: :cyberbio:
Position: balcony, first row seating, middle

Lineage / Source:

a) CAFS-omnis hatmounted - SP-SPSB-8 (roll off @ 69Hz) - Sony MZ-RH1 > USB > CD-Wave - TLH - DIME
b) SP-CMC-8 omnis (low sense modded) hatmounted - SP-SPSB-11 (roll off @ 69Hz) - EDIROL R09HR (24bit/48kHz) > USB > SRCdrop downsampling 16/44.1 - CD-Wave - TLH - DIME

In case you like to master this one, please PM for permission.

Tracks:

01: Intro
02: This charming man
03: Billy Budd
04: Black cloud
05: Ask
06: When I last spoke to Carol
07: How can anybody possibly know how I feel?
08: How soon is now?
09: I'm throwing my arms around Paris
10: The world is full of crashing bores
11: Girlfriend in a coma
12: Why don't you find out for yourself
13: Seasick, yet still docked
14: Some girls are bigger than others
15: One day goodbye will be farewell
16: Keep mine hidden
17: Irish blood, English heart
18: Let me kiss you
19: The loop
20: I'm ok by myself
21: [audience]
22: First of the gang to die

Enjoy!

I haven't seen it posted yet, plus there's only 1 seeder. I'll post both versions on mega upload and share the links, then post to SmithsTorrents

:)

The links to downloaded are posted below. I'm unsure of the differences in quality, unfortunately.

Last edited:
cheers:)

Thanks for such a fast upload on this show.

I ask this cause I am fairly ignorant to the specs of flac source information, but what's the difference between the 2 sources? Is one expected to be distinctly better than the other?

Thanks for such a fast upload on this show.

I ask this cause I am fairly ignorant to the specs of flac source information, but what's the difference between the 2 sources? Is one expected to be distinctly better than the other?

If the audio source is the same (ie soundboard), then FLAC will always be the superior audio format. A typical FLAC file could run 50 megs in size while an .mp3 of the same file could be 4 megs. I'm no expert either, so if an audiophile wants to chime in please by all means.

If the audio source is the same (ie soundboard), then FLAC will always be the superior audio format. A typical FLAC file could run 50 megs in size while an .mp3 of the same file could be 4 megs. I'm no expert either, so if an audiophile wants to chime in please by all means.

I think he meant the differences in the 2 .FLAC sources from the original poster.

Seeing as it isn't considered "cool" to down convert someone's loseless recording. I thought I'd post the original FLAC recording. The original taper was :cyberbio: and they deserve the props for taking the time to record a concert we all seem to be enjoying!

MozOffenbach.jpg

MORRISSEY
Offenbach
Capitol

Notes: First date in Germany for the Tour of Refusal - here as a special double feature. Your decision,
which recording fits better for you.

Taper: :cyberbio:
Position: balcony, first row seating, middle

Lineage / Source:

a) CAFS-omnis hatmounted - SP-SPSB-8 (roll off @ 69Hz) - Sony MZ-RH1 > USB > CD-Wave - TLH - DIME
b) SP-CMC-8 omnis (low sense modded) hatmounted - SP-SPSB-11 (roll off @ 69Hz) - EDIROL R09HR (24bit/48kHz) > USB > SRCdrop downsampling 16/44.1 - CD-Wave - TLH - DIME

In case you like to master this one, please PM for permission.

http://rapidshare.com/files/243596759/Morrissey_-_June_9th__2009_Offenbach__FLAC_.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/243600063/Morrissey_-_June_9th__2009_Offenbach__FLAC_.part2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/243602738/Morrissey_-_June_9th__2009_Offenbach__FLAC_.part3.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/243604192/Morrissey_-_June_9th__2009_Offenbach__FLAC_.part4.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/243606654/Morrissey_-_June_9th__2009_Offenbach__FLAC_.part5.rar

Track Listing:
01: Intro
02: This charming man
03: Billy Budd
04: Black cloud
05: Ask
06: When I last spoke to Carol
07: How can anybody possibly know how I feel?
08: How soon is now?
09: I'm throwing my arms around Paris
10: The world is full of crashing bores
11: Girlfriend in a coma
12: Why don't you find out for yourself
13: Seasick, yet still docked
14: Some girls are bigger than others
15: One day goodbye will be farewell
16: I Keep mine hidden
17: Irish Blood, English heart
18: Let Me kiss you
19: The loop
20: I'm ok by myself
21: [audience]
22: First of the Gang to Die

Enjoy!

cyberbio [2.009.06.10]
* Do not convert into lossy formats * Do not sell * Do not torrent on other pages *
***************** Buy the records and go to the shows ******************

* Do not convert into lossy formats * Do not sell * Do not torrent on other pages *
***************** Buy the records and go to the shows ******************

Not you Vauxhall95, but to others: Nice job respecting taper's wishes: first convert to mp3 then upload on other sites.

Not you Vauxhall95, but to others: Nice job respecting taper's wishes: first convert to mp3 then upload on other sites.
totally agree! not respecting recorders wishes will only result in the recorders themselves not making them available, then where will we be ? RESPECT THE RECORDERS WISHES OR ONE DAY GOODBYE WILL BE FAREWELL

remind me how a recording being made available in more formats is negative again...?
i'm not an audiophile, and really don't need flac for anything. i download it if it's the only source available for something i want to hear, but always immediately convert it to mp3 and use that, then either delete the flacs or just let them quietly seed if it's a torrent.
this case was no different, and since at least one person (actually more like 40, apparently) wanted it as well, i uploaded it and posted it. that's the spirit of sharing, and that's what this live recording stuff is about at the end of the day, isn't it?

sorry guys, but putting an illegal recording on the internet and expecting people to obey your little "rules" is about as optimistic as it is silly. when it's out there, it's out there, and you basically have no control over it. if that's too much to accept, then you should indeed probably not post your recordings.
my only "mistake" as far as i'm concerned is not crediting the original taper, which i should have, but then again s/he was mentioned a few posts up anyway.

much thanks to the taper though! seriously.

Last edited:
remind me how a recording being made available in more formats is negative again...?
i'm not an audiophile, and really don't need flac for anything. i download it if it's the only source available for something i want to hear, but always immediately convert it to mp3 and use that, then either delete the flacs or just let them quietly seed if it's a torrent.
this case was no different, and since at least one person (actually more like 40, apparently) wanted it as well, i uploaded it and posted it. that's the spirit of sharing, and that's what this live recording stuff is about at the end of the day, isn't it?

sorry guys, but putting an illegal recording on the internet and expecting people to obey your little "rules" is about as optimistic as it is silly. when it's out there, it's out there, and you basically have no control over it. if that's too much to accept, then you should indeed probably not post your recordings.
my only "mistake" as far as i'm concerned is not crediting the original taper, which i should have, but then again s/he was mentioned a few posts up anyway.

much thanks to the taper though! seriously.

It's easy really, if you don't respect the tapers wishes then they don't share and if that happens we're all f***ed. Simples.

i don't respect wishes that, in my opinion, aren't reasonable.

i don't respect wishes that, in my opinion, aren't reasonable.
well sorry if thats your opinion, you are entitled to it but as i said previous this will only result in the recorder not sharing future gigs then you will be asking why! there have been many discussions about flac vs mp3 etc and this will probably continue until god knows but all i can say in my opinion, it is about the sound quality, yes there is one, although this might not be apparent to some ears! "to cut a long story short" mp3 to me is like having a worthless copy of someones hard work? i still have and collect vinyl as for me the sound from this will never be beaten, even with scratches etc. i also have a huge collection of the smiths/morrissey proper boots that i paid for and will not share on this forum due to people like yourself not respecting wishes. sorry but that's how it is and it wasn't that long ago that the only way to get a boot was to trade? RESPECT THE RECORDERS WISHES OR "ONE DAY GOODBYE WILL BE FAREWELL"

Back
Top Bottom