Oh, go away, Royal Family. Please die.

the_kaz

Today has proven that, beyond a shadow of a doubt, the world (or the U.K., or maybe just the U.K. media) really is full of crashing bores.

:(

Ha, what's wrong with the announcement of the engagement?

Many companies are really pleased that they can cashing in!

Today was really weird day.

Certainly nothing wrong with the engagement, as such. In all honesty, good for them. It's the media reaction that I'm annoyed with. I had it on BBC News during dinner, and for the entire 30 mins that I was sitting there it was all that they were talking about. The way they described it was ridiculous, saying that today would be a "national day of celebration" and that the announcement would "cheer everyone up after the recent doom & gloom in the news", amongst other absurd statements. Perhaps I'm just bitter and jaded, but I certainly didn't feel that way.

The picture of them on yahoo makes her look like a drag queen a lil bit. :o

katewilliam6.jpg

I'd be happy if they gave the same coverage to a guy I know who's just got engaged, otherwise it's preferential treatment at the license-fee payer's expense for the royals, who by the sheerest accident of birth are in their priveleged position.

Also, I look forward to the announcement that the tax-payer is not footing the bill for any aspect of this upcoming ceremony that means absolutely nothing to the vast majority of British people.

I am ashamed at the media's coverage of this non-event, and in particular, the BBC, who take my money to help pay for it.

P.

I'd be happy if they gave the same coverage to a guy I know who's just got engaged, otherwise it's preferential treatment at the license-fee payer's expense for the royals, who by the sheerest accident of birth are in their priveleged position.

Also, I look forward to the announcement that the tax-payer is not footing the bill for any aspect of this upcoming ceremony that means absolutely nothing to the vast majority of British people.

I am ashamed at the media's coverage of this non-event, and in particular, the BBC, who take my money to help pay for it.

P.

Completely agree.
I actually could not believe that in 2010 a BBC radio journalist could still describe someone as a "COMMONER". Not in an ironic or pseudo-critical sense, just straight ahead descriptive fact. On Radio 4.
This country is f***ed.

...well, if it all goes "Tits up" in a few years ( and she doesn't get "Assassinated" in a Car Crash....) at least THAT ring will fetch a few bob for her on Ebay....

Last edited:
Certainly nothing wrong with the engagement, as such. In all honesty, good for them. It's the media reaction that I'm annoyed with. I had it on BBC News during dinner, and for the entire 30 mins that I was sitting there it was all that they were talking about. The way they described it was ridiculous, saying that today would be a "national day of celebration" and that the announcement would "cheer everyone up after the recent doom & gloom in the news", amongst other absurd statements. Perhaps I'm just bitter and jaded, but I certainly didn't feel that way.

yeah great innit, lots of us still cant afford to eat etc, and they get to rub inour faces just how spoilt they are. thats sure gonna make everyone feel cheerful.

NOT!

Well, I was very pleased yesterday... that I was out all day and didn't have to watch all this crap. I was a child in Ireland when his parents tied the knot, so have no recollection of it, other than Ireland got breakfast television for one day (it used to start at 4pm). Was it a bank holiday? You see the way I see it, I have to pay for this shower, whether I like them or not. So I might as well get a day off every now and then when one dies or gets married? Don't ask me to wave any flags though :p

solo is full of oiks!

I wonder if there is an alternative universe where The Smiths didn’t released a LP called the Queen is Dead and Steven recalls with fond memories of Union jack waving in 1977 and how he thinks the Royal family are great ambassadors for this country.

….and the Solo forums are full of congratulating posts to this rather handsome young couple.

She is identical to the Texan chick my cousin married two years ago.

I bet she looks looks like a lot of people. :) In America they are babbling about this rubbish as well. No offense, but why does Britain have the royal family still? It just seems that they are there to represent the nostalgia of bygone England.

Last edited:
I remember when Lady Di got married. It was on every station and my mom and sister and I sat in front of the television and watched the entire thing. I was a tiny kid at the time, I thought everyone in ENgland lived in a cottage and thats where the forests were that had gnomes and trolls, and their princess was getting married. :o

This is so f***ing awful! A year ago I was still living in Sweden and then the princess got married to Daniel and I has to go witness this awful process with the media and listening to all these people talking about the shit and everything. Then I thought thank god the hell is finally over. So then I move to the UK and now this happends, I'm going to have to re-live the hell all over again. It feels as if god is punishing me.

She's kinda pretty. He looks like an upper-class tool.

Well, duh..

Was he the one who was clowning around with his army squadron or whatever and said he had ginger pubes? Wait, maybe that was his brother who has red hair. Nevermind.

Re: solo is full of oiks!

I wonder if there is an alternative universe where The Smiths didn’t released a LP called the Queen is Dead and Steven recalls with fond memories of Union jack waving in 1977 and how he thinks the Royal family are great ambassadors for this country.

….and the Solo forums are full of congratulating posts to this rather handsome young couple.

Well said.

The reds under the bed who love to shout about the cost of the royal family at times like these, ignore the fact the royals are estimated to earn in tax revenue five times what they cost the public purse.

Well, I was very pleased yesterday... that I was out all day and didn't have to watch all this crap. I was a child in Ireland when his parents tied the knot, so have no recollection of it, other than Ireland got breakfast television for one day (it used to start at 4pm). Was it a bank holiday? You see the way I see it, I have to pay for this shower, whether I like them or not. So I might as well get a day off every now and then when one dies or gets married? Don't ask me to wave any flags though :p

Now that the country is bankrupt I think it's only a matter of time before the television is going to start at 4pm again.

HELP..

did the Nazi prince get engaged or the other one? :confused:

Well to be fair most of the european royal houses were nazis not too long ago. Oh yes, they all ran around Nuremberg making the heil hitler sign. Indeed they did. :thumb:

Tags
finnsdoitbetter i <3 swedes plz die
Back
Top Bottom