Morrissey Central "ONE YEAR GONE IS ONE YEAR TOO LONG" (August 4, 2021)

ONE YEAR GONE IS ONE YEAR TOO LONG

unnamed-1_q5lqgp.jpg

Elizabeth

13 November 1937

13 August 2020

Related item:

Mother and I were best friends in the world. Sure we fought from here to New York, so? We loved each other beyond comprehension. Coming to you soon Ma. X

21 years since my mum went, 4 months after the birth of my middle daughter. Still miss her loads and feel sad for my younger 2 who never got to see what a fab grandmother she would have been for them.

Seems like a private thing and not something you post on your own website. I find it strange and a bit pathetic.

Still wishing (impossibly) that things could be different, and sending love to Morrissey. XOXOXO

What makes this harder for Morrissey than for others is that, as far as we know, he does not have an intimate partner in his life to help him with mourning his sad loss. My Dad died last year and while it has been a difficult year adjusting to him not being here anymore, it probably won't compare to what I will feel when my mum dies. I have never been in a serious relationship and don't expect to ever be in one. So I can somewhat empathise with what Moz is going through at the moment. While I remember seeing Morrissey on TOTP in 1983, my interest in him only began in 1992 when I started listening to the last Smiths album which a college housemate had. This has continued up to the present day.

What makes this harder for Morrissey than for others is that, as far as we know, he does not have an intimate partner in his life to help him with mourning his sad loss. My Dad died last year and while it has been a difficult year adjusting to him not being here anymore, it probably won't compare to what I will feel when my mum dies. I have never been in a serious relationship and don't expect to ever be in one. So I can somewhat empathise with what Moz is going through at the moment. While I remember seeing Morrissey on TOTP in 1983, my interest in him only began in 1992 when I started listening to the last Smiths album which a college housemate had. This has continued up to the present day.
Sorry to hear about your dad. And of course it is the Mums that hurt most. We always feel indebted and, unable to give back what we have received, will forever feel guilty towards them. He does seem to have a caring family though, but being the most sensitive of them, I assume without knowing, would make it difficult for the others to understand how deeply it does affect him. Plus, not every intimate partner can understand such things, I would say. That's one reason for feeling left alone. Losing your mother probably feels like losing the last connection to earth, especially when you have never really felt at home here, and all that is left, is being lost in the universe while falling away from this planet without any direction and no place to land.

Sorry for your loss, really.

As far as we may know from afar, it seems Morrissey has a partner, and it seems he made a great choice too. But even when you have the best partner mourning a mother is a natural process, especially because they had a wonderful relationship and it seems she was the lighthouse of his life.

Don't give up about being in a serious relationship. Who knows.

Sorry for your loss, really.

As far as we may know from afar, it seems Morrissey has a partner, and it seems he made a great choice too. But even when you have the best partner mourning a mother is a natural process, especially because they had a wonderful relationship and it seems she was the lighthouse of his life.

He has his sister also.

Don't give up about being in a serious relationship. Who knows.

Maybe anon Frank doesn’t want to be in a ‘serious relationship’. Many have satisfying lives without the desire to be with someone 24/7. Just saying.

Hard to believe it’s been a year. I know Morrissey is a strong person but I’m surprised he is able to tour and record. I just don’t think I could after such a loss. Her wish would be for him to be happy and to enjoy life. Maybe that’s what keeps him going.

A little levity can be uplifting. Morrissey does it all the time, I'm sure he would have had a brief chuckle.
I excpect Morrissey will still be quite raw about his Mother's passing to have a "brief chuckle".

He may do in the future, but, not from scribbling here.
Do you genuinely believe Morrissey looks in on this site ?

Seems like a private thing and not something you post on your own website. I find it strange and a bit pathetic.
It's an Irish thing and a Catholic thing. You mark the months mind, and the first years anniversary and then every anniversary for years after, usually with a mass. You also talk about the person including on social media or websites these days, if you have one. It's a human thing.
Death is part of life, painful as it is for those who are left , Morrissey knows this. We all share life and death, it comes to us all. Like his James Baldwin post, we still work out their age on each birthday, and yes talk about them as if they still exist because they do, just in another form.
It can be comforting and it can be lonely. It's only strange if you don't think about death as part of life and as its ultimate purpose. There's nothing pathetic about it, it's very understandable if you try to understand. Death is public, even if you aren't as famous as Morrissey.

I excpect Morrissey will still be quite raw about his Mother's passing to have a "brief chuckle".

He may do in the future, but, not from scribbling here.
Do you genuinely believe Morrissey looks in on this site ?
He's obviously aware of the site, so maybe. My point was more IF he saw it, he might briefly chuckle at how dumb/silly the comment was. Most people aren't miserable 100% of the time.

Do one, Morrissey.

Maudlin muppet.

Isn't it about time you grew a spine, stopped whining like a bitch and got on with it?
Daft Punk is the antitdote to this fcUKin daft puff.

Morrissey, mate, your mother's death was of no greater significance than that of all the chickens slaughtered that day in Kentucky Fried Shit. Deal with it. Seriously.

Karma is a bitch, Steven. We keep receipts. Gag on them. Forever...

Norway ten years after the Utøya massacre​

Multicultural and multireligious Norway is here to stay, and undefeatedly so.

https://www.aljazeera.com/opinions/2021/7/26/norway-ten-years-after-the-utoya-massacre

It's an Irish thing and a Catholic thing. You mark the months mind, and the first years anniversary and then every anniversary for years after, usually with a mass. You also talk about the person including on social media or websites these days, if you have one. It's a human thing.
Death is part of life, painful as it is for those who are left , Morrissey knows this. We all share life and death, it comes to us all. Like his James Baldwin post, we still work out their age on each birthday, and yes talk about them as if they still exist because they do, just in another form.
It can be comforting and it can be lonely. It's only strange if you don't think about death as part of life and as its ultimate purpose. There's nothing pathetic about it, it's very understandable if you try to understand. Death is public, even if you aren't as famous as Morrissey.
What a load of old cobblers.

Who says you speak on behalf of the Irish? Or Morrissey? Both feckin gobshites.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom