Online readable Smiths tour programs

Some interesting things in the Smiths' tour programmes.

Morrissey: The Smiths have a group account. We're a co-operative and everything I earn goes into that.

Johnny's most hated record: Ziggy Stardust

All the Smiths chose Margaret Thatcher as their "villain", except Andy, who chose Mark Thatcher.

Great scans. The 1986 tour program isn't on the site, though. Does one even exist? I've never seen one.

Great scans. The 1986 tour program isn't on the site, though. Does one even exist? I've never seen one.

I think these are the only ones. There's a Glastonbury 1984 programme that I've seen a couple of times on ebay, but I have no idea what it's like inside. It's a programme about the festival, so I assume it just mentions the Smiths in a couple of pages.

If anyone here has that, I'd love to see it, as well as the Southpaw Japan tour book.

I think these are the only ones. There's a Glastonbury 1984 programme that I've seen a couple of times on ebay, but I have no idea what it's like inside. It's a programme about the festival, so I assume it just mentions the Smiths in a couple of pages.

If anyone here has that, I'd love to see it, as well as the Southpaw Japan tour book.

Thanks. Yeah, that's what I thought. I've never run across a 1986 tour book, though I'd always assumed The Smiths had sold one because of the "branding" they used for that tour of the lollipop kid. Figured one would turn up eventually, but I've never come across one.

Will you be putting up any of Morrissey's solo tour programs, when you have a chance? Those would be stellar. (Or did I miss them...?)

Flax, it is good of you to maintain a site that lives up to Morrissey's impeccable design standards (especially considering Morrissey himself no longer does). ;)

Thanks. Yeah, that's what I thought. I've never run across a 1986 tour book, though I'd always assumed The Smiths had sold one because of the "branding" they used for that tour of the lollipop kid. Figured one would turn up eventually, but I've never come across one.

Will you be putting up any of Morrissey's solo tour programs, when you have a chance? Those would be stellar. (Or did I miss them...?)

Flax, it is good of you to maintain a site that lives up to Morrissey's impeccable design standards (especially considering Morrissey himself no longer does). ;)

Yes, I am putting them up too. I just haven't been able to keep up with the updates, but I'm starting to gather more material. So those tour books will be up soon, as well as images of several Morrissey test pressings Mikael was very kind enough to scan.

Those are a bit difficult to scan so it will take a while to have them all there, but I just added one of the Your Arsenal books.

I'll add more soon.

Last edited:
I just added a Kill Uncle tour book too

Incredible work. Thank you!!!

Cool to see the green UK YA tour book. The US one is more of a carmine, if I recall correctly. Same content, though, aside from the list of tour dates obviously.

Back
Top Bottom