Oye Esteban! DVD

yes, just keep searching all the music sites, you'll find it

A WORD OF WARNING THOUGH. I JUST BOUGHT IT A WEEK AGO AND IT IS TOTALLY SHIT. MORRISSEY HAS YET TO MAKE A DECENT VIDEO AND SURELY SUNNY IS THE WORST VIDEO EVER MADE. WHAT A LET DOWN!

let's be fair. moz hates the medium of music videos and so intentionally makes rather lame or off-kilter ones. that being said, they have a certain charm. off oye esteban, i adore every video except "pregnant for the last time," and that's mainly because i don't really care for the song and thus can't sit through the video.

basically, if i get to see morrissey's face, i'm a happy girl.

> Is it not available for Europe region dvd players???

Well I certainly can't find it, and I'm starting to get desperate here. If anyone finds the European verison, please please please, let me know...

Girl In A Coma

> let's be fair. moz hates the medium of music videos and so intentionally
> makes rather lame or off-kilter ones.

DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE HE INTENIONALLY MAKES THEM BAD? I THINK IT'S OBVIOUS THAT BESIDES MORRISSEY'S OBVIOUS MUSICAL TALENT HE HAS NO VISUAL IDEAS AT ALL. DON'T GET ME WRONG, I THINK HIS ALBUM SLEEVES USED TO BE GOOD. WELL, THE SMITHS ONES ANYWAY. BUT HE CAN'T SEEM TO JUST MAKE A DECENT VIDEO AND HIS LIVE SHOWS ARE HARDLY THE VISUAL EQUAL OF QUEEN ARE THEY?!!??!!!

STILL, NICE HAIR-DO.

i think they are interesting. they are almost always very simple and very inexpensive. he really does despise the medium, so why should he really bother? morrissey has said that he doesnt like videos because he doesnt want to tell the audience what to envision while they're listening to a certain song. he has a certain image or series of images in his head when listening to music and most people are the same way. he doesnt want to take away from other people's imaginative powers. that's why his videos almost never have anything to do with the lyrical content of the song.

and if you dont like the vids, dont watch them. they're easy to avoid. it's not as though they are on MTV 24/7 like those "inspired" videos by the likes of justin timberlake or destiny's child.

To this day, I'm still trying to figure out what the hell Morrissey is doing riding a tractor in the Suedehead video!! Is that suppose to have some kind of significance? Strange.

i always thought he just wanted to see what life on a farm is like. wasn't it cute how he played the bongos to the cows?

> To this day, I'm still trying to figure out what the hell Morrissey is
> doing riding a tractor in the Suedehead video!! Is that suppose to have
> some kind of significance? Strange.

> i always thought he just wanted to see what life on a farm is like. wasn't
> it cute how he played the bongos to the cows?

Anyone heard of him? Anyone heard about James Dean growing up at a farm? Anyone heard about James Dean playing the bongos? Anyone heard about James Dean reading James Withcomb Riley? Anyone who thinks the whole f***ing suedehead video was about him?

morons.

Re: Watch the A&E bio of James Dean and you'll see why.

yeah no shit. no need for sarcasm. perhaps i should have amended my statement: i always thought he just wanted to know what james dean's early life was like on a farm. just because something isnt expressly stated doesnt mean we dont know it.

asshole.

> Anyone heard of him? Anyone heard about James Dean growing up at a farm?
> Anyone heard about James Dean playing the bongos? Anyone heard about James
> Dean reading James Withcomb Riley? Anyone who thinks the whole f***ing
> suedehead video was about him?

> morons.

I tend to agree. Moz looks kinda silly on the tractor. Sure, he's trying to absorb the James Dean vibe, and all, but he looks like a fish out of water.

he looks sexy on the tractor, the way he lets the tip of his tongue peek out as though hard at work and thought. yum.

> yeah no shit. no need for sarcasm. perhaps i should have amended my
> statement: i always thought he just wanted to know what james dean's early
> life was like on a farm. just because something isnt expressly stated
> doesnt mean we dont know it.

> asshole.

sorry love,
but that just makes your previous comments even more in need of replies with a certain touch of sarcams...

I just thought This message board would discuss some subjects with slightly more intelligence, or does many of you actually get paid by Mike Joyce to poison this site?

I Will Get It Straight In My Neck, Won't I?

/The Asshole

ps. may God and Oscar Wilde always bless you...

ps2.and let's not forget good old Mozzer!

Re: Oye Esteban! DVD-In Mindy's Defense

> Anyone heard of him? Anyone heard about James Dean growing up at a farm?
> Anyone heard about James Dean playing the bongos? Anyone heard about James
> Dean reading James Withcomb Riley? Anyone who thinks the whole f***ing
> suedehead video was about him?

> morons.
Give the girl a break. she doesn't own a TV so how could she possilbly know James Dean's work. I am unable to figure out how she is able to watch Oye Esteban DVD or watch MTV but I guess that will have to remain a mystery.

yeah, i get paid by mike joyce to poison this site which is why i posted various defenses of morrissey against mike joyce. i don't see how our discussion of morrissey riding around on a tractor requires that you respond with sarcasm. i suppose all of your posts are of the utmost importance. all concerned with the meaning of life, i suppose.

before you criticise others, take a look at your posts. your grammar makes little sense. i hate to hit below the belt, but honestly now!

> sorry love,
> but that just makes your previous comments even more in need of replies
> with a certain touch of sarcams...

> I just thought This message board would discuss some subjects with
> slightly more intelligence, or does many of you actually get paid by Mike
> Joyce to poison this site?

> I Will Get It Straight In My Neck, Won't I?

> /The Asshole

> ps. may God and Oscar Wilde always bless you...

> ps2.and let's not forget good old Mozzer!

> before you criticise others, take a look at your posts. your grammar makes
> little sense. i hate to hit below the belt, but honestly now!

NOW THAT'S THE INTELLIGENT COMMENTS I WANT TO SEE!!!

Nice one, Mindy! my grammar is revealing that I'm not from USA/ENGLAND/AUSTRALIA etc...obviously It's not my native language. Did that never occur to you? 'Aha, there is life outside America???? Coooooool.' And I can see now that you've got to be a native to get to play on this site...

But I won't be greedy, I really won't. You can have the last word on this subject, I'll just take my crappy english and live the rest of my life in a shoe box, obviously that's what you get when you can't speak english properly.

But I'm sure you're a good person deep down, I just wish you'd stop hiding it...

/The Asshole

obviously i recognised the possibility that you arent a native speaker, but you have to see how it makes you look stupid to criticise people for talking about morrissey videos when you make numerous little mistakes. it's an irony. and remember, i did say that i hated to hit below the belt because i normally try not to remark on such things. my point is that hey, nobody's perfect, so stop pretending you are.

> NOW THAT'S THE INTELLIGENT COMMENTS I WANT TO SEE!!!

> Nice one, Mindy! my grammar is revealing that I'm not from
> USA/ENGLAND/AUSTRALIA etc...obviously It's not my native language. Did
> that never occur to you? 'Aha, there is life outside America????
> Coooooool.' And I can see now that you've got to be a native to get to
> play on this site...

> But I won't be greedy, I really won't. You can have the last word on this
> subject, I'll just take my crappy english and live the rest of my life in
> a shoe box, obviously that's what you get when you can't speak english
> properly.

> But I'm sure you're a good person deep down, I just wish you'd stop hiding
> it...

> /The Asshole

Back
Top Bottom